Balcony at Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver

Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:51 pm
Gaz
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
Balcony at Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver

Hi all. Stayed in this great hotel last year, and swear my room had a decent outdoor balcony with amazing views over the water.

Nothing on the Fairmont site for this hotel mentions balconies, so I'm struggling to work out if every room has a balcony, if there's a specific room type or category I need.

Last time my room just felt like a regular king, it wasn't a crazy suite or anything, but I'd be pretty disappointed if I end up with no balcony this time as I'm bringing the wife with me.

I didn't book the hotel myself btw, so I can't go back and see what type of room was booked for me then.

Any help appreciated
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
To the best of my knowledge only the Poolview rooms and select Signature rooms have a balcony/patio (excl. rooms on the Gold floor and suites).

Among the rooms (excl. suites) that have a view of the waterfront, I'd guess <10% have a patio. Afaik most, but not all, Signature rooms do have a patio/balcony, however they vary in size (some are large enough to accommodate a table + chairs and others are merely large enough for people to stand outside)
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Gaz
Hi all. Stayed in this great hotel last year, and swear my room had a decent outdoor balcony with amazing views over the water.

Nothing on the Fairmont site for this hotel mentions balconies, so I'm struggling to work out if every room has a balcony, if there's a specific room type or category I need.

Last time my room just felt like a regular king, it wasn't a crazy suite or anything, but I'd be pretty disappointed if I end up with no balcony this time as I'm bringing the wife with me.

I didn't book the hotel myself btw, so I can't go back and see what type of room was booked for me then.

Any help appreciated

Great room. They call it a "Juliette balcony" ask for it when you reserve.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Balcony

If balcony/outdoor space is your thing, book any category suite (except this ONE suite -- City Skyline View Suite, which is the only suite that does not have a balcony). For a large wrap around balcony, book the Junior Suite and request the one on the 7th floor (it is that suite below the Villa--Owner's Suite).

Given the minimal rate difference between suites and rooms at this property, I highly recommend paying for a suite and you will have a "patio" sized balcony complete with a table and four chairs!

Last edited by jkc22; Nov 19, 2014 at 12:48 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.