Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I don't understand this part: "total price for this booking has been updated to reflect a 5-night stay as opposed to the price for the original 2-night stay."

You extended your stay with free nights, so the entire price should not have changed. Assuming a nightly rate of $100, your Room Rate Information page would have said:

After adding the free nights, it should look like this:

As Jasper2009 said, it's quite normal when applying a room or suite upgrade certificate for the booking to still display the original room paid, not the upgrade room you will stay in.
Under my "room rate summary", the total rate is $1982.55, which is 5x of $322.05/night rate + taxes --- this is after I've called to apply the aforementioned certs.

I guess I'll give the hotel a call tomorrow.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
If you book through AMEX using FHR, can you apply a Fairmont promo code to the rate? Or can I book directly through Fairmont and get the FHR benefits added on?

ex I'd like to use the BC Residents rate in Vancouver, + get FHR Benefits (free breakfast/$100 dining credit)
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by coleworld
If you book through AMEX using FHR, can you apply a Fairmont promo code to the rate? Or can I book directly through Fairmont and get the FHR benefits added on?

ex I'd like to use the BC Residents rate in Vancouver, + get FHR Benefits (free breakfast/$100 dining credit)
Unfortunately any credit card / consortia amenities (e.g. AMEX FHR, Virtuoso, Travel Leaders Select) are not combinable with other (discounted) rates such as the BC Residents rate, advance purchase rates, AAA/CAA rates etc.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:48 am

I currently have two free night certs but want to stay 3 nights.

I'm thinking about booking two nights via Chase Luxury Hotels & Resorts, and the third on Fairmont's site. Am I able to apply the two free nights toward the nights booked through Chase? And then apply my suite upgrade cert to the whole stay?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmilacek
I currently have two free night certs but want to stay 3 nights.

I'm thinking about booking two nights via Chase Luxury Hotels & Resorts, and the third on Fairmont's site. Am I able to apply the two free nights toward the nights booked through Chase? And then apply my suite upgrade cert to the whole stay?
1. There's been some speculation that Chase hotel bookings are / will be treated as 3rd party bookings, which would prevent you from using an upgrade cert

2. Leaving that aside, it's worth noting that you're technically not entitled to any of the additional benefits (such as breakfast) when applying free night certs, especially when it's not part of a longer stay

3. I would personally book the same rate for all three nights and then apply the free night certs and the suite upgrade cert
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
1. There's been some speculation that Chase hotel bookings are / will be treated as 3rd party bookings, which would prevent you from using an upgrade cert

2. Leaving that aside, it's worth noting that you're technically not entitled to any of the additional benefits (such as breakfast) when applying free night certs, especially when it's not part of a longer stay

3. I would personally book the same rate for all three nights and then apply the free night certs and the suite upgrade cert
Gotcha.

So I take it you don't think booking 1 night through Chase UR, then the next two through Fairmont, then trying to apply 2 free nights to the Fairmont nights and a suite upgrade to the whole stay is a good idea?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmilacek
Gotcha.

So I take it you don't think booking 1 night through Chase UR, then the next two through Fairmont, then trying to apply 2 free nights to the Fairmont nights and a suite upgrade to the whole stay is a good idea?
I'm honestly not 100% sure since there was some talk about Fairmont changing the way it treats Chase bookings.

If it treats them as 3rd party bookings, it won't work.
If it treats them the same as AMEX FHR bookings and other consortia bookings (such as Virtuoso, Travel Leaders Select) it will be no problem.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:51 pm

I'm honestly not 100% sure since there was some talk about Fairmont changing the way it treats Chase bookings.

If it treats them as 3rd party bookings, it won't work.
If it treats them the same as AMEX FHR bookings and other consortia bookings (such as Virtuoso, Travel Leaders Select) it will be no problem.

Hello,

I am new to this and have a question. I have 2 free nights from the signup.
How do I apply this to a paid booking?
thanks
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by VinsTravel
Hello,

I am new to this and have a question. I have 2 free nights from the signup.
How do I apply this to a paid booking?
thanks
You can apply your free night cert to an existing booking.

First, did you book the "Fairmont" room category? You generally can't apply free nights against higher category rooms (unless you also have an upgrade certificate applied).

Second, check the black out dates for the property you booked at.

http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/cardlimitedaccess/

Call Fairmont to say you want to apply your certificate to your existing booking.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
You can apply your free night cert to an existing booking.

First, did you book the "Fairmont" room category? You generally can't apply free nights against higher category rooms (unless you also have an upgrade certificate applied).

Second, check the black out dates for the property you booked at.

http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/cardlimitedaccess/

Call Fairmont to say you want to apply your certificate to your existing booking.

No I have not made any booking yet. what is confusing me is, can I not book straight with the certificates? why should e book and then apply the certs?

thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VinsTravel
No I have not made any booking yet. what is confusing me is, can I not book straight with the certificates? why should e book and then apply the certs?

thanks.
You can do both in one call.

But technically speaking, the agent would first create a paid reservation and then apply your free night certs (and if you fail to have the certs at time of check-in, you'd be charged the rate quoted)
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:04 am

thank you!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:57 am

You can do both in one call.

But technically speaking, the agent would first create a paid reservation and then apply your free night certs (and if you fail to have the certs at time of check-in, you'd be charged the rate quoted)
I used my two free nights in Barbados. They don't give you certificates anymore. Just call and talk to a Fairmont agent and they will book it for you. It says on the website: "Fairmont Hotels & Resorts will no longer be issuing paper certificates. Member certificates will be electronically redeemed upon check-in."

You can log in into your account online and click on certificates. Once it is booked, you will see it there. Also, to use those $25 dining/Willow Stream certificates, you tell the hotel and they should grab them and credit you. At least that is what we did.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by lbotez
You can log in into your account online and click on certificates. Once it is booked, you will see it there. Also, to use those $25 dining/Willow Stream certificates, you tell the hotel and they should grab them and credit you. At least that is what we did.
No, it doesn't work that way. Certificates are not redeemed at the time of booking. The certificate needs to be available in your account at the time of check-in, not booking. The hotel will redeem it upon check-in, or sometimes they do it a bit later. They shouldn't be redeeming anything upon booking.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I pride myself to know everything fairmont but this I don't my wife just crossed threshold for platinum for 2017. Hasn't even shown on her account yet. will she get certificates this year or only next ywar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.