Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 8tracks
I'm thinking about getting this card for a trip to Quebec City. I will be there the weekend before Valentine's day and would love to stay at Le Chateau Frontenac. The Fairmont 2016 blackout dates page shows "January 1; February 12-13; December 24-26, 31, 2016" for this property. Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year and the preceding Fri & Sat were blacked out. Some properties list 2017 dates on this 2016 page, but there are no 2017 dates listed for this property. Is there any way to confirm if 12-13 Feb, 2017 will be blacked out?
That list should include all the black-out dates until the end of the membership year (Feb. 28, 2017).

So if those dates in Feb. aren't listed, I'd assume they aren't blacked out (though no guarantee).

Originally Posted by 8tracks
Also looking at what's currently available I see both "Fairmont Room City View" and "Fairmont Room River View". If these dates are not blacked out would I be able to book either of these rooms with the Visa certificates?
You generally need availability in the "Fairmont room" category to use a free night cert. (The two rooms you list are higher room categories).

Though it never hurts to contact FPC or the hotel directly and see whether they'll redeem your free night certs.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
I had the Fairmont Visa in 2012--13, spent my $12K, got my free night posted, booked it, then cancelled to avoid the AF with no ill effects. I had done the same with the Marriott & IHG cards. The free night always arrives a few weeks BEFORE the AF is billed to enable this !
I am concerned about clawbacks, as the $95 is a small price to pay for a night at The Plaza. However, that does not sound like it would be an issue. I already booked my stay, but it's not until March. I have until Dec. 10th to cancel the credit card.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Met the minimum spend for the 2 free nights. Now I have 3000 Fairmont points, supposedly. I can't see them anywhere on my Fairmont account. I see the certificates, but not the points. Where would I see them?

Assuming that I can somehow access them, how do I go about redeeming them for a gift certificate on the Fairmont site? I also can't seem to find that option. Thanks so much for your help with this noob!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Met the minimum spend for the 2 free nights. Now I have 3000 Fairmont points, supposedly. I can't see them anywhere on my Fairmont account. I see the certificates, but not the points. Where would I see them?

Assuming that I can somehow access them, how do I go about redeeming them for a gift certificate on the Fairmont site? I also can't seem to find that option. Thanks so much for your help with this noob!
They are not traditional hotel points the way that other hotel programs work. It is a Chase program. The points are in your Chase account, not in your FPC account. Log in to your Chase Fairmont CC account and there is a link just to the right of your credit limit that says: Fairmont® rewards See balance. Click on that and it will give you the options to view your rewards balance or the Redeem Awards link.

The 2 free night certificates, however, will be in your Fairmont FPC account under 'my certificates" as you already know.

Last edited by Finkface; Nov 16, 2016 at 11:21 am Reason: Added free night certs info
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:58 am

When do Fairmont issue 2 free night certificates after meeting spending requirement ?
I met spending requirement on 11/13 , but no certificates yet .
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by Finkface
They are not traditional hotel points the way that other hotel programs work. It is a Chase program. The points are in your Chase account, not in your FPC account. Log in to your Chase Fairmont CC account and there is a link just to the right of your credit limit that says: Fairmont® rewards See balance. Click on that and it will give you the options to view your rewards balance or the Redeem Awards link.

The 2 free night certificates, however, will be in your Fairmont FPC account under 'my certificates" as you already know.
Thanks so much for this! I totally see the points now, and the redemption options. You were a great help, and I really appreciate it!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Given this announcement I shall seriously consider signing up for this Visa in January, after 2x for Shopping Small with Amex ends. So I can get Plat bennies for 2017 (thru Feb. 2018) + whatever they give me thru Feb. 2019 before I close the card in Jan./Feb. 2018.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:52 pm

Can the welcome bonus 2 free nights be used if the lowest room category is not available for sale?

I mean, if at Fairmont Lake Louise, the cheapest room available is a Lake View room, but not the lower category Mtn View room, can I still use the certificate?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Can the welcome bonus 2 free nights be used if the lowest room category is not available for sale?

I mean, if at Fairmont Lake Louise, the cheapest room available is a Lake View room, but not the lower category Mtn View room, can I still use the certificate?
Unfortunately, no.

And just FYI: The "Fairmont Mountain View room" is not the lowest room category at CLL. There is a "Fairmont room" (no view) at this property.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:41 am

My annual renewal date is in October, and I had planned to book a Chase Free Night room for November of 2017. Fairmont won't permit the booking until they can see the certificate in my account. I was hoping they would let me book with the caveat that if my certificate should not show up for some reason, I would be charged the regular room rate. However, that is not the case. I was looking at the Savoy, and waiting until October for my night to post will result in zero availability at the Savoy due to their limitation on the number of free rooms they accept during a given month. Has anyone else run into this situation.

My plan was to use the Chase free night, pay for three nights, and receive the fourth night free (Citi Prestige), but I may need to rethink this.

I was not going to renew the card this year, but decided to give it one more year.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I had an odd conversation with reservations when redeeming my 2 free night certs for CLL. The agent saw I already had a suite under the PSKI rate for 4 nights and I was calling to add 2 free nights in a base room plus the remaining 2 base room nights w the PSKI rate (effectively a suite for the adults and the room for our kids). It worked out in the end, but she insisted we had to change the name on the suite reservation to my wife and only then could I do this. She insisted "the free night certificates are not transferable." Huh, wasnt trying to transfer it, just book two separate rooms (a suite and a base room) that my immediate family would occupy. Not sure it matters who's name is where, I guess when I check in I can probably get them changed back to both being in my name.

BTW- thanks for the pointer on where to see points from CC spend on the card....
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
<never mind>
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by TTT103
My annual renewal date is in October, and I had planned to book a Chase Free Night room for November of 2017. Fairmont won't permit the booking until they can see the certificate in my account. I was hoping they would let me book with the caveat that if my certificate should not show up for some reason, I would be charged the regular room rate. However, that is not the case.
While I've no personal experience with the Savoy, I have always been able to book a Fairmont room at rack rate and then have FPC swap in a free night cert when it arrives. Sometimes they'll even book it as a comp room w/o the certificates--although in one case the property itself refused to honor the booking and forced it back to a paid rate until the certs showed up.

YMMV, but I've found FPC to be extremely lenient (although the bulk of my experience was as Plat, but I've done this recently as just as Premier as well).
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:08 pm

I have a question.

I am trying to book a room with a Chase certificate. The Fairmont room is unavailable, though the Junior Suite, which our Suite upgrade certificate would get us, is available. Fairmont says that they can't book the Junior Suite because no Fairmont room is available even though the room that we would be booking is available to book.

Does that sound right?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by gblakeb
I have a question.

I am trying to book a room with a Chase certificate. The Fairmont room is unavailable, though the Junior Suite, which our Suite upgrade certificate would get us, is available. Fairmont says that they can't book the Junior Suite because no Fairmont room is available even though the room that we would be booking is available to book.

Does that sound right?
Yes, that's correct. There must be availability in the base class before you can upgrade. You might have luck calling the property directly, explaining what you are trying to do, and asking nicely if they can help you. The answer may very well be no, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.