Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I have seen a few posts in threads here now where people have used 2 certs to upgrade to a better suite. Do you ask in advance (FPC email or hotel) or do you ask when you check in?
You have to ask in advance in order to reserve your upgraded suite
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I have seen a few posts in threads here now where people have used 2 certs to upgrade to a better suite. Do you ask in advance (FPC email or hotel) or do you ask when you check in?
IME I've made the reservation online and then contacted FPC to utilize the suite upgrade, as usual. The FPC folks are restricted to providing you with what they show as the available suite types to be upgraded to.

From there I have contacted a Manager or VIP Concierge at the property and discussed what I have in mind in terms of the suite I want and whether I could be upgraded to one of those with my suite upgrade. That sometimes works based on availability etc but failing that, I have asked whether I could also provide a room upgrade cert to sweeten the deal and have been successful in that approach. Again, though, you'll need to negotiate this with the property, not the FPC desk.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:53 pm

DP: Booked a room at the Monte Carlo location. Asked to use my suite upgrade by phone and that was accepted for a garden view suite. Contacted the hotel about upgrade options and was told I could use my room upgrade certificate for an upgrade to a Riviera Suite, which I also accepted. Upcoming stay is in 10 days.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:08 pm

can I...

I am going to Hawaii in the fall sometime and want to use as many of my Fairmont certs. as possible. Stayed at Kea Lani before but not the Orchid.

Can I use 2 3rd night certs if I stay 7 nights? And a room or suite upgrade cert? (some posts say you can and some say not if the room is upgraded)
I see that now there are deals on FHR and fairmont with 4th night or 5th nights free... can those be combined with my third night free certs?

Thanks- tried searching the forum but could not find this info
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by westcoastbestcoast
I am going to Hawaii in the fall sometime and want to use as many of my Fairmont certs. as possible. Stayed at Kea Lani before but not the Orchid.

Can I use 2 3rd night certs if I stay 7 nights? And a room or suite upgrade cert? (some posts say you can and some say not if the room is upgraded)
I see that now there are deals on FHR and fairmont with 4th night or 5th nights free... can those be combined with my third night free certs?

Thanks- tried searching the forum but could not find this info
1) You can use two 3rd night free certs on a stay of 6 nights or longer.

2) You can only use a suite upgrade cert at the Fairmont Kea Lani, which gets you a one-category upgrade (not a particularly great deal IMO unless you cert would expire otherwise); keep in mind that an upgrade cert is only valid for a stay of up to five nights.

3) A 3rd night free cert cannot be used to pay for a the 3rd night when booking a four night stay under a 4th night free rate; whether it's possible to use it on a longer stay will depend on the agent, though based on a literal reading of the T&C the answer is probably no.

4) Keep in mind that you're technically not entitled to any benefitson the night you#re using your free night cert, though YMMV.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009

Minor note: Since FPC will likely be eliminated / "integrated into Accor" in 03/2018, the rules surrounding (early) qualification may change. But since nothing has been officially announced yet, I'd definitely give it a shot.
So what's the latest on the FPC loyalty program? Heard anything new?

Just wondering if this all dissolves at the end of February.

Disappointed by the cancelling of the Fairmont Visa card... so wondering if it's worth the effort to get to 10 nights to keep my Premier status.

I belong to Accor's Le Club, but don't remember using any status benefits except free internet. Though I mainly use Accor to stay in the Paris airport overnight (oh, and Ibis a few times). Also belong to Swissotel (mainly for free internet)...

Here's Accor Le Club's levels and status: https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclu...-connect.shtml

If this is what they are going to switch FPC to, then I probably will go back to Hiltons. At least they give you free breakfast and room upgrades.

Not too impressed. After staying 10 nights you get a free welcome drink. Big whoop.

BTW, I got a free welcome drink in Barbados at the Pavilion. Was a big surprise! :-)

Last edited by lbotez; Jul 4, 2017 at 12:11 pm
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lbotez
So what's the latest on the FPC loyalty program? Heard anything new?

Just wondering if this all dissolves at the end of February.
No information/update has been released yet unfortunately.

Originally Posted by lbotez
Not too impressed. After staying 10 nights you get a free welcome drink. Big whoop.
The welcome drink could be a nice benefit, but more often than not it has been mediocre IMO:

Dear Platinum member: In appreciation of your loyalty, please enjoy a free welcome drink.*

*only valid for soft drinks, water or our mediocre house wine; not valid for any other wines by the glass, cocktails or any other drinks

Not sure whether it's about saving a dollar or trying to annoy customers as a matter of principle, but Accor will have to try much harder if they want to earn my loyalty.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:02 pm

The welcome drink could be a nice benefit, but more often than not it has been mediocre IMO:

Dear Platinum member: In appreciation of your loyalty, please enjoy a free welcome drink.*

*only valid for soft drinks, water or our mediocre house wine; not valid for any other wines by the glass, cocktails or any other drinks

Not sure whether it's about saving a dollar or trying to annoy customers as a matter of principle, but Accor will have to try much harder if they want to earn my loyalty.
At least a the Fairmont in Barbados they gave us some really good Rum punches!!!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:41 pm

Is it permissible to book separate rooms (same dates, same name) at a single property and apply President's Club Certificates to each room? (e.g. apply suite upgrade to one room and 3rd night free to another).
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loggers
Is it permissible to book separate rooms (same dates, same name) at a single property and apply President's Club Certificates to each room? (e.g. apply suite upgrade to one room and 3rd night free to another).
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Short answer is "no".

However, certs are transferrable to immediate family if you are a FPC Platinum member, so as long as the 2nd room is occupied by family, you should be fine.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:02 am

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Short answer is "no".

However, certs are transferrable to immediate family if you are a FPC Platinum member, so as long as the 2nd room is occupied by family, you should be fine.
Thanks, Jasper2009! Alas, I am a lowly Premiere member. The 2nd room will indeed be occupied by family, but it seems the Platinum benefit won't apply. I plan to book the rooms on separate reservations, though, so fingers crossed it may slip through. Any hope?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loggers
Thanks, Jasper2009! Alas, I am a lowly Premiere member. The 2nd room will indeed be occupied by family, but it seems the Platinum benefit won't apply. I plan to book the rooms on separate reservations, though, so fingers crossed it may slip through. Any hope?
There's always a chance the hotel will be ok with it, but you should be prepared that the hotel won't accept your free night cert for the other room (which isn't a huge deal I guess, unlike using an upgrade cert where the hotel could theoretically make you pay the daily rate for the upgraded room/suite category which could be rather pricey)
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:46 pm

Hi,

can we use the 3rd night free certificate along with the free night certificate for the same reservation?

thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

can we use the 3rd night free certificate along with the free night certificate for the same reservation?

thanks!
Yes, but only on a 4-night stay, so you'd be paying for 2, getting 2 free.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Yes, but only on a 4-night stay, so you'd be paying for 2, getting 2 free.
Hi, I have two free nights from Chase. So I need to book 4 nights stay in order to use the 2 free nights certificate plus the 3rd free night certificate? and paying one night? I cannot just book 3 nights using 2 free nights certificate plus the 3rd free nights?

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.