Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service??

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Customer Service??

Made a reservation for Fairmont Kea Lani for next week. Saturday I e mailed President'c Club customer service regarding an issue with the room rate/upgrade. Did not receive a reply until Wednesday!

I am Diamond with Hilton as they are the most convenient for biz travel but stayed enough personal nights last year with Fairmont to get status. As much as I have complained about point redemption with Hilton I don't think for a minute I would wait 5 days for an e mail response (5 hours would be a stretch). Have I set my expectations too high??
Old May 13, 2010, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
There have been times I've sent e-mails to various Fairmont hotels and not received responses at all. The best is when I receive an e-mail from the hotel "On behalf of the Management and all our Colleagues here... we would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your destination for this special time... Please allow me to assist you in any reservations or preparations you might require..."

Then I reply asking for help and hear NOTHING. So it isn't just you. It seems to be happen a lot.
Old May 13, 2010, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
E-mails have never worked well with Fairmont.. best to call and get it done over the phone. I'm thinking maybe having writing imposes liability, creates more trouble then Fairmont is sometimes willing to accept, unless they know you well, and have a good rapport. Best just to call until its resolved.
Old May 13, 2010, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
I agree a phone call is the way to go, but one week before a vacation I am lucky to work a 15 hour day. The difference between a 45 second e mail and a 5 minute phone call is huge when multiplied by 50. Got a chance to grab lunch today at 4 pm

I suppose I just expected too much from a luxury chain. If I took 5 days to return a clients e mail I wouldn't have to worry about vacation. Oh well, live and learn Guess I'll ask for 3 cocktail napkins with my Mai Tais next week. That will teach em
Old May 13, 2010, 7:43 pm

Well I hope they know that they are losing customers over this. Had an issue with a stay near the end of April, sent an email and a comment through the "comment on your stay" function through FPC.com and no reply. Guess who's now lost a "premier" Customer?
Old May 13, 2010, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by ant1029
Well I hope they know that they are losing customers over this. Had an issue with a stay near the end of April, sent an email and a comment through the "comment on your stay" function through FPC.com and no reply. Guess who's now lost a "premier" Customer?
Same thing happend to me after a stay. It is crazy and obviously unacceptable for a company of Fairmont's reputation, especially with such high profile properties in its portfolio.
Old May 13, 2010, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Don't want to be pessimistic.. but arguing over what I paid for this past weekend, even though I talked to the manager I knew for about three years after.. really sucked the joy out of what was supposed to be a special weekend. Yeah, it was nice to talk to Mr. Resch, but who's going to restore what was supposed to be a special Mother's day weekend with the Calgary Philharmonic.. and the money spent to boot? Cell phone on one hand long distance to concierge, in between Stradavarius sections.. an entire staff on the other arguing over rooms, valet parking, and breakfast. Employees lying that they are managers and that their buck stops here.. when it actually doesn't.

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I didn't think the day would ever come when I present written proof to hotel staff of reservation confirmation, and get denied all parts of what I paid for.. for an entire 3 night stay. Probably 35 phone calls. At the end, almost grudgingly letting me have what I paid for..

Wait.. T&C.. reading the fine print, FPC reserves the right to correct typographical errors.. but it was FPC telling me that I got everything in my package, and the hotel denying it..
Old May 14, 2010, 2:06 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by nccarguy

I suppose I just expected too much from a luxury chain. If I took 5 days to return a clients e mail I wouldn't have to worry about vacation.
Sadly, Fairmont is quite with their electronic stuff. Website is often busted. Emails seem to go nowhere. Seems to be worse as of late. I remember not that long ago that they generally replied to emails and feedbacks quite fast. Nowadays, yeah, I've given on emails with their customer service folks.

And I think that even the Plat Concierge line is now more hit and miss than before....
Old May 14, 2010, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Don't want to be pessimistic.. but arguing over what I paid for this past weekend, even though I talked to the manager I knew for about three years after..

Wait.. T&C.. reading the fine print, FPC reserves the right to correct typographical errors.. but it was FPC telling me that I got everything in my package, and the hotel denying it..
That really sucks. It reminds me of some of my IC experiences... Good consistent brands are harder and harder to come by, it seems.
Old May 14, 2010, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by choptliva
Sadly, Fairmont is quite with their electronic stuff. Website is often busted. Emails seem to go nowhere. Seems to be worse as of late. I remember not that long ago that they generally replied to emails and feedbacks quite fast. Nowadays, yeah, I've given on emails with their customer service folks.

And I think that even the Plat Concierge line is now more hit and miss than before....
Want to reach Fairmont quickly? Use Twitter . I've found that they push the hotels to Tweet. I don't know who runs each property's account though.

Fairmont... Reply to e-mails you get from your customers, then play around online.
Old May 21, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
I agree... I've never received a response from FPC when I've sent them emails. Same with hotels.
Old May 21, 2010, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by will5404
I agree... I've never received a response from FPC when I've sent them emails. Same with hotels.
I Never had a problem 4-5 months ago....Emails to FPC, hotels were always answered within a day
Old May 22, 2010, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by ant1029
I Never had a problem 4-5 months ago....Emails to FPC, hotels were always answered within a day
Yes, the good old days
I remember they used to be really super responsive....how they've changed/
Old May 22, 2010, 10:08 am
Suspended

Requests over e-mail is too loosey goosey to me. I'd rather call and get it dealt with.. I find Fairmont to be pretty good at getting back to me via e-mail once I've placed the initial call. Don't be disappointed.. be proactive and place the call.
Old May 22, 2010, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Requests over e-mail is too loosey goosey to me. I'd rather call and get it dealt with.. I find Fairmont to be pretty good at getting back to me via e-mail once I've placed the initial call. Don't be disappointed.. be proactive and place the call.
Why should I have to spend my time chasing after a company to fix a problem on their end? If your going to offer a means of communication it should be functional. At the end of the day its simple...If Fairmont is not going to work for my business...there's plenty of other companies that will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.