Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
So will be visiting dubai next month and figured I can use the 2x$25 dining certs for lunch at Fairmont The Palms before the expire! What exactly do I need to bring or how can I show them the dining certs since it's only online? Also, the dining certs will be $50 USD as opposed to $50 AED?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
So will be visiting dubai next month and figured I can use the 2x$25 dining certs for lunch at Fairmont The Palms before the expire! What exactly do I need to bring or how can I show them the dining certs since it's only online? Also, the dining certs will be $50 USD as opposed to $50 AED?
Yes, it's $50USD.

Are you also staying at the hotel?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, it's $50USD.

Are you also staying at the hotel?
No I will not-- staying at Park Hyatt Dubai. This will not be an issue I hope?

Planning to go on the boat tour and then visit "the palms" area and realized I had expiring dining certs and figured can do a lunch at the seagrill on 25o restaurant
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
No I will not-- staying at Park Hyatt Dubai. This will not be an issue I hope?

Planning to go on the boat tour and then visit "the palms" area and realized I had expiring dining certs and figured can do a lunch at the seagrill on 25o restaurant
In that case I'd take along a print-out of your FPC account showing your FPC# and the certs and inform your waiter about using the certs upon being seated.

It may take some time for the server to process the certs / finding someone who can process them.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Smile

I just got my card in the mail today & activated it ! Then I paid my health insurance, HOA dues, and mobile phone bill. And my 6-month auto insurance payment is due.

Originally Posted by Brendan
Live links were discovered & reported by http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...ard-hurry-get/

I was approved by using their link #1 on Jan. 16 at 5:xx PM EST!
UPDATE: Now it's Jan. 17. My chase.com account shows my new Fairmont Visa, but all links are now dead. Guess I was the last one--or close to it !

Say, if Chase does not want to issue me a card, may I please just have the bennies ?

Last edited by Brendan; Jan 24, 2017 at 9:53 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Dead?

Is there an older, working, link for this card? This site says no: https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/ch...t-credit-card/

Thx
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by philemer
Is there an older, working, link for this card? This site says no: https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/ch...t-credit-card/

Thx
The two which I was using last week are no longer working.

Perhaps there are some printed application forms still out there somewhere. That would be what I would try next.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Nirvana91
Got it, thanks. Just to clarify, the letter was actually in the physical snail mail, not an email. I'm sure that doesn't matter though.

I suppose I'll wait a bit, at least until a few days until my next statement closes, and see if they make it in there. If not I'll guess I'd call Fairmont (or possibly Chase?) at that point. Hopefully this sorts itself out. Thank you!
Do you know when your free nights posted?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I am a Fairmont newbie, have stayed at several properties in the past but only recently got the card. The upgrade certs I got, those require booking a deluxe room to get upgraded to Gold? And is it one cert per stay or per night? I see a decent rate at Fairmont Vancouver fro a deluxe room for next weekend, will be hanging out with my wife and would be nice to have Gold floor access.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
I am a Fairmont newbie, have stayed at several properties in the past but only recently got the card. The upgrade certs I got, those require booking a deluxe room to get upgraded to Gold? And is it one cert per stay or per night? I see a decent rate at Fairmont Vancouver fro a deluxe room for next weekend, will be hanging out with my wife and would be nice to have Gold floor access.
just one certificate per stay in my experience, but yes you do need to book a Deluxe room
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

An upgrade cert is valid for a stay of up to five nights.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
An upgrade cert is valid for a stay of up to five nights.
Cool, just spotted that in the fine print. I see I have two that expire end of Feb so will burn these. I suspect I have to wait until March 1 when I get two more to apply to an April stay?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Cool, just spotted that in the fine print. I see I have two that expire end of Feb so will burn these. I suspect I have to wait until March 1 when I get two more to apply to an April stay?
Generally, yes. If you have Plat status / are a regular guest, it's sometimes possible to apply certs before you actually have them under the condition that you'll have to pay rack rate for the upgrade room/suite if you don't have the cert at time of check-in, but this is more of a courtesy than a published benefit.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Nirvana91
Got it, thanks. Just to clarify, the letter was actually in the physical snail mail, not an email. I'm sure that doesn't matter though.

I suppose I'll wait a bit, at least until a few days until my next statement closes, and see if they make it in there. If not I'll guess I'd call Fairmont (or possibly Chase?) at that point. Hopefully this sorts itself out. Thank you!
Just to follow-up on this: the free night certificates posted yesterday to my account. So it was 12 days after the date on the letter in the mail, and about a week after I actually received the letter.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:27 am

Sorry if this has been asked -- I tried searching, but found nothing. I applied for this card without a President's Club # and am wondering how I retrieve my PC # to register online. I figured Chase would assign a number and include it on the card like every other affialiated card I have, but alas, I see no such number on the card. Will I get a welcome package or something via email or US mail? If not, do I contact Fairmont or Chase? Thx in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.