Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by joshc40
Is there any fasttrack deal to Platinum status for US residents? Really wish we weren't effectively blocked from the Am Ex Plat deal for Canadian Platinum Am Ex holders. Thanks
None that I´m aware of. The 5 nights requirement for Canadian AMEX Plat members is ridiculously low, but other fast track promos I´ve seen require 4 stays (vs. 5 stays) for Premier status and 8 stays (vs. 10 stays) for Platinum status.

I´ve listed sme fasttrack options in the master promo thread, the Air Canada fast track offer definitely is still available, not sure about the status of the other promos.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Is there any fasttrack deal to Platinum status for US residents? Really wish we weren't effectively blocked from the Am Ex Plat deal for Canadian Platinum Am Ex holders. Thanks
You might want to confirm with Jarusoba, but he's comped Plat status with Amex Centurion.. so this maybe available for US centurion cardholders IIRC

The upfront and annual fees are pretty hefty.. for a frequent traveller, it may be worth it..
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
Thanks for the info. Also, IIRC, I've seen the "early qualification" benefit discussed with respect to Platinum status, but I don't recall seeing any discussion about this with respecet to qualifying for premier status. Does the early qualification apply to attaining premier status as well? Thanks a lot.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Also, IIRC, I've seen the "early qualification" benefit discussed with respect to Platinum status, but I don't recall seeing any discussion about this with respecet to qualifying for premier status. Does the early qualification apply to attaining premier status as well? Thanks a lot.
There´s no early qualifcation for Premier status through AMEX Platinum. You get Platinum status after completing five nights (not stays!), it really doesn´t get any easier than that (except for Canadian Centurion members who are comped Plat status).
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
There´s no early qualifcation for Premier status through AMEX Platinum. You get Platinum status after completing five nights (not stays!), it really doesn´t get any easier than that (except for Canadian Centurion members who are comped Plat status).
Sorry-that question got wrapped up into the fasttrack to platinum question and maybe I used the wrong term as well. By early qualification I didn't mean a shortened criteria for qualification. I meant do you get the perks and the certificates for 2 years (both the year in which you actually qualify and also the following calender year in which the status is good for)? I saw a recent post where someone who just qualified for plat got a set of certs that had to be used by february 2012 (or something like that) and was also expecting to get a set of certs to be used by feb 2013. Does that happen for premier as well or only for platinum?

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry-that question got wrapped up into the fasttrack to platinum question and maybe I used the wrong term as well. By early qualification I didn't mean a shortened criteria for qualification. I meant do you get the perks and the certificates for 2 years (both the year in which you actually qualify and also the following calender year in which the status is good for)? I saw a recent post where someone who just qualified for plat got a set of certs that had to be used by february 2012 (or something like that) and was also expecting to get a set of certs to be used by feb 2013. Does that happen for premier as well or only for platinum?

Thanks
Sorry, my mistake, you used the correct terms, but for some odd reason I thought you were replying to the posts above.

When early qualification (earn status before Sept. 30 and get status immediately for the rest of the membership year and the following membership year) was listed on the FPC website it was both applicable to members both going from basic to Premier and from Basic/Premier to Platinum.

As the benefit is no longer officially listed, but still seems to exist, I assume the answer is yes.
However, I´m not sure they hand out early qualification this late in the year, the Sept. 30 deadline doesn´t seem to exist anymore based on other FTer´s experience getting the certs in Oct. as well, but this doesn´t mean there´s no deadline at all.
I´d probably just call FPC and ask whether they´d be kind enough to bump you up to Premier.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

Thanks
Not advertised.. but yes, this has been the case this year.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Is there a difference between :
- book online and call the hotel after to apply upgrade certificate
or
- call the hotel and book the room with the upgrade at the same time ?
I was thinking, maybe if you have already book a non-refundable fare, the hotel won't have to negociate anything (ie : just giving a 10$ higher room with a room-upgrade cert or the cheapest suite with a suite-upgrade cert).
Any idea ?

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Is there a difference between :
- book online and call the hotel after to apply upgrade certificate
or
- call the hotel and book the room with the upgrade at the same time ?
I was thinking, maybe if you have already book a non-refundable fare, the hotel won't have to negociate anything (ie : just giving a 10$ higher room with a room-upgrade cert or the cheapest suite with a suite-upgrade cert).
Any idea ?

Thanks
Booking online a non refundable deposit thats precharged to your card, you run the risk not being able to confirm your upgrade.. You book online or third party on a package that is not normally offered through Fairmont, and after the booking you call up Fairmont to apply the upgrades..

Normally with third parties I only book refundable rates, in case something goes wrong..

Fairmont is strict and fair on upgrades.. if its not available or is nights booked is limited access, it will not be applied.. if it is available and qualified, Fairmont will honor and confirm a guaranteed upgrade based on T&Cs..
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
As the benefit is no longer officially listed, but still seems to exist, I assume the answer is yes.
However, I´m not sure they hand out early qualification this late in the year, the Sept. 30 deadline doesn´t seem to exist anymore based on other FTer´s experience getting the certs in Oct. as well, but this doesn´t mean there´s no deadline at all.
I´d probably just call FPC and ask whether they´d be kind enough to bump you up to Premier.
I had previously no status with FPC. I just recently got the Platinum Amex and completed the 5 stays. With only a few days left in the year they have upgraded me and provided the 2011 certs. YMMV. But I'm very happy with the customer service at Fairmont and am seriously reconsidering my loyalty to Hilton. I just wish they had more locations.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Locations have traditionally been sparse compared to other major hotel chains.. but I'm glad to see that more and more hotels are added to Fairmont each year, and seems like quite a few new hotels are under construction and is slated to come online..

imho, one of the great loyalty building tools Fairmont has is the early qualification for its new members.. Fairmont should keep this feature to earn business from new customers.. Mtlfire is a true life example how early recognition is valuable to gaining new members..

Mtlfire.. glad to hear you're taking a liking to FPC, it is a good program..
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:50 pm

HSBC Premier accelerated Premier Level

Just an FYI for US HSBC Premier customers, since US AMEX Plat don't have the accelerated Plat route.

Offer includes: a) complimentary upgrade to next room category, subject to availability at check-in; b) complimentary daily breakfast; c) loyalty component "Get Premier status in 3 stays/6 consecutive nights”
Enrollment
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edcli
Just an FYI for US HSBC Premier customers, since US AMEX Plat don't have the accelerated Plat route.

Offer includes: a) complimentary upgrade to next room category, subject to availability at check-in; b) complimentary daily breakfast; c) loyalty component "Get Premier status in 3 stays/6 consecutive nights”
Enrollment
Interesting. Do you happen to have a link with the exact details so I can add it to the master FAQ?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Enrollment
Im HSBC Premier here in Canada.. hmm.. so its just for US only I guess? Be nice to have that in Canada.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb

Enrollment
This just kills me.
I am AmexPlt in the US and HSBC Premier in Canada. A double loser, that's what I am!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.