Go Back   > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 27, 17, 2:58 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: 8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: thehowieee
Wiki Link
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2017.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is in post # 2 (Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate). Host hotel is SOLD OUT.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:53 pm   #46
formerly known as Delta Points
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 3,756
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by balian1131 View Post
Rene: Introduction to Manufactured Spending
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowieee View Post
For example, Manufactured Spend strategies are constantly evolving. I'm confident Rene won't be talking about how awesome bluebird and vanilla reload are for bulking up on spend.
A few bits since I was called out ;-)

Keep in mind the part is INTRO not ADVANCED MS. While I am doing about 5k/day that will not be the focus of this part.

The CS are normally upward of 50% new folks who have never been to one of these. Some may never ever have playing with MS ever. Much of what needs to be covered is the basics. Sure I will touch on some of the current "best" choices but much is the risk/reward/types and goals. Much of this is basic and does not change that much.

Now if you want some advanced ideas, just by coming, you can feel free to buy me a beer at the bar and we can chat all you want and share ideas. Really that is half the fun THIS event as we are around all day long to chat with outside the sessions.
Renes Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 17, 4:46 pm   #47
  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
A few bits since I was called out ;-)

Keep in mind the part is INTRO not ADVANCED MS. While I am doing about 5k/day that will not be the focus of this part.

The CS are normally upward of 50% new folks who have never been to one of these. Some may never ever have playing with MS ever. Much of what needs to be covered is the basics. Sure I will touch on some of the current "best" choices but much is the risk/reward/types and goals. Much of this is basic and does not change that much.

Now if you want some advanced ideas, just by coming, you can feel free to buy me a beer at the bar and we can chat all you want and share ideas. Really that is half the fun THIS event as we are around all day long to chat with outside the sessions.
Will see you there Renes !! Cheers
dsp236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 5:06 am   #48
  
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowieee View Post
just tried to send you a PM reply, but FT says "kingrat has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
I adjusted my settings

Last edited by kingrat; Apr 5, 17 at 8:20 am
kingrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 5:26 am   #49
  
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Valley of the Sun
Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, IHG AMB PLT,
Posts: 9,236
hopefully I can make it this year.
FlightNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 5:52 am   #50
  
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 640
Comments Deleted

Last edited by kingrat; Apr 5, 17 at 8:18 am Reason: Didn't want anyone to have hurt feelings
kingrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 6:10 am   #51
  
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: WAS
Programs: All of Them
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post

Topics I would like to see - How to travel the world when you have a full-time job and kids, etc and shouldn't be from someone that travels the world for work or doesn't have a job.
I hope you'll come to my seminar. Full time job, 2 kids, we travel all the time.
Richklhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 7:08 am   #52
  
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richklhs View Post
I hope you'll come to my seminar. Full time job, 2 kids, we travel all the time.

Last edited by kingrat; Apr 5, 17 at 8:06 am Reason: Dont want anyone's feeling hurt
kingrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 7:30 am   #53
  
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BOS, PVD
Programs: AA, AS, WN CP, UA, 2V, SPG Gold, IHG, MR, TYP
Posts: 556
Just sent an email - sign me up for the Saturday morning 8AM-9:45AM volunteer slot!
financialhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 7:37 am   #54
Company Representative: AwardWallet
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SAV
Programs: DL PM, SPG PLT
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by financialhippie View Post
Just sent an email - sign me up for the Saturday morning 8AM-9:45AM volunteer slot!
thank you
thehowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 8:19 am   #55
  
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 640
Thanks Howie - I deleted all my previous comments and will keep them to myself in the future. See you in Chicago
kingrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 8:32 am   #56
Company Representative: AwardWallet
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SAV
Programs: DL PM, SPG PLT
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Thanks Howie - I deleted all my previous comments and will keep them to myself in the future. See you in Chicago
I hope you don't keep them to yourself. Please encourage anyone with comments that have them to reach out to me directly as well.

Feedback is needed, and while suggestions may not be implemented, it is appreciated to receive them because it means someone cares. Attendees and volunteers make this event successful, and I want to ensure it continues to be just that.
thehowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 12:29 pm   #57
  
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 640
We have a great deal of thin skin people and I don't want to upset anyone and after a few negative personal messages I received I don't I won't say anything else. It also reminds me why I don't use flyertalk.
kingrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 12:36 pm   #58
  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Just off the Main Line
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Kimpton IC
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
We have a great deal of thin skin people and I don't want to upset anyone and after a few negative personal messages I received I don't I won't say anything else. It also reminds me why I don't use flyertalk.
IMHO the comments from kingrat were not inappropriate for public posting. We are attending a paid event, not just a community get together, so I think certain expectations are in order. If comments and feedback help improve the content, more power to them.
Governator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 5:00 pm   #59
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
  
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinum
Posts: 60,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Governator View Post
IMHO the comments from kingrat were not inappropriate for public posting. We are attending a paid event, not just a community get together, so I think certain expectations are in order. If comments and feedback help improve the content, more power to them.
Which actually is what I think howie was saying. He welcomes input. I didn't actually see the input kingrat provided, as he deleted everything before I logged on.

Maybe it was appropriate; maybe it wasn't. I think deleting anything on FT because worrying about hurting someone's feelings is a bit silly (but that's just me).

If a public post or a private PM violates TOS, then the mods should be notified. If it doesn't violate TOS & is just snarky, then eh, deal w/ it. Whether it's the kumbaya or the everything sucks category, both go w/ the territory. Shrug.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 17, 5:38 am   #60
  
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Which actually is what I think howie was saying. He welcomes input. I didn't actually see the input kingrat provided, as he deleted everything before I logged on.

Maybe it was appropriate; maybe it wasn't. I think deleting anything on FT because worrying about hurting someone's feelings is a bit silly (but that's just me).

If a public post or a private PM violates TOS, then the mods should be notified. If it doesn't violate TOS & is just snarky, then eh, deal w/ it. Whether it's the kumbaya or the everything sucks category, both go w/ the territory. Shrug.

Cheers.
My points were valid and not inappropriate but will fall on deaf ears - Maybe if I ran a blog, etc they would be at least listened to but I don't and I will leave it as that. As for flyertalk supporting the TOS.. hahahahahahah yea Right. I decided I won't attend Chicago and gave my ticket to someone else and a few other people I know did the same. I hope the event is a great success and raises alot of money for it's causes.
kingrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top