PC Plat - early check in/late check out

Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Does this benefit extend to booking under name of PLT spouse who is just FPC member, but room occupied by both PLT and spouse together? How about all other benefits of PLT like welcome amenities etc?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
Does this benefit extend to booking under name of PLT spouse who is just FPC member, but room occupied by both PLT and spouse together? How about all other benefits of PLT like welcome amenities etc?
If the room is booked under her name, youll most likely not get a welcome amenity nor any other Plat benefits. However, if you register yourself as the second guest and tell them you have Plat status, Id assume the hotel would provide benefits like late check-out if possible.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by acysb87
Have requested early check-in for Pacific Rim(noon) .Will report back on my success or lack of success.
Last October at the Pac Rim I had an early ckin of 10am and no problems. Love the Pac Rim and get wait to get back in the fall. They have a nice raw bar in the lobby.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Was at Fairmont San Francisco and got a late check out at 5 pm.
They also gave me a much nicer room with a view, that was probably my Platinum amenity. Overall a very nice stay in this historical hotel.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Kea Lani has been traditionally very good with their late check out policies.. They are making efforts to make the elite members happy which is good to see..
Well YMMV here as we attempted to check-in today at the Kea Lani at 2pm and were told that "guaranteed check-in wasn't until 4pm and that they didn't even have access to the suite yet".

They did indicate they has hospitality rooms available - but "those were all full at the moment".

Bottom line is that it took until 4pm until we could access the room. Not the best start, but the service after that has been wonderful.

More to come...
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:38 pm

Just got back from the Chateau Frontenac. I had requested early check in but nothing was available until after 4 pm, as the hotel was full. Staff gave us a coupon for a free drink or dessert while we were waiting, which was an appreciated gesture. We were able to obtain a 6 pm check out, which worked out well as we had a late flight.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fishferbrains
Well YMMV here as we attempted to check-in today at the Kea Lani at 2pm and were told that "guaranteed check-in wasn't until 4pm and that they didn't even have access to the suite yet".

They did indicate they has hospitality rooms available - but "those were all full at the moment".

Bottom line is that it took until 4pm until we could access the room. Not the best start, but the service after that has been wonderful.

More to come...
Sometimes when the hotel if full at Kea Lani.. it is next near impossible to get any early check in accomodated..

Never had a late checkout denied at the Kea Lani.. makes for nice memories imo more important to get the late checkout..

Originally Posted by znke252
Just got back from the Chateau Frontenac. I had requested early check in but nothing was available until after 4 pm, as the hotel was full. Staff gave us a coupon for a free drink or dessert while we were waiting, which was an appreciated gesture. We were able to obtain a 6 pm check out, which worked out well as we had a late flight.

I'm glad to hear that the hotel tried to make you happy by providing a free drink and dessert..
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

...I'm glad to hear that the hotel tried to make you happy by providing a free drink and dessert..
Yes, it was unexpected but appreciated. Small tokens like this go a long way towards developing customer loyalty, especially to a FPC newbie like myself. Kudos to the Fairmont Staff for their excellent customer service.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stinger
Last October at the Pac Rim I had an early ckin of 10am and no problems. Love the Pac Rim and get wait to get back in the fall. They have a nice raw bar in the lobby.
Had requested a noon check-in and the hotel delivered exactly as promised^
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:53 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Chateau Whistler

Requested a late check out and was offered 4pm.

We left the room at 4:30 and all was well on checkout.
---Side Note---
I do know house keeping generally leaves at 7pm, so unless they don't need the room at all, they would need to clean the room before that time. A typical room takes 15 min to make up, unless it is a vegas party room.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Requested a late check out and was offered 4pm.

We left the room at 4:30 and all was well on checkout.
---Side Note---
I do know house keeping generally leaves at 7pm, so unless they don't need the room at all, they would need to clean the room before that time. A typical room takes 15 min to make up, unless it is a vegas party room.
Depending on the hotel, they should have a skeleton crew after hours doing some work as well..

Generally, I don't have trouble getting a late check-out.. the question is how late.. but by 5 pm we're ready to go for supper, so we pretty much need to be out of the room by then..
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Presidents Club, SPG, Mariott,Continental, Westjet
delay with early check in platinum benefit

Currently staying at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, and have platinum benefits. We booked two rooms through the platinum reservation line, and at time of booking we were given a 10 am check-in time and 6 pm late check out. Arrived around noon; rooms weren't ready. FPC desk offered to hold our luggage until they were ready, so we headed out to Robson for some lunch and shopping. Rooms were ready at 1:45 pm.

FPC desk did give us a discount coupon for hotel dining to make up for the inconvenience (15% off excluding in-room dining) and said that we could use it for the special Nutcracker afternoon tea we had reserved for later in the day. However, staff at the tea refused to apply the 15% dining discount, saying that it couldn't be used in conjunction with the 25% discount we received for booking the tea prior to Nov. 30th (advertised online). So rooms were about 3.5 hours late for us, and sadly we weren't able to apply the discount offered - unless we do more hotel dining, which we haven't planned as we already have breakfast included.

Hopefully the desired late check out will go as planned!
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by annesdaughter
Currently staying at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, and have platinum benefits. We booked two rooms through the platinum reservation line, and at time of booking we were given a 10 am check-in time and 6 pm late check out. Arrived around noon; rooms weren't ready. FPC desk offered to hold our luggage until they were ready, so we headed out to Robson for some lunch and shopping. Rooms were ready at 1:45 pm.

FPC desk did give us a discount coupon for hotel dining to make up for the inconvenience (15% off excluding in-room dining) and said that we could use it for the special Nutcracker afternoon tea we had reserved for later in the day. However, staff at the tea refused to apply the 15% dining discount, saying that it couldn't be used in conjunction with the 25% discount we received for booking the tea prior to Nov. 30th (advertised online). So rooms were about 3.5 hours late for us, and sadly we weren't able to apply the discount offered - unless we do more hotel dining, which we haven't planned as we already have breakfast included.

Sorry to hear about that. In case its comforting. Fairmont regularly screws up my early check-in requests, especially when it would be useful, and Ive rarely received an apology. IME the Plat res. agents also stress the point that its only a request and any request is not confirmed, but rather its up to the individual hotel.

My advice would be to try to have the discount applied at check-out, telling them the restaurant staff were unable to apply the discount. Dont know whether your discount code had any restrictions attached, but definitely worth a short IMO.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Presidents Club, SPG, Mariott,Continental, Westjet
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Sorry to hear about that. In case its comforting. Fairmont regularly screws up my early check-in requests, especially when it would be useful, and Ive rarely received an apology. IME the Plat res. agents also stress the point that its only a request and any request is not confirmed, but rather its up to the individual hotel.

My advice would be to try to have the discount applied at check-out, telling them the restaurant staff were unable to apply the discount. Dont know whether your discount code had any restrictions attached, but definitely worth a short IMO.
Thanks, Jasper 2009. Will definitely see what happens on check out; as you say, it's worth a try.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by annesdaughter

I would speak to a manager at the hotel and explain the situation and see what they can do for you on checkout..

This discount coupon, was it posted to your file electronically?..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.