Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:41 pm

I have no idea if I should be trying for Platinum again this year (for next year). I'm assuming that FPC Platinum won't exist next year, so already decided to not stay at a Fairmont this week. I wish I knew more. I can make use of my certs once I qualify for another hotel's plan.

Also not sure what to do with my Visa points (around 200,000). I've been sort of waiting until I need to stay at the Plaza or Savoy. I definitely want to get more than .01 per point. But I feel like I need to figure out what to do with them soon...
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by aviators99
I have no idea if I should be trying for Platinum again this year (for next year). I'm assuming that FPC Platinum won't exist next year, so already decided to not stay at a Fairmont this week. I wish I knew more. I can make use of my certs once I qualify for another hotel's plan.

Also not sure what to do with my Visa points (around 200,000). I've been sort of waiting until I need to stay at the Plaza or Savoy. I definitely want to get more than .01 per point. But I feel like I need to figure out what to do with them soon...
As much as I hope FPC will continue to exist, you're right that there's a good chance FPC won't exist next year. You'd still get the benefits for this year and potentially Accor Plat status for next year.

FWIW, I don't think redeeming your points for ovations certs valid at the Savoy or Plaza is such a great deal unless you're aiming for a junior suite or suite.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd try sending an e-mail to the hotel directly mentioning the res# for the room only and ask them to upgrade you to a suite using a suite upgrade cert (which you expect to post soon).
Thanks for this suggestion. It is done according to the hotel. So now I don't have to do anything other than make sure the suite cert is available at the time of stay, correct?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italdesign
Thanks for this suggestion. It is done according to the hotel. So now I don't have to do anything other than make sure the suite cert is available at the time of stay, correct?
Correct.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Do you guys know when the status qualification notices and certificates for 2017 are going to be sent to FPC members ?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Do you guys know when the status qualification notices and certificates for 2017 are going to be sent to FPC members ?
Probably sometime during the next two weeks.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
My girlfriend would stay at a Fairmont to attend a convention and the stay will be paid by her employer.

I will probably tag along and stay with her. Can the stay be credited to my FPC account ?

In other words: can the folio/bill show her name but the stay be credited to my FPC account ?

thanks
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
My girlfriend would stay at a Fairmont to attend a convention and the stay will be paid by her employer.

I will probably tag along and stay with her. Can the stay be credited to my FPC account ?

In other words: can the folio/bill show her name but the stay be credited to my FPC account ?

thanks
Not sure there's an official answer, but I'd just have trhe front desk add your name to the res as a 3nd guest and provide your FPC#.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Feb 16, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Question

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
How does early qualification work?

If you qualify for Premier / Platinum status before September 15, you will be awarded status instantly (it can take a few days for your statu to be updated after your qualifying stay posts).. Status will be valid for the remainder of the membership year and the following membership year.

For instance, if you have 5 qualifying stays between January 1, 2016 and September 15, 2016, you will have Premier status until February 28, 2018. You will receive one set of certificates after qualifying early (certificates will be valid until February 28, 2017) and another set of certificates the following year (certificates valid from March 1, 2017 until February 28, 2018)
Clarification, please, Jasper.

I had no personal Fairmont stays in 2016 but have done five nights between Jan 1 and today utilizing several of my Plat certs that are due to expire at the end of this month. I hold the Amex Plat card with the applicable promo code on my account. Do I need to contact FPC to make them aware of my 'early' qualification for Plat or is this something that they'll automatically pick up? The FAQ above uses the term "instantly" which suggests the latter but you know what happens when you assume things.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Clarification, please, Jasper.

I had no personal Fairmont stays in 2016 but have done five nights between Jan 1 and today utilizing several of my Plat certs that are due to expire at the end of this month. I hold the Amex Plat card with the applicable promo code on my account. Do I need to contact FPC to make them aware of my 'early' qualification for Plat or is this something that they'll automatically pick up? The FAQ above uses the term "instantly" which suggests the latter but you know what happens when you assume things.
Sorry for the confusion. By instantly I meant "don't have to wait until the following year", there may still be a few weeks' delay in your status being upgraded. It's also not always automatic, so calling FPC may be a good idea.

Minor note: Since FPC will likely be eliminated / "integrated into Accor" in 03/2018, the rules surrounding (early) qualification may change. But since nothing has been officially announced yet, I'd definitely give it a shot.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Can I hold a room for the free night with a credit card booking and swap out the reservation for free night certs? And can I do the same with holding a suite booking with a credit card and swapping the reservation for suite upgrade certs?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hiima
Can I hold a room for the free night with a credit card booking and swap out the reservation for free night certs?
Yes, free night certs can be applied towards a regular booking.

Originally Posted by hiima
And can I do the same with holding a suite booking with a credit card and swapping the reservation for suite upgrade certs?
No. Occasionally agents recommend booking both a Fairmont room and the suite to ensure the suite is still available when you get the certs; but differet agents have different opinions on that approach (with hotel hotel chains, that would be a major no-go)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Anyone hear anything yet regarding any changes to the Presidents Club program? By the end of next month I should have enough stays for 2018 premier, but who knows whether that qualification will remain? I still have one upgrade certificate left that expires in a week! Hopefully the new ones post soon!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
I see new certs in my account with the correct expiry of Feb 28, 2018...
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by xray
I see new certs in my account with the correct expiry of Feb 28, 2018...
Must be doing it in waves. Neither my account nor my wife's account is showing the new Platinum certs yet...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.