Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes, though I usually call Fairmont and not the hotel.

At some hotels, such as the Empress, the lowest room is not a Fairmont Room. This means you cannot use free nights at those properties, so be careful what you book.
Can the free nights be used at Maui?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gnomey
Am I right that for any Fairmont hotels, you can actually book the hotel nights first (hold it using regular CC or whatever), then later only call the hotel up and say you want to apply FN certs?

Of course this means you should pick the lowest level room aka Fairmont room
1) Correct, you apply the free night cert anytime between making the booking and checking in. It's probably easier to call FPC than the hotel.

2) Generally correct. A few exceptions:

1. Book the Fairmont room category at hotels which have "moderate rooms" which is a category lower.
2. At hotels which don't have a Fairmont room category, book the lowest room category (and possibly call FPC to confirm which category is required for using a free night cert)
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by hiima
Yes, but be aware that the Kea Lani is super uptight with certificate use. While as a Platinum I have frequently had FPC confirm rooms/upgrades before my certificates were deposited, the local reservation folks at the Kea Lani actually backed out such a reservation and refused to reinstate it until the certificates were actually in my account.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
At some hotels, such as the Empress, the lowest room is not a Fairmont Room. This means you cannot use free nights at those properties, so be careful what you book.
Have you ever had issues using a free night cert anywhere?

As far as I know all Fairmont hotels (except for the Heritage Places) are required to accept free night certs regardless of what the hotel calls the lowest room category.

E.g. at the Fairmont Singapore the lowest room cateory is a "Deluxe room" and you can definitely use a free night cert at that roperty.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hiima
Yes, but you may want to confirm the required suite category with FPC.

I seem to recall something along the lines of the free night certs booking into a "Mountainside Suite", not the "Fairmont Suite" category. Plus the hotel keeps changing its policies, so better to double-check.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, but you may want to confirm the required suite category with FPC.

I seem to recall something along the lines of the free night certs booking into a "Mountainside Suite", not the "Fairmont Suite" category. Plus the hotel keeps changing its policies, so better to double-check.
The free-room certs book into the Fairmont Suite.

IME FPC will book suite upgrades into the "lowest available" suite class above that, which is indeed the Mountainview suite when available, but could be Gardenview or Poolside or ... depending on availability. Of course, also IME the hotel will try to charge you a cash upgrade if you are confirmed in anything higher than a mountainside which takes a while to iron out.

Last edited by Erasmus; Feb 7, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:21 pm

great. thank you everyone.

great discussion and insight as Maui Kea Lani is in my 'back-up' list in case it doesnt work out for me to go to the Canadian Rockies or EU.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Yes, but be aware that the Kea Lani is super uptight with certificate use. While as a Platinum I have frequently had FPC confirm rooms/upgrades before my certificates were deposited, the local reservation folks at the Kea Lani actually backed out such a reservation and refused to reinstate it until the certificates were actually in my account.
I've met spend a while back and have all certs in my account. As long as the suites are confirmable, that's all I care about.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
My nights expire on April 28 - so they have to be USED by then, or just booked by then?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
My nights expire on April 28 - so they have to be USED by then, or just booked by then?
"used by" (i.e. certs need to be valid during your stay)
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:00 pm

How quickly do the certs and status apply to my Fairmont acct after approval?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
After spending $12,000, how quickly does the free night post to the account?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
After spending $12,000, how quickly does the free night post to the account?
It will post one month after your card anniversary date.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by coffee18
How quickly do the certs and status apply to my Fairmont acct after approval?
Has been 4-5 days since my first statement cut. Spent 3K well before the statement date. Two free nights certs haven't shown up yet.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:50 pm

Dining/spa certs

Hi, my dining/spa certs expire 2/28 and I know I'll get new ones on 3/1. I have a stay at the Kea Lani, starting on 3/2. My question is, is there any way to use the 2/28 certs at the Kea Lani, either by calling the hotel and having them apply them to my account now or getting a gift card at my local Fairmont? I can go in person to my local Fairmont, if that helps. Otherwise, looks like I'll be having a lunch or 2 there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.