Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Also, with Fairmont free night certs obtained from the Chase card sign-up bonus, with whatever the stated expiration date is:

1) Will they do a courtesy extension if asked nicely?
2) Is the expiration date the date you must book by? Or must your free night stay be completed on or by the expiration date?
1) Unless it is by a few days/weeks, I doubt it. ( FWIW, it is more likely to have upgrade certs extended than free night certs, and usually only if you have Plat status and/or are planning to use the certs for a specific stay in the near future)

2) Certs need to be valid at time of check-in.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
1) Unless it is by a few days/weeks, I doubt it. ( FWIW, it is more likely to have upgrade certs extended than free night certs, and usually only if you have Plat status and/or are planning to use the certs for a specific stay in the near future)

2) Certs need to be valid at time of check-in.
Thanks mahasamatman and Jasper. Still assuming 12 month expiration from deposit of free certs into my FPC account. Anyone know otherwise? AFAIK, Marriott is the only major chain offering free night certs as a sign-up bonus that expire in less than 12 months.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks mahasamatman and Jasper. Still assuming 12 month expiration from deposit of free certs into my FPC account. Anyone know otherwise? AFAIK, Marriott is the only major chain offering free night certs as a sign-up bonus that expire in less than 12 months.
Yes, Fairmont Chase free night certs are valid for 12 months.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Correct. But if FPC continues to exist next year, you'd both get a next set of Premier certs on March 1, 2017.
I'm new to Fairmont and a little confused by this.

I just applied for the Fairmont credit card and received two $25 dining certificates and two upgrade certificates that expire on Feb 2017.

If i wait to stay in summer of 2017 at a Fairmont property will they issue me 2 new dining certificates and 2 new upgrade certificates if i continue to hold the credit card in march 2017? If so, does it matter if i use the certs this year as well (are they a recurring benefit each year)?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by longleaf
I'm new to Fairmont and a little confused by this. I just applied for the Fairmont card and received two $25 dining certificates and two upgrade certificates that expire on Feb 2017.

If i wait to stay in summer of 2017 at a Fairmont property will they issue me 2 new dining certificates and 2 new upgrade certificates if i continue to hold the credit card in march 2017?
Correct. (My above post was more about whether FPC will continue to exist at all since it's quite likely it'll eventually be discontinued / merged with the Accor program. But at this point is very much seems like FPC will continue to exist for at least another year.)
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by longleaf
will they issue me 2 new dining certificates and 2 new upgrade certificates if i continue to hold the credit card in march 2017?
Yes. The card confers Premier status, which comes with these benefits. If you also meet the qualifications for Premier status on its own, there are additional benefits as well (another $50 in dining certificates plus a Gold upgrade certificate).
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:09 am

Can you still test drive a BMW (or was it a Mercedes) to get a free dining cert?

Can you still test drive a BMW (or was it a Mercedes) to get a free dining cert?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
(It has nothing to do with the credit card, but) If you've already registered, you have three more days. Otherwise, not this time around.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...ing-bmw-2.html
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
(It has nothing to do with the credit card, but) If you've already registered, you have three more days. Otherwise, not this time around.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...ing-bmw-2.html
Thanks mahasamatman. Hopefully there will be other opportunities in the future.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:57 am

Trying to decide whether to keep the credit card (annual fee due this month). I was/am Fairmont Premier prior to getting the credit card, so I don't see much benefit in keeping it.

One possible exception is the Fairmont Gold floor upgrade certificate I received at signup because I was already Premier; unfortunately it expired before I could use it. Will Chase give me another Gold upgrade certificate if I renew the card?

Also, any thoughts on the value of the certificate? The Gold floor is certainly nice, but was often unavailable at the dates and properties I wanted (granted, these were peak dates). Also, you have to book a Deluxe room to use the certificate, which can be a significant premium over a standard room.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by eastbysouthwest
Trying to decide whether to keep the credit card (annual fee due this month). .
I am contemplating keeping the card, as well. The annual fee just billed, and Chase did not have any retention offers for me; however, I did spend over $12K last year, so earned a free night. I'll likely pay the annual fee this year, take advantage of the free night, and then cancel. My guess is that they may revoke the free night if I cancel to avoid the fee, so it's well worth the fee for a night at The Plaza.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by eastbysouthwest
Will Chase give me another Gold upgrade certificate if I renew the card?
You only get the Gold Updgrade (and the additional $50 in F&B certs) if you earn Premier along with having the card.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:36 pm

If I booked a Fairmont through the Chase Luxury Hotels and Resorts website (using Chase Sapphire Preferred card), can I pay using my Fairmont card or not? I got some benefits by using the non-Fairmont website (free breakfast, spa coupon), so if those would be negated then I'll just pay with the Sapphire.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Cool

Originally Posted by TTT103
I am contemplating keeping the card, as well. The annual fee just billed, and Chase did not have any retention offers for me; however, I did spend over $12K last year, so earned a free night. I'll likely pay the annual fee this year, take advantage of the free night, and then cancel. My guess is that they may revoke the free night if I cancel to avoid the fee, so it's well worth the fee for a night at The Plaza.
I had the Fairmont Visa in 2012--13, spent my $12K, got my free night posted, booked it, then cancelled to avoid the AF with no ill effects. I had done the same with the Marriott & IHG cards. The free night always arrives a few weeks BEFORE the AF is billed to enable this !
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:13 pm

I'm thinking about getting this card for a trip to Quebec City. I will be there the weekend before Valentine's day and would love to stay at Le Chateau Frontenac. The Fairmont 2016 blackout dates page shows "January 1; February 12-13; December 24-26, 31, 2016" for this property. Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year and the preceding Fri & Sat were blacked out. Some properties list 2017 dates on this 2016 page, but there are no 2017 dates listed for this property. Is there any way to confirm if 12-13 Feb, 2017 will be blacked out?

Also looking at what's currently available I see both "Fairmont Room City View" and "Fairmont Room River View". If these dates are not blacked out would I be able to book either of these rooms with the Visa certificates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.