Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Stupid question, maybe

I looked on chase, and on fairmont, and scanned through some of the pages here, but must have missed this...

I've used the free nights and free upgrades, and free breakfast, etc, but how do I use the points I'v earned?

Is there a chart that shows what I get for my points?

Thank you.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ramonmv
I looked on chase, and on fairmont, and scanned through some of the pages here, but must have missed this...

I've used the free nights and free upgrades, and free breakfast, etc, but how do I use the points I'v earned?

Is there a chart that shows what I get for my points?

Thank you.
You need to log into your Chase account (not your Fairmont account) where you´ll find a redemption chart. Iassume points can be redeemed via the Chase website or by calling Chase CS.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
You need to log into your Chase account (not your Fairmont account) where you´ll find a redemption chart. Iassume points can be redeemed via the Chase website or by calling Chase CS.
Thanks. I knew I'd seen it before. I didn't log in to chase when I looked there, this time.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:34 pm

once you meet min spend how long before the two free night certs are awarded?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jmd001
From the Fairmont-Chase T&Cs:

"Stay certificates may not be redeemed for, or used as credit towards, Fairmont Gold Rooms or Suites. Stay certificates may be used in conjunction with Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Room or Suite Upgrade Certificates but may not be used in conjunction with a Fairmont President’s Club Premier Complimentary Third Night certificate or any other
Fairmont or third-party promotions or packages." (Emphasis added.)
This is a nice feature of Fairmont where free nights and upgrade certificates are combinable. Other hotel loyalty programs such as Hyatt, does not offer suite upgrades on free night point redemptions.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Should every Fairmont Visa card holder receive 4X$25 dining credits and 1 Gold Floor Upgrade certificate upon the visa card renewal with annual fee paid?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
Like everything about Fairmont, the process was flaky but worked out in the end.

On my anniversary date or the day before, the certs from when I got the card ($200 dining, 3 gold floors) disappeared from my account, correctly. The next day, however, no new certs appeared.

A few days later (I think) they still hadn't posted so I called Fairmont. I got the $100 dining certs and gold floor cert to post. The person on the phone apologized, insisting that they should have posted on March 1 (whatever). I hadn't used some of the of gold floor upgrade coupons, and she extended them a few months.

She said that the free night cert wouldn't post until 3 weeks after my anniversary date. It ended up posting about 2 weeks after the date.

My credit card annual fee didn't post until 3 weeks after the anniversary date.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by mux41
Should every Fairmont Visa card holder receive 4X$25 dining credits and 1 Gold Floor Upgrade certificate upon the visa card renewal with annual fee paid?
Thanks.
Everyone should get a Gold Floor Upgrade certificate.
The number of dining coupons may depend on Elite status: Plats should get $100 but I think Premiers (which may include the people who are Premier only because of having the card) may get $50.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
Everyone should get a Gold Floor Upgrade certificate.
That´s contrary to my understanding. Afaik only existing Premier/Platinum members get the Gold upgrade cert as an additional benefit when signing up - and I´m not 100% sure whether that is a permanent offer or whether it was only part of the introductory offer when the card was launched. In any case, I don´t think base FPC members would get the Gold upgrade cert when applying for the CC.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:15 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

That´s contrary to my understanding. Afaik only existing Premier/Platinum members get the Gold upgrade cert as an additional benefit when signing up - and I´m not 100% sure whether that is a permanent offer or whether it was only part of the introductory offer when the card was launched. In any case, I don´t think base FPC members would get the Gold upgrade cert when applying for the CC.
Card members renewing annually, can "EARN" gold/dining certificates based on prior year's stay/night status. NOT based on level of membership.

For example, a Premier (from VISA Card holding) or Platinum from (AMEX/LS/Promo) that do not earn the required stay credits, but keep status, do NOT get the the gold/dining.

If you have enough stays, you earn, per terms.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Card members renewing annually, can "EARN" gold/dining certificates based on prior year's stay/night status. NOT based on level of membership.

For example, a Premier (from VISA Card holding) or Platinum from (AMEX/LS/Promo) that do not earn the required stay credits, but keep status, do NOT get the the gold/dining.

If you have enough stays, you earn, per terms.
Thanks. Wasn´t aware of that. So any CC holder with a minimum of 5 stays or 10 nights in the preceding calendar year earns one gold upgrade cert upon renewal of the CC?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:44 pm

Thanks. Wasn´t aware of that. So any CC holder with a minimum of 5 stays or 10 nights in the preceding calendar year earns one gold upgrade cert upon renewal of the CC?
Jasper, please refer to this post for more info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20871560-post514.html
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Jasper, please refer to this post for more info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20871560-post514.html
Thanks. Is it just me or is the wording slightly ambiguous? Do you have to qualify via stays (as the wording would suggest) or does qualifying via nights also get you the Gold upgrade cert?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:52 pm

Thanks. Is it just me or is the wording slightly ambiguous? Do you have to qualify via stays (as the wording would suggest) or does qualifying via nights also get you the Gold upgrade cert?
Nights OR Stays to get the bonus certs under the "card bonus"

If you have status via another method, you forfeit these bonus certs.

And yes the wording is very vague. I had to speak with the FHRI rep to get clarification.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:56 pm

Does anyone know if you get 4 x $25 breakfast certs on annual renewal? Or is that just a sign on bonus?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:45 am

2 free night certificate details and Lounge locations

I tried to use my 2 free night certificates that I got when I spent $1000 with my Fairmont Visa. There was no availability and they said it was only good for a standard Fairmont room and I could not use it toward credit for an available upgraded View room. The terms and conditions only said that the certificate could not be used as credit toward a Gold room.
Has anyone ever used their certificates as credit toward an upgraded room when the standard room was not available?
Any insights regarding this might help me get the room I want.

One of the extra perks of this card is Lounge club access. Does anyone know of a link to show the lounges that are in this program or are all airline business class/first class lounges on the list.

Thanks, Rick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.