Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Pittsburgh to open despite hotel boom lull

Old Mar 27, 2010, 6:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_673615.html

Downtown's newest hotel -- the 185-room Fairmont Pittsburgh -- will open for business Monday, while several other area hotel projects have been delayed or abandoned.

The Fairmont, located within the new Three PNC Plaza, will begin accepting at least 60 guests who were registered as of Friday, following opening ceremonies that will include city and county leaders along with representatives of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

A hotel boom -- in which at least 21 projects have been planned or opened in the area since 2004 -- could be stalling after several years of growth. Economic development officials say financing is harder to obtain, with lenders requiring up to 40 percent equity from hotel developers because of tight credit during the recession.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Debuts as the Citys First Luxury Hotel

TORONTO, March 29, 2010 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts today announced the opening of the Fairmont Pittsburgh, the citys first premier luxury hotel. In celebration of its opening, Fairmont Pittsburgh is offering an introductory Its a Date package featuring deluxe accommodation and a $50 food and beverage credit. Available through June 30, 2010, rates for this offer start from $179 USD per night, based on double occupancy.

Featuring 185 guestrooms, 12,000 square feet of event space and a 6,000 square-foot health club, Fairmont Pittsburgh has made its home at Three PNC Plaza, one of the largest mixed-use buildings to be certified by the United States Green Building Council in accordance with its LEED rating system. Later this year, Fairmont Pittsburgh expects to receive LEED certification at a Gold level, which complements the companys industry leading Green Partnership, a program focused on operational sustainability and responsible tourism practices.

Guestrooms and suites are residential in nature with spacious living and work areas, comfortable furniture and color palettes inspired by the citys colorful bridges. Room amenities include LCD HDTVs, iPod docking stations and four-fixture bathrooms. Guests also enjoy spectacular views of the city landscape and rivers courtesy of floor-to-ceiling windows, a first for any hotel in the city.
The hotel offers two dining options, both located within the unique double-height lobby of the hotel. Andys bar, named after two of the citys most famous Andrews - Carnegie and Warhol - and Habitat restaurant, with the first serving up classic cocktails crafted by Fairmonts talented mixologists and the latter featuring local ingredients in globally-inspired cuisine.

Adding to the reinvention of the Pittsburghs popular downtown Market Square District, the hotels design is a melding of art and industry moments, which celebrates the citys artistic and industrial history. Glass and steel elements are used prominently throughout the hotel, along with artwork from local artists displayed throughout the hotel. Guests can also explore artifacts recovered from the site of Three PNC Plaza during the construction phase and learn the storied past of 510 Market Street.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I am long the steel industry and think it is going to see a huge boom. So i guess that's good for Pittsburgh, and in turn, Fairmont.
Old May 28, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
Anyone spent a night at this Fairmont?

I will spend one night in july! I feel like stupid, because I booked an hampton hotel first, and I saw just today was a brand new fairmont in Pittsburgh!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.