Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 3:35 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dw
I definitely have to second this thought. I've been surprised that this card has been out for a day or 2 now, but I have yet to see any mention in any of the frequent flyer blogs, despite the fact that the sign up bonus could be valued at over $1,000, depending on the property.
Same, I spoke to a few bloggers about it, but they seem preoccupied with BA and Hyatt cards. On one hand I am always sad people don't acknowledge Fairmont for the gem it is, on the other, I am happy it isn't over run with plats/premiers. These benefits and the card are a great development and shows Fairmont is committed to marketing it's name, with bloggers support or not.
Old May 11, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
1 Year, or End of Feb 2013 like all Fairmont Certs. FPC Desk at their discretion can extend certs.
boo I want to use it at the Savoy but don't have any plans to go there within the year.

I'm not super familiar with Fairmont, but what are some iconic (or just great) hotels that I could stay at?
Old May 11, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bouncingbug
boo I want to use it at the Savoy but don't have any plans to go there within the year.

I'm not super familiar with Fairmont, but what are some iconic (or just great) hotels that I could stay at?
What area are you looking at?

Without discussing all 60+ properties in detail (sorry), the better Fairmont hotels are:

- most hotels outside Canada/US
- Canada: Pacific Rim Vancouver, Banff Springs, Lake Louise, Jasper Park Lodge
- US: both Fairmont hotels in Hawaii (particularly Kea Lani), Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont Seattle

One issue you´ll encounter with the entry level rooms at the historic hotels is that they´re often small and nothing exciting while the higher category rooms (which you can upgrade to using a room/suite upgrade cert as a Premier/Plat member) and the general areas are great, and some of the locations (e.g. in the Canadian Rockies) can´t be beat.
Old May 11, 2012, 3:54 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Some of the tops in my mind.

Epic
Savoy - London
Plaza - NYC
Peace Hotel - Shanghai
San Francisco
Monte Carlo

Historic
Hotel Vancouver
Royal York - Toronto
Boston
San Jose
Santa Monica
Scottland
Montreal
Quebec City
Seattle

Chic Modern
Pittsburg
Vancouver Pac Rim
Singapore
Beijing
Chicago

Scenic
Lake Louise
Banff
Whistler
Scottsdale
Jasper
Maui and Hawaii

There is also the Raffles Brand and Swisotel Brand that compliment the Fairmont's around the world. (Certificates DO NOT transfer between Brands)
http://www.frhi.com/destinationmap/
Paris and Singapore are quite exquisite
Old May 11, 2012, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Some of the tops in my mind.

Epic
Savoy - London
Plaza - NYC
Peace Hotel - Shanghai
San Francisco
Monte Carlo

Historic
Hotel Vancouver
Royal York - Toronto
Boston
San Jose
Santa Monica
Scottland
Montreal
Quebec City
Seattle

Chic Modern
Pittsburg
Vancouver Pac Rim
Singapore
Beijing
Chicago

Scenic
Lake Louise
Banff
Whistler
Scottsdale
Jasper

There is also the Raffles Brand and Swisotel Brand that compliment the Fairmont's around the world. (Certificates DO NOT transfer between Brands)
http://www.frhi.com/destinationmap/
Paris and Singapore are quite exquisite

Wow. You really know your Fairmonts! I've only ever stayed at the SF Fairmont, and it was very impressive.

So if I stay at Raffles/Swissotel I would be able to get credit for the president's club?
Old May 11, 2012, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wow. You really know your Fairmonts! I've only ever stayed at the SF Fairmont, and it was very impressive.

So if I stay at Raffles/Swissotel I would be able to get credit for the president's club?
Only Premier and Platinum members get stay credit when staying at Swissotel and Raffles hotels. (they also get a limited of benefits when staying there, but generally FPC status doesn´t mean much at Swissotel/Raffles hotels).

However, not all Swissotel/Raffles rates are considered qualifying rates with FPC and the rules tend to be somewhat more restrictive.
Old May 11, 2012, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Only Premier and Platinum members get stay credit when staying at Swissotel and Raffles hotels. (they also get a limited of benefits when staying there, but generally FPC status doesn´t mean much at Swissotel/Raffles hotels).

However, not all Swissotel/Raffles rates are considered qualifying rates with FPC and the rules tend to be somewhat more restrictive.
So effectively by applying for the card, Swissotel and Raffles hotel stays will count towards FPC credit since you get complimentary premier status?
Old May 12, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Received my card today too via UPS. Already activated as well.
Old May 14, 2012, 2:53 pm

If my wife and I both sign up for the card, would we be able to use all 4 free night certificates (after each spending $1,000 on each card) for a 5 night stay?
Old May 14, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by rdong002
If my wife and I both sign up for the card, would we be able to use all 4 free night certificates (after each spending $1,000 on each card) for a 5 night stay?
Yes. Just make sure when you make the reservations (central or hotel res) that they are aware you want to use them consecutively so that you don't have to switch rooms.
Old May 14, 2012, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rdong002
Unless you have Platinum status, certs are non-transferable, thus you´d need two separate reservations (at least in theory). However, that shouldn´t be a problem as you can just combine/link the two reservations.
Old May 14, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Unless you have Platinum status, certs are non-transferable, thus you´d need two separate reservations (at least in theory). However, that shouldn´t be a problem as you can just combine/link the two reservations.
So, certs are transferable for Plats?

We have some friends getting married at the Sonoma Mission Inn. Although they have their room included as a part of the package, I would like to book a room for somebody else in the wedding party.

Can I get this card, and then use the two free nights to book a room for someone else? They have no status, I am Plat.

Thanks Jasper.

Last edited by Jasper2009; May 14, 2012 at 3:58 pm
Old May 14, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
So, certs are transferable for Plats?

We have some friends getting married at the Sonoma Mission Inn. Although they have their room included as a part of the package, I would like to book a room for somebody else in the wedding party.

Can I get this card, and then use the two free nights to book a room for someone else? They have no status, I am Plat.

Thanks Jasper.
Sorry, should have been more precise. Free night certificates are transferrable to immediate family only (incl. spouse/children/siblings/parents) if you hold Plat status, but not to anyone else. Premier members cannot transfer certs at all.
Old May 14, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott PT, Delta PT, Fairmont Prem
Accelerated Platinum Status

If you get Premier by signing up for the card, does this then suggest you need only 5 additional stays to get to platinum or do you have to do 10 stays regardless?
Old May 15, 2012, 4:16 am

Fairmont points

Now that the card has come out, do we know if:

1) The Fairmont points are managed by Fairmont or Chase, and who handles the redemptions?

2) Assuming they are Fairmont Ovation certs, do we have the final redemption values?

I've seen the earlier posts, but have not seen anything concrete since the card release.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.