Go Back   > >

Old Sep 12, 17, 7:07 am   #31
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Didn't know that did you?
I don't use AW, but I'm not at all surprised. If you click through from my site to Hilton I take a cut, too. Don't you??
sbm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 17, 7:09 am   #32
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I went and search the web site and found it under my profile. BUT, you have to be an AW Plus member, of which I no longer am, to stop them from putting cookies on your computer during auto login.
Mary2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 17, 7:10 am   #33
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
Zero. I also don't do blogs.

Many of them simply lift information that's been posted on FT. I agree they have killed the miles/points game.
The miles/points game has been more seriously compromised/injured/killed off by government allowances for customer-unfriendly mergers/acquisitions/acts by the companies owning/operating loyalty program than by the bloggers playing the miles/points game.
GUWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 17, 10:31 am   #34
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
I don't use AW, but I'm not at all surprised. If you click through from my site to Hilton I take a cut, too. Don't you??
I do. I was just making the point that claiming you never fund a blogger is a trickier claim to make than you might think!

(By the way, my original comment was not aimed at you even though it was under yours. It was aimed at the person above who mentioned AW.)
Raffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 9:13 am   #35
Original Poster

Good thing I don't use AW. I tried it once. I don't trust a single source to have all my account info, just like I never use those cloud password or browser schemes. Keepass is good for me.

Will be more diligent about cleaning the browser cookies before applying for anything. Though I have used social media cookie blocker...not sure if that has helped block certain cookies. Probably not.
EqualOpp is online now   Reply With Quote