FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   PC Plat - early check in/late check out (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1247156-pc-plat-early-check-late-check-out.html)

Vaclav Aug 12, 2011 9:55 am

PC Plat - early check in/late check out

One of the stated benefits for the Platinum members of PC is early check in and late check out.

Are there any guidelines as to how many hours in advance and after the official check in/out should be granted? Or is it at the discretion of the hotel?

I am inquiring about it because of the upcoming stay at Fairmont San Francisco. I may not likely need the early check in since I am planning to visit MOMA first upon disembarking from BART, but late check out next day would come very handy due to the late pm departure.

Some other major chains grant at least 4 pm late check out.

Jasper2009 Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Vaclav (Post 16910156)
One of the stated benefits for the Platinum members of PC is early check in and late check out.

Are there any guidelines as to how many hours in advance and after the official check in/out should be granted? Or is it at the discretion of the hotel?

I am inquiring about it because of the upcoming stay at Fairmont San Francisco. I may not likely need the early check in since I am planning to visit MOMA first upon disembarking from BART, but late check out next day would come very handy due to the late pm departure.

I believe no exact time is mentioned in the T&C.
As a general guideline I´d say Plats should be able to expect:

early check-in: 12.00p.m.
late check-out: 4p.m.

This is in line with the early check-in / late check-out times Fairmont grants guests who book through Virtuoso/AMEX FHR/etc.(note that with those distribution channels the benefit sometimes is guaranteed, while sometimes it´s "based on availability")

Early check-in is hit and miss IME (even if I send the hotel my exact arrival time and flight information in advance they sometimes screw up). Late check-out has worked pretty well most of the time (usually 4p.m., though occasionally I´ve been able to get a 6p.m. or even 8p.m. late check-out when occupancy was low)

Vaclav Aug 12, 2011 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 16910429)
I believe no exact time is mentioned in the T&C.
As a general guideline I´d say Plats should be able to expect:

early check-in: 12.00p.m.
late check-out: 4p.m.

This is in line with the early check-in / late check-out times Fairmont grants guests who book through Virtuoso/AMEX FHR/etc.(note that with those distribution channels the benefit sometimes is guaranteed, while sometimes it´s "based on availability")

Early check-in is hit and miss IME (even if I send the hotel my exact arrival time and flight information in advance they sometimes screw up). Late check-out has worked pretty well most of the time (usually 4p.m., though occasionally I´ve been able to get a 6p.m. or even 8p.m. late check-out when occupancy was low)

Thanks, we'll see what they'll offer.

Cascadia Aug 12, 2011 11:16 am

At the Kea Lani a few weeks ago I had 9 am early check in and 8 pm late check out. I have done the same at the YVR properties and Seattle in the past.

Vaclav Aug 12, 2011 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Cascadia (Post 16910778)
At the Kea Lani a few weeks ago I had 9 am early check in and 8 pm late check out. I have done the same at the YVR properties and Seattle in the past.

That'a amazing! If I could get 6pm late check out, I'd be happy.

Ancien Maestro Aug 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Cascadia (Post 16910778)

Kea Lani has been traditionally very good with their late check out policies.. They are making efforts to make the elite members happy which is good to see..

ksm06 Aug 12, 2011 8:10 pm

From my experience I'd say early checkin is around 9am, and late checkout is 4pm - 5pm when I've used this at various Fairmonts.

rfrost Aug 14, 2011 5:03 pm

I've been told by a couple of hotels that checkin can be as early as 9 am. I don't know about late checkout.

joet00 Aug 15, 2011 12:18 pm

5:30 pm in DC

Was in DC at the end of last month.

I requested a 5:30 pm check-out (as we had tix to the 1 pm Nats game before leaving town).

I mentioned it at the time of reservation and confirmed it again at check-in. No issues either time (in particular check-in as it appeared that it wasn't in the file).

AMRivlin Aug 15, 2011 1:56 pm

The rule is 10am CI 6pm CO but is flexible and can vary based on availability.

Jasper2009 Aug 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 16929588)
The rule is 10am CI 6pm CO but is flexible and can vary based on availability.

Just curious, is this more based your experience or were you told by FPC that this is the standard policy?

6p.m. check-out usually isn´t a problem, but I´ve been denied an earlier check-in than 12p.m. a few times, so I´d be interested to know whether there actually is a policy.

mountainmike Aug 18, 2011 3:59 pm

My best experience was in Singapore where I arrived at about 8.30am off an overnight flight from London. I had booked a suite upgrade with a cert and emailed to ask whether I'd be able to wait in the Executive club til my room was available. When I checked in they gave me another room to use from 8.30 -12 when my suite became available. That is what I call service -and I was delighted to be able to shower and have a kip in comfort.

Other than that at YVR I've checked in at 9 am off a Sydney (Australia) flight with no problems , downtown Vancouver 12 noon hasn't been a problem. Late check outs I've never needed later than 4 but have always been able to get it. I guess if you ask nicely and don't take it for granted generally the hotel will try its best for its best customers

Ancien Maestro Aug 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by mountainmike (Post 16949532)
My best experience was in Singapore where I arrived at about 8.30am off an overnight flight from London. I had booked a suite upgrade with a cert and emailed to ask whether I'd be able to wait in the Executive club til my room was available. When I checked in they gave me another room to use from 8.30 -12 when my suite became available. That is what I call service -and I was delighted to be able to shower and have a kip in comfort.

Other than that at YVR I've checked in at 9 am off a Sydney (Australia) flight with no problems , downtown Vancouver 12 noon hasn't been a problem. Late check outs I've never needed later than 4 but have always been able to get it. I guess if you ask nicely and don't take it for granted generally the hotel will try its best for its best customers

The early check-in experiences sound phenomenal.. We haven't used early check-in in years.. and when we have back in 04 and 05.. has been hit and miss.. Sounds handy when you need it..

The late check out in our experience.. usually is confirmed the day of.. and has been honored 100% of the time lately for us..

acysb87 Aug 21, 2011 6:19 am

Have requested early check-in for Pacific Rim(noon) .Will report back on my success or lack of success.

joet00 Aug 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mountainmike (Post 16949532)

+1

We had a suite upgrade booked at the Fairmont Royal York earlier this year. Our room wasn't ready upon arrival (tho' I can't recall if it was prior to noon or not, thus making this potentially OT) and they gave us a room to park ourselves in until the suite was ready.

It was perfect, with one son staying in the room with our dog while the rest of us hit the pool!

^ Fairmont!