Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live and Lets Fly [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cruisr
Obviously Hyatt was paying something ...
I strongly doubt this.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by cruisr
Obviously Hyatt was paying something as there is a plethora of "WOW...10% back in Hyatt Point redemptions".
Same thing Daily Getaways pays, nothing. But it's good content for a post.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
I strongly doubt this.
Thanks for the clarification. BTW, your blog on BA is one of the bright lights. Always enjoy the content.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:20 pm

Apparently Ethiopian gave in after the fact.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Apparently Ethiopian gave in after the fact.
shame on Ethiopian.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Same thing Daily Getaways pays, nothing. But it's good content for a post.
Not necessarily good content, good content to use to masquerade an advertisement for the Hyatt credit card
Old May 23, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Not necessarily good content, good content to use to masquerade an advertisement for the Hyatt credit card
It's a value add post. That makes it a better reason to shill a Hyatt card than "Top 10 cards to get for Memorial Day" or the like which add no useful information whatsoever.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I don't get why Randy Peterson doesn't get involved.
Perhaps you are not aware Boarding Area is simply a blog hosting platform where each author has 100% editorial control over everything on the blog. Randy Peterson has zero input or control over what is published. The only exception is where work is posted as original when it is not and the few blogs that have done this over the years are no longer hosted on Boarding Area.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Perhaps you are not aware Boarding Area is simply a blog hosting platform where each author has 100% editorial control over everything on the blog. Randy Peterson has zero input or control over what is published. The only exception is where work is posted as original when it is not and the few blogs that have done this over the years are no longer hosted on Boarding Area.
No, Rene. We are aware that Boarding Area disclaims any responsibility for the quality of the content of the blogs it publishes; we simply don't accept the argument. A blogging platform is squarespace or WordPress. Boarding Area is a commercial venture that is selective as to its content and profits off of that content. While Boarding Area and Randy have no ethical or journalistic standards, that is by choice.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Editorial control isn't necessary to decide whether to start hosting or continue hosting a given blog. If it were me, and I cared about having a good long-term reputation and brand image for my business, I sure wouldn't continue to host many of the bloggers who jump the shark like this or have other undesirable practices. OTOH, if I only cared about short-term revenue and more clicks, I guess I'd just continue to pile on more and more poor quality drivel to my hosting platform.

Unfortunately not all copyright violators are removed from BA. PM&M for one is still around despite being a repeat offender as documented in the copycat thread on here. There are probably others.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Editorial control isn't necessary to decide whether to start hosting or continue hosting a given blog. If it were me, and I cared about having a good long-term reputation and brand image for my business, I sure wouldn't continue to host many of the bloggers who jump the shark like this or have other undesirable practices. OTOH, if I only cared about short-term revenue and more clicks, I guess I'd just continue to pile on more and more poor quality drivel to my hosting platform.

Unfortunately not all copyright violators are removed from BA. PM&M for one is still around despite being a repeat offender as documented in the copycat thread on here. There are probably others.
If you have solid real proof of any BA blog doing this and forward these facts to Randy I assure you the action will be swift.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:24 am

If you have solid real proof of any BA blog doing this and forward these facts to Randy I assure you the action will be swift.
So Randy exercises no control over content, except when he does? And it's wrong for us to hold someone who has made their living off of the frequent flyer community accountable for the drivel posted?
Old May 24, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Read about it all for yourself in the thread I mentioned.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I did. It wasn't.

The interpretation of "fair use" Boarding Area applies is excessively lenient IMO and would not stand up to a true legal challenge. I was also promised written documentation of that policy more than a year ago and it was never delivered.

That said, in most of the cases where I've shared obvious plagiarism it was handled quickly and appropriately. But not always.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
That was the most spelling and grammatical error free post from the Renes ever.... Polar opposite of the past. Either they have been taking English lessons or... It's an imposter!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.