Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Is there a list of Non Boarding Area Bloggers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

Someone mentioned to me that Boarding Area takes 50% off the top when I sign up for a new card using a bloggers link. I can't believe I didn't know this.

So rather than go direct to the bank, I want to support the little guy/gal.

Are there any bloggers not associated with BA. I know there are lots of them, but most of the bloggers I know are associated with BA, except TravelBloggerBuzz.

Let's use this thread to make a list of travel bloggers that aren't BA.

dh
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:10 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Someone mentioned to me that Boarding Area takes 50% off the top when I sign up for a new card using a bloggers link. I can't believe I didn't know this.
Where did you hear that? AFAIK BArea only keeps a part of the ad revenue to run the show. So far they have stayed out of the bank CC links that is between the blogger and the banks or their intermediaries like cc.com.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I found one the other day called The Points Guy. He seems to have a lot of good credit card advice.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
The only non BA blogs I read is mine, TPG and MMS. FTG too

A few days ago I posted another aggregator site. There are always pointsbuzz and milesfeed.

There are MANY non BA blogs out there but not a site that shows them all as far as I know. I have MANY in my Feedly!

The ads in BA you see on the top and right hand side run by BA are the ones that split 50 50 with the blogger. Each BA blog can then do its own arrangements with credit card providers and keep all that revenue.

To me, helping the big sites by clicking on them only encourages what you have been getting lately, endless credit card pumps and ridiculous Kardashian like click bait crap so I applaud your motivation. Sadly, not many are educated enough AND willing to take action to help small bloggers to keep going and this is why the big blogs are only getting bigger and the little guys...give up.

Now excuse me while I go back to read another doozie MMS Friday interview how yet another blogger started blogging to help family and friends travel for free :-)
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is a thread koko started about blogs of mention: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...hlight=mention
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't believe that is accurate. So there's that issue to contend with.

Also, most smaller blogs don't have CC links so there's not much you can do on that front to help them out.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I can't believe I forgot Dans Deals.

dh
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:11 am

Just apply directly thought the banks - the less they pay out to affiliates the lower acquisition costs they have and the larger sign up bonuses become.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gpapadop
The only non BA blogs I read is mine, TPG and MMS. FTG too
What? You don't read my blog? See if this travel ninja gets you into the SPG lounge again at FinCon. Wink
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I can understand why his first name is a difficult one for you to remember, Flatlands...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM

dh
That's because of the mass confusion over how many Dans are running the place.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:43 pm
Suspended

So rather than go direct to the bank, I want to support the little guy/gal.

dh

Not sure who I detest more the banks or the greedy bloggers. The bloggers, cant remember the last time I used anyones link for a CC nor for family and friends I get cards for. Thats saving the greedy banks some $1000s the way we go thru CCs.

those little guys arent so little with the way they rack in the ca$h on referrals.BA is getting ridiculous with how everyone simply posts the samething and DD is the bottom of the barrel although some of his analysis is darn good, his attitude stinks and he still wants everyone to think he comes up on his own with everything he posts when he steals it off FT or BA(I say steal since most isnt credited to the source he read it on or got an email from).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by craz
Not sure who I detest more the banks or the greedy bloggers. The bloggers, cant remember the last time I used anyones link for a CC nor for family and friends I get cards for. Thats saving the greedy banks some $1000s the way we go thru CCs.

those little guys arent so little with the way they rack in the ca$h on referrals.BA is getting ridiculous with how everyone simply posts the samething and DD is the bottom of the barrel although some of his analysis is darn good, his attitude stinks and he still wants everyone to think he comes up on his own with everything he posts when he steals it off FT or BA(I say steal since most isnt credited to the source he read it on or got an email from).
Attached Images  
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am so angry you won't believe the shocking things I will do to my amenity kit in my next flight! WITH video!

Getting back on thread topic, here is a list of some blogs, most are dead:

http://travelbloggerbuzz.com/a-deep-...ts-blog-space/
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:36 pm
Suspended

@ctownflyer

Im not staying angry! Im staying Smart!!! for I know 1000% the true score and all about greedy site owners who tried to put other sites similiar to theirs out of biz, yet they watch that site to see what to post on their own site. Posting time stamps tells all, who posted 1st

Fake sites will stay around since so much of the public will believe anything and everything they are told.

But its no different then the movie The Wizard of Oz, when toto pulls open the curtain and reveals a man at the controls pretending to be the mighty Oz, revealing the wizard is a fake

So as long as a person can gain by following a blogger people will do so and bow down to them, and continue to drink all the kool aid the blogger tells them to since its good for them, when in fact its really good for his/her own pocket and they dont care 2 bits about John Q Public, if they can help them its a side affect the main thrust is to fill their pockets with ca$h. Not my way of doing business

I hide behind no curtain and dont pretend to be whom Im not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.