Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
best move ever and was >5/24. Sad thing is... I actually really enjoyed this card and wish it stayed T_T
Bummed about the loss of this card. It's over now; today is August 15th. RIP.

Fairmont, I hardly knew you. :-(
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:47 am

Looks like my points have converted to UR points. I transferred them to my reserve no problem.

I have sent a sm to Chase asking to product change to freedom. We'll see if they allow it, or whether I need to change to no fee Sapphire first.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Mine have converted to 54k UR as well and I see my product is now a CSP.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
[QUOTE=lkar;28692789I have sent a sm to Chase asking to product change to freedom.[/QUOTE]

I changed mine to a Freedom Unlimited over the phone.

Have 24000 URs with it.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
This AM, online, I used "Combine" to move the "new" UR points (former Fairmont points) to the UR account associated with my previously existing CSP account.

Then called Chase and had (1) the credit line of the former Fairmont card redistributed to other Chase cards, (2) the "new" CSP account closed, and (3) the annual fee that was due in 4 days reversed (whew! that was close).

Every step went totally smoothly in a minimum amount of time.

Elected to not convert to a Freedom card because I want to apply for the card and get the $150 new member enrollment bonus (in ~2 months when I get beyond the limits of the 5/24 rule ) ... and I can ask them to move some of that "redistributed" credit line to "fund" the credit line of a new Freedom card.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
I changed mine to a Freedom Unlimited over the phone.

Have 24000 URs with it.
What's the diff again between the Freedom and the Freedom Unlimited? Since I'm well over 5/24 and thus can't apply for either, I want to make the right choice the first time.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I converted to the 5x. I feel like I would earn more UR with that than if I got a FU... rather put my 1x spend on SPG since UR can be gotten so easily
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
What's the diff again between the Freedom and the Freedom Unlimited? Since I'm well over 5/24 and thus can't apply for either, I want to make the right choice the first time.
One gives 1.5x everywhere. One gives 5x on up to $1500 every quarter in rotating categories.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:28 pm

I just converted CSP to regular Sapphire over the phone. I asked to PC to Freedom but was told the only PC available is Sapphire. This is such a waste of time and money. Chase is going to send a Sapphire card, which will go unused, until I PC that to Freedom.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by paradox
I just converted CSP to regular Sapphire over the phone. I asked to PC to Freedom but was told the only PC available is Sapphire.
HUCA HUCA

Though I didn't have any problem at 7:30am PST.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
What's the diff again between the Freedom and the Freedom Unlimited?
I'm surprised you don't know the difference.

I have two Freedoms and now one Freedom Unlimited.

You can earn more URs in bunches with the Freedom 5x categories, especially having two. I'd get a Freedom 5x first.

I use Amex a lot also.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:41 am

Premier Status

I recently closed my Chase Fairmont card account due to the impending changes. Do you expect I will lose Premier status before 2/28/18?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by Finkface
Mine have converted to 54k UR as well and I see my product is now a CSP.
I was wondering how my UR points had jumped so much.
I forgot about this. So 67k+ added to my existing UR. I have enough for 7 nights at the Andaz Maui now, if I transfer to Hyatt.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
I'm surprised you don't know the difference.

I have two Freedoms and now one Freedom Unlimited.

You can earn more URs in bunches with the Freedom 5x categories, especially having two. I'd get a Freedom 5x first.

I use Amex a lot also.
Thanks MH. I actually had a Freedom quite a while ago. Canceled, hoping to re-earn the bonus--right before the Chase 5/24 rule was put in place. So I never really followed up on variants of Chase cards I'd be ineligible for due to 5/24.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:35 pm

Should I call or SM to PC from CSP to Freedom?

Which method is more effective? Wonder if it's CSR Roulette in both communication mediums. I'd prefer calling, but don't want to have to go through a PC to a Chase Sapphire, like another poster did, vs. going straight for the Freedom. Looking forward to getting my rotating quarterly multiplier categories in play again--that was fun.

Also don't want a CSR to mistakenly PC my pre-existing CSP down to a Freedom by accident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.