Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Chancensam
Can you use a Fairmont suite upgrade certificate at a Raffles - particularly if you're using ovation certificates (at Raffles)?

Thanks.
No. Suite upgrade certs can only be used at Fairmont hotels.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have 15,000 points in two cards. If I redeem for two $150 gift cards in total...I assume I can use these towards my Fairmont stay folio? May I also assume that these gift cards have a long expiration life?

Not sure it makes sense to wait to hit 25k for a night in standard room...

Am I on the right track?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I have 15,000 points in two cards. If I redeem for two $150 gift cards in total...I assume I can use these towards my Fairmont stay folio? May I also assume that these gift cards have a long expiration life?

Not sure it makes sense to wait to hit 25k for a night in standard room...

Am I on the right track?
Yes, you can of course use the $150 GCs for whatever expenses you want at any Fairmont hotel.

I havent seen the GCs from the CC yet, but if they are the same as the GCs you can purchase or redeem via other CC affiliations (which I assume), they dont have an expiration date at all afaik (at least any GCs Ive had didnt have one).

Saving for an ovation cert makes sense if you think you can get >$250 of value from redeeming an ovation cert (which certainly is possible during high season at some of the A properties).
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Couple questions. If this is the wrong place just shoot me a heads up.

The "breakfast 25$ certificates" are these just like the other regular "spa/restaurant" certificates in peoples experience, or are they really just for bfast, and single cert per visit use only?

Also, can one use more than 1 free night cert on a multiple night stay?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Couple questions. If this is the wrong place just shoot me a heads up.

The "breakfast 25$ certificates" are these just like the other regular "spa/restaurant" certificates in peoples experience, or are they really just for bfast, and single cert per visit use only?

Also, can one use more than 1 free night cert on a multiple night stay?
I have never tried to use a breakfast cert at lunch/dinner. However, some hotels allow you to apply the certs against your hotel bill directly at the front desk, rather than applying them against the meal during the meal. In such cases, the value of the cert can be applied against anything. I'm guessing hotels that do this have decided that it's too hard to train all the restaurant workers in how to handle the coupons. My own experiences have been all over the place.

Yes, you can book a two-night stay using two free night certs.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:58 am

Could anyone tell me how to check the award night availability? Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lichenlt
Could anyone tell me how to check the award night availability? Thanks.
What availability exactly are you referring to?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
What availability exactly are you referring to?
I'm thinking about redeeming two nights at Fairmont Mara Safari Club in Kenya for 12/30-1/1.

Do I have to pay taxes for using the night certificates? This property imposes a 28% tax+$70 conservation fee.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm thinking about redeeming two nights at Fairmont Mara Safari Club in Kenya for 12/30-1/1.

Do I have to pay taxes for using the night certificates? This property imposes a 28% tax+$70 conservation fee.
With the exception of the Savoy and the Plaza there are no capacity controls, the only restriction is when the dates are blacked out see list here which is not the case.

However, I would definitely contact FPC or the hotel to check whats included when using a free night cert there. Technically a free night cert only covers accommodation and I do seem to recall that using a free night cert there isnt nearly as valuable as one may think as one has to pay separately for the meal plan, entrance fees, tips and maybe something else I forgot.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:43 pm

With the exception of the Savoy and the Plaza there are no capacity controls, the only restriction is when the dates are blacked out see list here which is not the case.

However, I would definitely contact FPC or the hotel to check whats included when using a free night cert there. Technically a free night cert only covers accommodation and I do seem to recall that using a free night cert there isnt nearly as valuable as one may think as one has to pay separately for the meal plan, entrance fees, tips and maybe something else I forgot.
Thank you Jasper2009. Just sent an email to FPC.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Free Stay Certifcate

I received two free nights with the Chase Fairmont Visa . . . the T&C say one night with breakfast. I want to use them at the Fairmont Masai Masa, where the standard rate includes all meals and safari. Will my free stay certificates from the Visa include all meals and that safari, or should I plan on budgeting in additional money?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonB110
I received two free nights with the Chase Fairmont Visa . . . the T&C say one night with breakfast. I want to use them at the Fairmont Masai Masa, where the standard rate includes all meals and safari. Will my free stay certificates from the Visa include all meals and that safari, or should I plan on budgeting in additional money?
Heres the reply to the same question I posted in the Fairmont Chase credit card thread:

However, I would definitely contact FPC or the hotel to check whats included when using a free night cert at the Masai Mara. Technically a free night cert only covers accommodation and I do seem to recall that using a free night cert there isnt nearly as valuable as one may think as one has to pay separately for the meal plan, entrance fees, tips and maybe something else I forgot.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Apr 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:08 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thank you Jasper2009. Just sent an email to FPC.
what was the response?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:30 pm

I can comment on this. I was interested in staying at this porperty as well and contacted both Fairmont and the hotel. Here's their response.

The Fairmont Complimentary Night Certificate is valid for room and tax only. Other charges are as below:-

- Full board meals are US$ 90 per person per night

- Game drives are US$ 60 per person per game drive per night (2 optional game drives offered at 0630hrs and 1530hrs respectively)

- Park fees are US$ 70 per person per night.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by pickles1107
Regarding the above, I had no issue combining mine and my wife's two free nights into one reservation and then applying a single suite upgrade for the 4 nights at the Kea Lani. I did not know that technically this was bending the rules a little bit. Thanks for the info... ^
How did you book/combine the reservation(s)? By calling the hotel? Fairmont reservations? Thanks in advance for the answer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.