One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Toe-dally.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Trolling for a free flight from BA?

Now BA has experienced DYKWIA! Perhaps he's hoping that someone from BA will offer him a free CW flight so he will be assured a better experience to blog about. There are a hell of a lot worse things that can happen in CW, I am sure, then not having your G & T mixed. Personally, besides BA always losing my checked bag I have had good experiences in both CW and F. I do miss the caviar they use to serve in F. And, I would rather mix my own G & T as I know just how to mix it. "Like" I don't care if they mix my drink.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:09 pm

Looks like he has taken notice of the criticism:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...Mile+at+a+Time

Last edited by Astrophsx; Nov 27, 2015 at 3:14 pm
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Looks like he has taken notice of the criticism:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...Mile+at+a+Time
That's a self serving post meant to get the fan boys riled up with their pitchforks ready to stab any negative comments. He should have included the entire comments as they made very good points about the sexist/ageist tone of his original post about the flight. Note to airlines: beware if you see Lucky is going on your flight. Ban all older (have no clue what his definition of old is) female FAs. Remember its all about Tug and Krug.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
That's a self serving post meant to get the fan boys riled up with their pitchforks ready to stab any negative comments. He should have included the entire comments as they made very good points about the sexist/ageist tone of his original post about the flight. Note to airlines: beware if you see Lucky is going on your flight. Ban all older (have no clue what his definition of old is) female FAs. Remember its all about Tug and Krug.
There is a reason he doesn't reply on Flyertalk.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
There is a reason he doesn't reply on Flyertalk.
What I don't understand is why any self-respecting flyertalker visits these blogger websites at all.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:44 pm

His fans do seem to have a mob mentality and their response to any criticism is "Haters gonna hate." Unfortunately, any disagreement today seems to be flagged as "hate." He should probably stay away from BA for awhile as i'm sure the BA crews have his number.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

presumably he was primarily/most active in UA/LH and Trip Reports on FT? and SPG/IC?

presumably one of things he ran into on flight was british sense of humor?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 27, 2015 at 9:00 pm
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Blogger takes exception to CW seat and service

I fly CW primarily to/from PHL with generally good crews and have never had issues in all classes including F. Often CW has all male FA crew who definitely keep the wine flowing
My worst experience was out of JFK traveling CW with my 11yo niece. We were ignored, given male toiletry kits (she should have received a child's bag) and skipped our preordered breakfast. I had to go get it for my niece and was told "she better eat fast as we land soon!" I was so angry by the treatment of a child. Thankfully on the return the PHL crew doted on her and gave her kids activity bag.
The aisle seats are never private, the windows are best.
It seems that Ben may have had my FA from JFK crew. he needs to fly from Philly next time!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
presumably he was primarily/most active in UA/LH and Trip Reports on FT? and SPG/IC?

presumably one of things he ran into on flight was british sense of humor?
That's my take too.
From reading his blog he seems focused only on the mechanics of travel (flights, hotels) and the service he receives. What the reader doesn't read about is whether he takes a moment to leave luxury hotels and experiences the culture, language, and "vibe" of the locations he visits.
So the lack of cultural perspective mixed with a "what can you do for me?" attitude in a seemingly shallow, humorless, and remarkably fragile individual does not make for a very fulfilling read. I sometimes visit his blog for ideas on how to maximize points but generally avoid everything else.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Quite frankly any mug can compile a trip report about premium air travel and luxury hotel stays. It's easy, just add some pictures and it's bound to be popular.
Trouble is, reports like that have become so thick on the ground these days you now have to throw in a bit of controversy or fly in a private jet to attract peoples attention.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
ROTFL
Love this reply as he couldn't be less transparent about how he funds it all.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Tiffany is the only one besides the prime author worth reading. The addition of Ford as an author is some weirdly transparent way to pump up his social media account (see: the constant references to Ford's instagram); also, Ford's writing couldn't be more vapid, in my opinion.

Last edited by iadisgreat; Nov 28, 2015 at 10:08 am
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Tiffany is the only one besides the prime author worth reading. The addition of Ford as an author is some weirdly transparent way to pump up his social media account (see: the constant references to Ford's instagram); also, Ford's writing couldn't be more vapid, in my opinion.
I wonder if bringing Ford onboard as an author is an effort to make his travel with Ben a business expense?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Quite frankly any mug can compile a trip report about premium air travel and luxury hotel stays. It's easy, just add some pictures and it's bound to be popular.
Trouble is, reports like that have become so thick on the ground these days you now have to throw in a bit of controversy or fly in a private jet to attract peoples attention.
Neat, HIDDY ... I guess that's why you never write TRs, to retain your integrity

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.