Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by acysb87
These are the same 4 certs used for the various uses?
Platinum and Passion Certs..

I used a number of suite upgrades, 8 $25 dining certs, 2 mani/pedi, and local food experience at El Puerto for a lobster tail..
Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Platinum and Passion Certs..

I used a number of suite upgrades, 8 $25 dining certs, 2 mani/pedi, and local food experience at El Puerto for a lobster tail..
A tale of many certs
Old Sep 5, 2011, 2:20 pm

I emailed '[email protected]' regarding my status at Fairmont about a week ago. No response until now. What's the usual turn around time for them to respond to emails?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by acysb87
A tale of many certs

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
I emailed '[email protected]' regarding my status at Fairmont about a week ago. No response until now. What's the usual turn around time for them to respond to emails?
Hit and miss to whether they'll respond or not..

I would call FPC loyalty and get it handled straight away..
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:20 pm

Hit and miss to whether they'll respond or not..

I would call FPC loyalty and get it handled straight away..
I called the FPC number, but they said they had to forward my request to someone. I then sent them an email to follow up on the request. It's been a week now. Very disappointed at how unresponsive they are.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:59 am
Suspended

I called the FPC number, but they said they had to forward my request to someone. I then sent them an email to follow up on the request. It's been a week now. Very disappointed at how unresponsive they are.
Just got a request answered by email today (Labour Day) that was sent three weeks ago..

Over the years, I call during business hours and talk to FPC loyalty desk.. If you speak to someone there, they can handle the situation immediately for you.. and they are good at getting back to you.. I usually have them give me a call on my cell when they get an answer for me..
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:33 pm

Just got a request answered by email today (Labour Day) that was sent three weeks ago..

Over the years, I call during business hours and talk to FPC loyalty desk.. If you speak to someone there, they can handle the situation immediately for you.. and they are good at getting back to you.. I usually have them give me a call on my cell when they get an answer for me..
I called the FPC desk regarding the 5 nights -> Platinum status. She said they would need to forward the request to the marketing department for further research. I asked what research they will need. She told me it was to make sure all 5 nights I paid with the Amex Plat. I asked if she can do it immediately, I wouldn't mind holding. After a moment of hesitation, she finally did it. So now, I can see my new Platinum status and all of my certificates showed up online. Looks like early qualification is still alive.
How long does it take for them to send these certificates out to you after they showed up online? Do they normally send them out the same day you qualify? I didn't want to push the girl too much.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:33 pm
Suspended

I called the FPC desk regarding the 5 nights -> Platinum status. She said they would need to forward the request to the marketing department for further research. I asked what research they will need. She told me it was to make sure all 5 nights I paid with the Amex Plat. I asked if she can do it immediately, I wouldn't mind holding. After a moment of hesitation, she finally did it. So now, I can see my new Platinum status and all of my certificates showed up online. Looks like early qualification is still alive.
How long does it take for them to send these certificates out to you after they showed up online? Do they normally send them out the same day you qualify? I didn't want to push the girl too much.
You can use the electronic certs immediately..

I don't bother with the paper certs anymore, I just ask the hotel to redeem the certs online.. that way I can keep track of the inventory of certs..

Congrats on early qualification.. Earn em and burn em..
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Does the platinum benefit of late checkout apply to any rate and even awards? Or are there any restrictions that would prevent it?

I bought one of the Fairmont San Francisco Living Social offers early in the year and they are saying late checkout is not offered with the stay. Even when it is really a stay as I'm paying the ~$250 in taxes for the suite.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Does the platinum benefit of late checkout apply to any rate and even awards? Or are there any restrictions that would prevent it?

I bought one of the Fairmont San Francisco Living Social offers early in the year and they are saying late checkout is not offered with the stay. Even when it is really a stay as I'm paying the ~$250 in taxes for the suite.
Congratulations on your purchase..

This is the first that I've heard that Fairmont has refused late checkout, even prior to arrival..

The rules clearly state that Platinum is entitled to early check-in and late check out, no questions asked..

In reality, whenever I arrive at the hotel, even if I request late check out, the hotel asks for me to work with them, in case its a busy night, and they are expecting an arrival for the room.. So I get a nice room, with the expectation that I leave the room, for the next guest and forgo the late check out.. which is a fair trade..

I always double check the day of my departure, and over the past 6 years, I've never been refused late check out, having double checked on the departure day..

I think 7 or 8 years ago, it happened a couple of times, the hotel requested I leave with a earlier than requested late checkout, because another party was checking into the room.. no problem there, I left as requested..
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965

FPC Platinum benefits should apply to all qualifying rates, i.e. pretty much any rate except travel industry / airline crew rates etc.

The way your request was handled doesn´t seem too impressive, but there´s probably not much you can do as the hotel (not FPC) determines what "late check-out" is. So if regular check-out time is 12p.m., they could theoretically argue 12.30p.m. is a late check-out. (mind you, most hotels will offer a 12p.m. early check-in and 4p.m. late check-out as a minimum, but the benefit is not defined anywhere)
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to try to negotiate down to a lower category suite, ask for them to cover taxes, and see if that will work.

I certainly don't really need a suite of this size. My kids are getting a distorted view of life

But one thing I learned on FT over the years. You see something good, just do it - don't wait, don't take a breath, just do it if there is any refundability available at all. When I saw the deal both my wife and I went in.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
>>>>>>>>>My kids are getting a distorted view of life

I know what you mean. My son will not consider anything else other than a BMW bike now
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gpapadop
>>>>>>>>>My kids are getting a distorted view of life

I know what you mean. My son will not consider anything else other than a BMW bike now
Will have to try one then.. how much one of those at the Fairmont go for retail? A good bike was $2,000, but I think they've come down in price..
Old Oct 12, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
No idea how much they are, he is not getting one

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.