Fairmont celebrates the Royal Wedding

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Fairmont celebrates the Royal Wedding

http://www.canoe.ca/Travel/Activitie.../17826556.html

April has been declared "Royal Month" at the Fairmont Empress and the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. With historical ties to the royal family, both hotels have events "fit for a queen" to mark the upcoming royal nuptials of William and Kate.

At the Empress, adults and children can take a Royal Pastry Apprentice course on April 10. Led by the hotel's pastry chef, the 90-minute class is $100 and includes a chef's hat, personalized apron, framed certificate and pastry creations to take home.

A Rise & Shine with the Royals breakfast is planned for the big day (April 29). Guests can wear their pajamas and robes to watch the live broadcast from Britain over breakfast in the Tea Lobby starting at 3 a.m. Cost is $39 per adult, reservations required. Later the same day, a Royal Subjects Picnic & Tea will be held on the front lawn ($20 for tea, scones with cream and jam, mini sandwiches, pastries and a flag to wave). Participants are urged to bring a blanket and wear their most impressive hats.

In addition, Royal Dinners -- based on menus inspired from previous royal visits -- will be served in the Empress Room Harbourside on April 29-30 and May 1 ($150 per person). The elegant meals will be served on the 24K-trimmed Queen's china -- which until now has only been used by Her Majesty. Book early as space is limited (there is only so much Queen's china to go around).

At the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, a Royal Wedding Afternoon Tea will be served twice daily through April ($36 per person, reservations essential). On April 29, afternoon tea service will start at 11 a.m. and be accompanied by replays of the Royal Wedding shown on big screen TVs around the lounge.

Guests named William or Kate will receive 50% off afternoon tea on the big day. All guests will receive a commemorative castle wedding bell. The hotel also has a "Prince and Princess Tea," for younger royal watchers.

For more information, visit www.fairmont.com/empress/
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

I couldn´t care less about the Royal Wedding. I already had to change my travel plans as flights ex-LHR were terribly expensive on that weekend. I guess I´d have to escape to the somewhere like the Easter Islands to avoid this madness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.