Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Brendan
Oh-so-thank you, CanadaDH! In #1658 you correctly answered Italdesign's ?? that the problem before Feb. 3 was that nothing below a Stanley Thompson Suite was available for revenue at Banff, therefore no free cert usage.
As for 1659, I phoned in to Fairmont CS, where the rep told me that the Fairmont Mountain View Room was base enough for using the cert.s, so she reserved me on at the revenue rate of C$659++ for my dates so I can convert it when I have received my cert.s. However, I was told by another rep that at Jasper, it must be a plain old Fairmont Room, not Lakeview.
So I shall see after my cert.s arrive !
When I had gotten my cert.s on March 14 & called to apply them, I was told NO, only Fairmont Rooms (NOT Fairmont Mountain View Rooms) were eligible in Banff. However, I was lucky that eligible rooms had opened up for my dates.
YMMV/ HUCA.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:46 am

I've done a couple of searches in this thread without finding a post on this topic so I thought I'd write and ask:

Does anyone have any experience using multiple card-holder's single certificates back-to-back in order to circumvent the "one cert only" rule at the Plaza and the Savoy?

For example husband uses his one cert to book night #1, wife uses her one cert to book night #2, husband's mom uses her one cert to book night #3 (adding husband's name to reservation at booking), and so on.

My instinct is that this is all fine and perfectly within the rules, however one might run into trouble if calling in requesting to merge the separate reservations in order to guarantee a single room throughout the stay; might be best just to show up at the hotel on day one and and deal with front desk staff on that.

Much obliged for any insight or experience!

Last edited by grady4; Mar 22, 2017 at 1:20 am
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by grady4
I've done a couple of searches in this thread without finding a post on this topic so I thought I'd write and ask:

Does anyone have any experience using multiple card-holder's single certificates back-to-back in order to circumvent the "one cert only" rule at the Plaza and the Savoy?

For example husband uses his one cert to book night #1, wife uses her one cert to book night #2, husband's mom uses her one cert to book night #3 (adding husband's name to reservation at booking), and so on.

My instinct is that this is all fine and perfectly within the rules, however one might run into trouble if calling in requesting to merge the separate reservations in order to guarantee a single room throughout the stay; might be best just to show up at the hotel on day one and and deal with front desk staff on that.

Much obliged for any insight or experience!
I think the one cert per stay rule is just for the Plaza, and not the Savoy. I thought the restrictions on using FPC free night certificates at the Savoy wasn't so much that you're limited to only using 1 cert per booking, but rather the hotel has capacity controls on the number of free night certs that can be used by all guests during a given month? If that's the case, and they hotel has already reached that capacity, none of you would be able to redeem the free night there, regardless of which account the certificate is coming from.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Got my Visa certificates (4x$25 Dining, Gold) today, however the complimentary night certificate was not deposited for $12k spend. Same thing the last two years... always have to call/email.. sigh..
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Got my Visa certificates (4x$25 Dining, Gold) today, however the complimentary night certificate was not deposited for $12k spend. Same thing the last two years... always have to call/email.. sigh..
I'm confused. My impression was the free night for the $12k spend is only deposited after the anniversary. Or does your anniversary happen to be around Feb/Mar time frame?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by lancexfang
I'm confused. My impression was the free night for the $12k spend is only deposited after the anniversary. Or does your anniversary happen to be around Feb/Mar time frame?
My anniversary is indeed based on 3/22/2015.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
My anniversary is indeed based on 3/22/2015.
So it should post by 22 April. Ours have always posted exactly one month after the anniversary with no intervention.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
So it should post by 22 April. Ours have always posted exactly one month after the anniversary with no intervention.
The rep corrected me. My anniversary is 2/1/15 and it will take 6-8 weeks. So sometime within the week.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:50 pm

So how long are folks now seeing the FN cert reflected in their online account after meeting min spend and receiving hardcopy letter saying they qualified for FN cert?

Is it abt 2 weeks or 4 weeks time frame?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I think the one cert per stay rule is just for the Plaza, and not the Savoy. I thought the restrictions on using FPC free night certificates at the Savoy wasn't so much that you're limited to only using 1 cert per booking, but rather the hotel has capacity controls on the number of free night certs that can be used by all guests during a given month? If that's the case, and they hotel has already reached that capacity, none of you would be able to redeem the free night there, regardless of which account the certificate is coming from.
Upon re-reading the FPC terms & conditions (http://www.fairmont.com/fpc/terms-an...C_Certificates), you are correct: the 1 "free night" cert per per booking rule only applies to the Plaza, not the Savoy.

And while "suite upgrade" certs cannot be used at either hotel, apparently you can still use the "room upgrade" certs at the Savoy.

Still curious if anyone has any experience making use of single free night certs from multiple accounts consecutively at the Plaza?

Cheers,
Grady
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: FPC Platinum, Aeroplan
Have most people gotten their annual Visa certs this year? Mine haven't shown up yet. These ones usually aren't a problem, its usually only the comp night at my anniversary in July that I need to bug them about.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by optimas
Have most people gotten their annual Visa certs this year? Mine haven't shown up yet. These ones usually aren't a problem, its usually only the comp night at my anniversary in July that I need to bug them about.
Yes. Mine showed up last week. As per the forum it seems that is when most people received them.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: FPC Platinum, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by nock
Yes. Mine showed up last week. As per the forum it seems that is when most people received them.
Thanks! Emailed them today and it was taken care of very quickly.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:38 pm

The rep corrected me. My anniversary is 2/1/15 and it will take 6-8 weeks. So sometime within the week.
Still no free night, 8 weeks have passed since my card anniversary. Contact Fairmont, they say they have yet to hear anything from Chase, so I didn't meet the spend goal.

Contact Chase, they say I met the spend goal, and to contact Fairmont.

What a cluster...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:24 pm

How do I check multi nights which category room is available at once?

I checked for Lake Louise and Banff all Aug basic room is gone, is it normal?

Originally Posted by Brendan
When I had gotten my cert.s on March 14 & called to apply them, I was told NO, only Fairmont Rooms (NOT Fairmont Mountain View Rooms) were eligible in Banff. However, I was lucky that eligible rooms had opened up for my dates.
YMMV/ HUCA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.