Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turndown Service only for FPC Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
Turndown Service only for FPC Platinum?

Hi,

I'm new on this forum and actually I'm a Premier member. During my last stay in Le Montreux Palace, I had everyday the turndown service (I was classic member).

I just looked on fairmont.com now to see if the benefits changed since last time, and I see the Turndown Service is only for Platinum member? It's a new "benefit" I think...

If other Premier or classic member are here, do you continue to have this "benefit" or not?

For the Montreux Palace, I had 2 chocolates and 2 free bottle of water (7$ in minibar) per day.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alelex
Hi,

I'm new on this forum and actually I'm a Premier member. During my last stay in Le Montreux Palace, I had everyday the turndown service (I was classic member).

I just looked on fairmont.com now to see if the benefits changed since last time, and I see the Turndown Service is only for Platinum member? It's a new "benefit" I think...

If other Premier or classic member are here, do you continue to have this "benefit" or not?

For the Montreux Palace, I had 2 chocolates and 2 free bottle of water (7$ in minibar) per day.
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Turndown service has always been a Plat benefit (though it´s hit and miss whether I get it or not), however some hotels offer turndown service to all guests or extend the benefit to Premier members. Often turndown service is also offered for guests staying on the Gold floor or staying in a suite.

Some hotels do a nice job with turndown service, providing a bottle of still water, a few chocolates etc., while others only provide a very basic turndown service without any extras.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
Hi Jasper,

thanks for your reply!

So I think was only because the hotel do a really good job!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:00 pm

Always experienced turndown service at Fairmont Singapore - bottled water with a glass on bedside tables even as regular member.

Fairmont San Francisco didn't provide complimentary bottled water.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Platinum members get enhanced turndown service. I remember that all elite members receive at least the regular turndown. Whether there is a difference between the two varies from hotel to hotel.

Edit: I guess the benefits list only Platinum members get turndown service 2010 to 2011.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Received the proper turndown service even as a Fairmont Dirt member, Pacific Rim (best hotel ever).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.