8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2017.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is in post # 2 (Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate). Host hotel is SOLD OUT.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7

The Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn (+1-847-437-6010) shuttle normally leaves the hotel on the hour and the airport on the half hour. Domestic arrivals pick up at Door 2, international arrivals at Door 5E.
Print Wikipost

8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by NoHomeJustRoam
I stayed at the Sheraton Elk Grove last year and it was a decent option. If you have the SPG Biz card, you'll have access to the Club Lounge (i.e. free breakfast).

It's less than 10 minutes away and costs under $8 for an Uber. The Sheraton's also category 2, so only costs you 3k Starpoints per night.
It is an exceptional value. The property did go through a decent refresh in the past few years as well.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:32 am

Hotel booking

I just registered for the seminar. It's my first travel seminar and I'm super excited! It looks like all of the rooms are booked. Are there any rooms left?

Originally Posted by thehowieee
Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village

Please complete your registration from a desktop/laptop. Mobile booking doesn't work properly with the link.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
For those looking for hotel rooms, our website YourRoomKey.com has Westin, Hyatt, Courtyard and other Holiday Inn options for less than $100 within 20 min of the Chicago Seminars. All offer elite night credit and point accrual. We're a members only website but if you send an email to [email protected] and reply to the membership application which will be sent back to you indicating you are attending Chicago Seminars 2017 you'll receive a complimentary membership.

See you in October.

YRKInsider aka Chris
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Howie.

Would be pleased to help lead the United breakout session. With 25 years at United including a dozen years in Revenue Management followed by enough BIS miles to become a 1K Million Miler, I believe I could offer a unique perspective (both positive and negative) to the past, current and future state of United.

Chris
Old May 22, 2017, 7:57 pm

Thoughts on Marriott Suites O'Hare vs. La Quinta Elk Grove for Chicago Seminars? The Marriott is $13/night more, but looks much nicer and I'll probably get a better breakfast with Gold status. On the flipside, the La Quinta is much closer to the event hotel in Elk Grove.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevenmirabito
Thoughts on Marriott Suites O'Hare vs. La Quinta Elk Grove for Chicago Seminars? The Marriott is $13/night more, but looks much nicer and I'll probably get a better breakfast with Gold status. On the flipside, the La Quinta is much closer to the event hotel in Elk Grove.
I'd probably pick the Marriott because, like you, breakfast + perks. That said, as long as you can get to/from the Holiday Inn with ease it is no big deal if it is a few minutes further away.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:11 am

I just booked the Hyatt Place Itasca witch looks very close to the Holiday Inn.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:29 pm

Discounted Rates for Nearby Hotels

If you need a room for the Chicago Seminars 2017 PM me your email address (or email me directly - [email protected]) and I'll send you a list of discounted rates for rooms within 20 minutes of the event.

Rates are refundable and earn loyalty stay, nights and/or points.

YRKInsider
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:37 am
Original Poster

FYI -

Just added this to the agenda:

SUNDAY: 5pm - 7pm - Departures Happy Hour 5-7 pm hosted by Stefan / Rapid Travel Chai (not included in event ticket - pay for what you consume)

Thank you, Stefan, for being awesome!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:38 am

I got a room at Holiday Inn Express NW Arlington Heights. It's under 4 miles away and includes breakfast. Just like the Elk Groove location it includes a free shuttle within 5 miles. I verified online I could use it to go between the 2 hotels. Shuttle runs 7am -1030pm.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:02 am

YRK Rate = $89 per Night

YourRoomKey.com offers rate @ $89/nt for this property and also the adjacent Holiday Inn. Comp membership to YourRoomKey.com for those attending Chicago Seminars 2017. Simply email [email protected] and then complete the membership information request you'll immediately be sent.

Originally Posted by pollyprissypants
I got a room at Holiday Inn Express NW Arlington Heights. It's under 4 miles away and includes breakfast. Just like the Elk Groove location it includes a free shuttle within 5 miles. I verified online I could use it to go between the 2 hotels. Shuttle runs 7am -1030pm.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I'll be organizing the unofficial Saturday evening dinner again. We'll depart after the Saturday evening reception and will be dining at nearby Jimmy's Char House. They've done a great job hosting us the last two years.

If interested in joining, feel free to sign-up here: Chicago Seminars Dinner - Saturday, October 21, 2017

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Just cancelled a king bed at the Holiday Inn Elk Grove for 10/20-22. Go snag it if you still need a room!

Had some friends that changed their minds about coming. Their loss, your gain!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
Bloggers pretty quiet on the upcoming Chicago Seminars with it being only 60-ish days out. And I see there are 248 tickets still available on Eventbrite link. Can anyone share how many tickets have been sold?

Hoping to read some blogger articles in the near future pumping up the event so that there's just as big a crowd as previous years again!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by dmat
Bloggers pretty quiet on the upcoming Chicago Seminars with it being only 60-ish days out. And I see there are 248 tickets still available on Eventbrite link. Can anyone share how many tickets have been sold?

Hoping to read some blogger articles in the near future pumping up the event so that there's just as big a crowd as previous years again!
Thanks and DONE! Will encourage the rest of the crew to get some posts going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.