Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Now that I stopped following all bloggers...

Now that I stopped following all bloggers...

Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Note that the front page of BArea is reserved for the top dogs and some who happened to be picked to be headliner for a limited promotional period.
Not quite. Unless you're only counting the top 4 "slots" on the page. But the front page has ~20 story slots and all but 4 will see stories from everyone. The top 4 only see stories from "Featured Bloggers" on the site.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:54 pm

Have you tried the Milefeeds app?

Originally Posted by Philatravelgirl
Twitter - follow accounts (blogger, industry, etc) and organize in lists - easy to scan and read what you want
I use the Milefeeds app for a quick scan of the headlines. Saves a lot of time!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:21 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Google Now (for those who have an Android) now gives me titles on articles from BA or OMaaT... very annoying. I keep swiping them away but they keep coming back. How can I disable certain news sites/types/sources completely?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Google Now (for those who have an Android) now gives me titles on articles from BA or OMaaT... very annoying. I keep swiping them away but they keep coming back. How can I disable certain news sites/types/sources completely?
https://support.google.com/news/answer/1005661?hl=en
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:07 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
That I can only use to specify the frequency I see all travel-related stories in general, but not specific websites, right? And also does that reflect on my phone's Google Now?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:55 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
I use feedly; I especially like that it keeps things organised on multiple devices.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.