Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I would be completely shocked if they did not comp you the 11th night in a suite. That is a nice stay for them.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
While not specifically at the Royal York, on many occasions I've had 9 or 10 night stays at a Fairmont, and never had them decline to let me apply 2 suite upgrade certs against the single stay. I've never tried it for 11 nights.
That is very encouraging to hear! Do you think it might be a good idea to email them in advance and ask whether they will accept 2 upgrade certificates?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
That is very encouraging to hear! Do you think it might be a good idea to email them in advance and ask whether they will accept 2 upgrade certificates?
Using two upgrade certs for a 10 night stay is absolutely no problem.

I'd probably recommend making a booking for 10 nights and 1 night, have your reservations linked, apply your upgrade cert towards the ten nights and hope that you don't have to change rooms for the one night.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
Quick questions....

I'm looking to book a quick getaway at the Fairmont Whistler in March. I qualified as premier last year based on 12 nights in March and April, 2016. My certificates list as all expiring on 2/28/17, with exception of one 3rd night free that expires in 2018 (holiday gift cert).

Few things- first, will I be premier in 2017? If so, will I be issued new certificates? Can I book a stay in March with certs that expire on 2/28? Do they have to be used or applied prior to expiration? Can I book a suite upgrade AND a free 3rd night together?

thx
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gold23
Quick questions....

I'm looking to book a quick getaway at the Fairmont Whistler in March. I qualified as premier last year based on 12 nights in March and April, 2016. My certificates list as all expiring on 2/28/17, with exception of one 3rd night free that expires in 2018 (holiday gift cert).

Few things- first, will I be premier in 2017? If so, will I be issued new certificates? Can I book a stay in March with certs that expire on 2/28? Do they have to be used or applied prior to expiration? Can I book a suite upgrade AND a free 3rd night together?

thx
If you had twelve nights last year, you qualified early, therefore you'll get a new set of cert on March 1, 2017 valid until Feb. 28, 2018 (so yes, you'll have Premier status until Feb. 28, 2018).

No, you cannot use your current certs for your March stay. The certs applied need to be valid during the stay. You *may* however be able to apply one of your new upgrade certs now even though they haven't posted yet to your account.

And yes, you can combine a suite upgrade cert and a 3rd night free cert.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:56 pm

Forgive me if I am asking a question already covered but I wanted to insure that I understand this correctly. If I have two free nights from the Fairmont card and book two paid nights I can then use the third night free cert to get 5 nights for the price of two. Is that correct? Would I be able to use the suite upgrade cert for all 5 nights? Thank you..
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Forgive me if I am asking a question already covered but I wanted to insure that I understand this correctly. If I have two free nights from the Fairmont card and book two paid nights I can then use the third night free cert to get 5 nights for the price of two. Is that correct? Would I be able to use the suite upgrade cert for all 5 nights? Thank you..
Yes and yes.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes and yes.
Thanks for the confirmation. What are my chances of getting 2 adults and 3 kids (16, 14, 13) in one suite?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Thanks for the confirmation. What are my chances of getting 2 adults and 3 kids (16, 14, 13) in one suite?
This is highly variable, in my experience, depending on the specific hotel. For example, at the Royal York or in Chicago on the Gold Floor definitely possible. At the Empress in Victoria, definitely not in the suites I saw.

You would need to cite where you are planning to stay for better advice.

You also should plan on ordering a rollaway or two in advance.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Using $50 dining/spa credit received this month

Searched "mail" in this thread and couldn't find an answer:

Just got these since getting my Fairmont Visa card:

$25 USD Dining/Willow Stream Certificate, issued 1/20/17, expires 2/28/17

I thought I need to present a physical cert. Will I get one in the mail, and if not, is there any way I can use this benefit?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eethan
Searched "mail" in this thread and couldn't find an answer:

Just got these since getting my Fairmont Visa card:

$25 USD Dining/Willow Stream Certificate, issued 1/20/17, expires 2/28/17

I thought I need to present a physical cert. Will I get one in the mail, and if not, is there any way I can use this benefit?
All certs have been electronic only for a few years now; you'll receive no physical certs.

All you need to do is inform the front desk (or the server) that you want to redeem your certs.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:29 am

I'm curious if anyone has had 3rd night free or free nights count as qualifying recently? I'm debating making a reservation on my wife's account since she has a credit card promo that will upgrade her after 5 nights. I am already platinum, so I can transfer my free night to her account.

Also, if we do stay under her name, can I still use my dining credits during the stay or would I have to transfer those to her as well? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by tylerc
I'm curious if anyone has had 3rd night free or free nights count as qualifying recently? I'm debating making a reservation on my wife's account since she has a credit card promo that will upgrade her after 5 nights. I am already platinum, so I can transfer my free night to her account.
Not recently. I used 2 FPC Free Night certs in late summer, and neither counted in my profile. Same thing last year. The last time I had a free night count, was in 2015. YMMV.

Originally Posted by tylerc
Also, if we do stay under her name, can I still use my dining credits during the stay or would I have to transfer those to her as well? Thanks in advance!
You can still redeem the dining certs from your account even if the current stay is not under your account. You don't even need to be staying at the hotel at all in order to use a dining cert. However, you will probably find it easier to transfer your certs over to your wife, charge all your meals to the room account, and them redeem everything from the one account upon checkout. Because my wife and I are both platinum, it's never been a problem to transfer them back again as needed. In your case, if your wife doesn't make platinum, once you transfer them, they will stay there. Be sure that won't be a problem for future usage if you don't end up redeeming all of them.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Couldn't find answer in a quick search. What's the SOP for applying a suite upgrade cert before Feb 28, for a stay after Feb 28? I've done this a few times in the past and it was always taken care of on the first call (i.e. never had to call back). But this time agent did something different - booked the standard room + the junior suite separately, and told me to call back on Mar 1 to convert the jr suite into suite upgrade.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italdesign
Couldn't find answer in a quick search. What's the SOP for applying a suite upgrade cert before Feb 28, for a stay after Feb 28? I've done this a few times in the past and it was always taken care of on the first call (i.e. never had to call back). But this time agent did something different - booked the standard room + the junior suite separately, and told me to call back on Mar 1 to convert the jr suite into suite upgrade.
Interesting. Officially, you're not entitled to apply a suite upgrade cert unless you have a cert in your account that would be valid during your stay.

However, as you state, FPC has frequently allowed this *if* you have (re-)qualified for status. Usually the agent would just upgrade the room to a suite under the condition that you have to pay rack rate for the suite if you don't have a valid suite upgrade cert at time of check-in.

What the agent suggested would work too, but seems unneccessarily complicated.

I'd try sending an e-mail to the hotel directly mentioning the res# for the room only and ask them to upgrade you to a suite using a suite upgrade cert (which you expect to post soon).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.