Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1825965-8th-annual-chicago-seminars-october-20-22-2017-a-2.html

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2016.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is live in post # 2. Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate if booked using seminar code.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Attending.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by thehowieee
min age for?
18. That said if you have a legal guardian (and proof of that guardianship) with you that'll agree to the terms of the event on your behalf, you can attend with them.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:47 pm

Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
Thanks!
^^^
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:05 pm

Hey thehowiee, any ideas of which card to put the registration on? There's the Citi Prestige.. Or the Delta Platinum AMEX.. Gotta get that Medallion status
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
Hey thehowiee, any ideas of which card to put the registration on? There's the Citi Prestige.. Or the Delta Platinum AMEX.. Gotta get that Medallion status
I don't know if Eventbrite codes as anything special -- so I'd use whatever earns you the most at whatever your base earning is. If you need to hit a spend threshold on the DL Amex Plat, that'd be the way to go.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:10 am

On my way back!

I will be there. I attended last year for the first time and gained so much from it. I wish I was staying on site but I guess I was just a little slow to jump on the registration. I will be staying at the overflow at the La Quinta down the road.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by 50th
I will be there. I attended last year for the first time and gained so much from it. I wish I was staying on site but I guess I was just a little slow to jump on the registration. I will be staying at the overflow at the La Quinta down the road.
Every year rooms open up the week of or days before. Keep checking back with hotel direct at that time.@:-)
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I'll be organizing the Saturday evening dinner again this year. Same nearby venue as last year. Please checkout the thread on the Community Buzz forum if you're interested in attending:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...15-2016-a.html

We're currently limited to 30 seats, so please RSVP early if you're interested in attending the dinner.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:47 pm

only 1 day

it looks like i'll only be able to attend Friday evening, as I am booked up with family commitments on Saturday. is there any discount available in this situation?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:31 am

Shuttle

Originally Posted by thehowieee
Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village

Group Code is CHI

Overflow hotel is La Quinta Inn ORD - http://www.laquintachicagoohareairport.com/

Overflow hotel has been a bit of a challenge this year. While transportation will be provided between the properties, we're having a challenge getting online booking properly setup. Updates as they come.
I hope I read this correctly, but the overflow at LaQuinta will have a shuttle running between there and the Holiday Inn? Also, on the Sunday, will the Holiday Inn be able to hold our bags? Meaning those of us who aren't staying at Holiday Inn and need to catch a flight in the afternoon.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 50th
I hope I read this correctly, but the overflow at LaQuinta will have a shuttle running between there and the Holiday Inn? Also, on the Sunday, will the Holiday Inn be able to hold our bags? Meaning those of us who aren't staying at Holiday Inn and need to catch a flight in the afternoon.
Yes and Yes
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smathew4
it looks like i'll only be able to attend Friday evening, as I am booked up with family commitments on Saturday. is there any discount available in this situation?
I'm sorry, there is not. You could attend on Sunday as well, but there is no discount for partial attendance.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:43 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Every year rooms open up the week of or days before. Keep checking back with hotel direct at that time.@:-)
Thanks for the advice! I have been checking the past few days and will be keeping my fingers crossed for something

http://www.lasvegashawaii.net
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:39 pm

For anyone who has been before, do most people stay through Sunday? We are driving up from Indy and thought about leaving Saturday after the last seminar.

My friend and I are both pretty good at applying for credit cards, but I am hoping to learn how to actually redeem the points wisely for travel--most of the time I end up paying for tickets out of pocket even though I have 250K miles since the flights are cheap on Delta but the points redemption is high.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.