Reload this Page >

MegaDo 8: Back to Europe with *A and Hyatt focus

Old May 10, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU

MegaDo returns to Europe! Star Alliance MegaDo 8 will take us through Vienna, Brussels, and Palma de Mallorca on a private Brussels Airlines A320 charter flight.

Highlights will include:

A day with Austrian Airlines in Vienna. Meet the brand, the people, operations and their suppliers.
THE Star Alliance celebration: Celebrate 20 years with Star Alliance at the VIP party at the Park Hyatt Vienna. It's the event you don't want to miss.
Rene Magritte: The prettiest A320 around will be our charter.
A day with Brussels Airlines. Meet the brand, the people, operations and their suppliers.
Watch the sunset and party at the brand spanking new Park Hyatt Mallorca.
Spend a day with Hyatt and the new World of Hyatt loyalty program. Hang with the bosses and have an amazing day in beautiful Mallorca.
Visit megado.com for more details. Registration opens on Thursday, May 11th.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Twitter tweets that their server crashed (again?) during initial sale.

136 seats sold with plenty more left...
Old May 11, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I'm in (although I don't need to buy a long-haul positioning flight of course).

I did genuinely enjoy SMD6.

And The Points Guy is coming too :-)
Old May 11, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
I'm in (although I don't need to buy a long-haul positioning flight of course).

I did genuinely enjoy SMD6.

And The Points Guy is coming too :-)
Did u buy economy, economy with empty middle, or economy with empty middle exit row?

The price points were odd to me.
Old May 12, 2017, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Did u buy economy, economy with empty middle, or economy with empty middle exit row?

The price points were odd to me.
Economy.

For SMD6 I bought an exit row seat but I think the premium was only $300 which, given my height, was worth it. I wasn't prepared to pay $700 for two hours of extra legroom though .....

I agree the price points were odd. I am price insensitive, in general, but at the same time I don't hand over $700 unnecessarily. Brian is even taller than me (we've met) so he probably stumped up $1,999 - I doubt Tommy comped him!
Old May 12, 2017, 3:25 am

Economy.

For SMD6 I bought an exit row seat but I think the premium was only $300 which, given my height, was worth it. I wasn't prepared to pay $700 for two hours of extra legroom though .....

I agree the price points were odd. I am price insensitive, in general, but at the same time I don't hand over $700 unnecessarily. Brian is even taller than me (we've met) so he probably stumped up $1,999 - I doubt Tommy comped him!
How do you know Brian is coming? I saw on Twitter that they said they are sending "someone" from the company but not that it was him.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by runfit
How do you know Brian is coming? I saw on Twitter that they said they are sending "someone" from the company but not that it was him.
Perhaps it's not Brian. The tweet I saw said TPG was coming, I assumed it was Brian but perhaps not.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Economy.

Yeah, I was doing that mental math and it didn't add up.

Based on the MP master thread, it seems as though someone other than Tommy is running it this year. Or maybe someone else is just the mouthpiece?

In any case, it looks like one of the more attractive MDs in terms of stopping points. And no luggage factory tours!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.