Go Back   > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 27, 17, 2:58 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: 8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: thehowieee
Wiki Link
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2017.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is in post # 2 (Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate). Host hotel is SOLD OUT.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 6, 17, 6:39 am   #61
Company Representative: AwardWallet
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SAV
Programs: DL PM, SPG PLT
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
My points were valid and not inappropriate but will fall on deaf ears - Maybe if I ran a blog, etc they would be at least listened to but I don't and I will leave it as that. As for flyertalk supporting the TOS.. hahahahahahah yea Right. I decided I won't attend Chicago and gave my ticket to someone else and a few other people I know did the same. I hope the event is a great success and raises alot of money for it's causes.
Thanks for the positive hopes -- I'd suggest you scrap the defeatist attitude if you actually care and want something improved.

I guess we come from two different schools of thought. Mine has been if you genuinely want to change something, get involved. If you don't get involved, you don't care enough to make a difference.

I wish you'd change your mind and put some effort forward, like many of the volunteers we have at the event, but that is your decision to (not) make.
thehowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 17, 11:23 am   #62
  
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowieee View Post
Thanks for the positive hopes -- I'd suggest you scrap the defeatist attitude if you actually care and want something improved.

I guess we come from two different schools of thought. Mine has been if you genuinely want to change something, get involved. If you don't get involved, you don't care enough to make a difference.

I wish you'd change your mind and put some effort forward, like many of the volunteers we have at the event, but that is your decision to (not) make.
If you look I have asked - Last month and no response. Mar 3, 17, 11:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Would love to volunteer or speak..
I don't consider myself a defeatist, but rather spend my energy on things that can be changed, things for this year seem to be set and I don't know the majority of people speaking to offer topics, I just brought up some of the questions I hear from everyday hobbyist people and especially things I hear from people during breaks at FTU and at CS.
kingrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 17, 10:51 am   #63
  
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowieee View Post
Update:

Registration will open Friday, March 31, 2017 @ 12pm Eastern. Sorry, life got in the way and have to get a bunch still done
How do I change some of the sessions I signed up for? I went to Seattle FTU and realized I signed up for dup topics. Email through eventbrite?
nglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 17, 10:58 am   #64
Company Representative: AwardWallet
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SAV
Programs: DL PM, SPG PLT
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by nglasgow View Post
How do I change some of the sessions I signed up for? I went to Seattle FTU and realized I signed up for dup topics. Email through eventbrite?
go back to your registration or email chicagoseminars2017@gmail.com and I'll change it if possible.
thehowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 17, 10:59 am   #65
Company Representative: AwardWallet
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SAV
Programs: DL PM, SPG PLT
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
If you look I have asked - Last month and no response. Mar 3, 17, 11:27 am



I don't consider myself a defeatist, but rather spend my energy on things that can be changed, things for this year seem to be set and I don't know the majority of people speaking to offer topics, I just brought up some of the questions I hear from everyday hobbyist people and especially things I hear from people during breaks at FTU and at CS.
You most certainly did and I most certainly didn't see it. That said, I did ask for volunteers to email. Regardless, you offered and were ignored and I apologize for that.

Ah well, sorry you won't make it and I hope for many left turns when you board your flights.
thehowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 17, 6:04 pm   #66
  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: EWR :rolleyes:
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Copa Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,470
Just registered for my first seminar.

I would be interested in leading the American break out session. I am not sure exactly what it entails, but if I do fly American quite a bit have been EXP for a few years and have redeemed a lot of their miles.

Have been saying I would like to check this out since 2014 so glad to make it happen this year.
Long Train Runnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 17, 7:23 pm   #67
Company Representative: AwardWallet
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SAV
Programs: DL PM, SPG PLT
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin View Post
Just registered for my first seminar.

I would be interested in leading the American break out session. I am not sure exactly what it entails, but if I do fly American quite a bit have been EXP for a few years and have redeemed a lot of their miles.

Have been saying I would like to check this out since 2014 so glad to make it happen this year.
Glad you'll make it! We've got a leader for the AA session, I just haven't updated the post yet, sorry about that.
thehowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 17, 6:13 am   #68
  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: EWR :rolleyes:
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Copa Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowieee View Post
Glad you'll make it! We've got a leader for the AA session, I just haven't updated the post yet, sorry about that.
No worries. Looking forward to finally making it.
Long Train Runnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 5:05 pm   #69
  
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MLI
Programs: AA, Delta,SW, UA
Posts: 3
Is there a group code for the hotel?
tiarraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 17, 5:50 am   #70
formerly known as Delta Points
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiarraq View Post
Is there a group code for the hotel?
It is embedded into the link in post #2 . See 8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017
Renes Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 17, 6:30 am   #71
  
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MLI
Programs: AA, Delta,SW, UA
Posts: 3
Thanks. Newbie here
tiarraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 17, 9:44 am   #72
formerly known as Delta Points
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiarraq View Post
Thanks. Newbie here
No problem. Chicago is focused on those new to the game. You will have a blast!
Renes Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 17, 9:32 am   #73
  
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: WAS
Programs: AA EXP (2MM), DL PM, UA GLD, SPG PLT, IHG SPIRE AMB, HH DIA, OTHERS
Posts: 3,629
Just received the event email 30 minutes ago. Is the hotel already sold out? I'm showing no availability when using the above link from a desktop/laptop.

-FlyerBeek
FlyerBeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 17, 9:51 am   #74
  
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio (CLE or CAK)
Programs: United platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
Posts: 58
Gotta get those bloggers to talk about Chicago Seminars. Stefan K of Rapid Travel Chai is the only one I've seen mention it so far.

Also, can you let us know what charity (ies) you'll be supporting this year?
dmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 17, 9:54 am   #75
Company Representative: AwardWallet
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SAV
Programs: DL PM, SPG PLT
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmat View Post
Gotta get those bloggers to talk about Chicago Seminars. Stefan K of Rapid Travel Chai is the only one I've seen mention it so far.

Also, can you let us know what charity (ies) you'll be supporting this year?
Got any worthy suggestions? We haven't decided yet.
thehowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top