Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kokonutz
How's the event going?
Severe weather kept some away but overall it ran quite smoothly yesterday IMO. Nice to see lots of new faces in the crowd, along with a number of regulars.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
FTU advanced DC (August) and Dallas (September) are on sale now

The last ones sold out within an hour or two:

http://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-a...c-august-2015/

http://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-a...eptember-2015/
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:33 am

Event ran pretty well, far better than DC last December. Learned some lessons there that assisted greatly in better managing the crowds.

Still had FTU attendees trying to sneak into Advanced, but all FTUA attendees had a bright blue wrist band, so it was easy to find the smugglers.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Gold,Hilton Gold, Southwest Companion Pass
FTU Advanced Dallas

I'm in! Who else will be in Dallas?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Small world

So I'm at the dermatologist having more skin cancer surgery. I was here right before my trip to Japan but had to come back to get more surgery. The MD asks me how Japan was and asks me about my trip next week to AMS.

She asks if I use points to travel, I say yes and she says she that she was just at her first miles and points conference. She was at FTU. So now I am going to be her mentor as she is new to the hobby. Apparently there was a medical conference at the same hotel and she found out about FTU. Luckily she was able to buy a tkt from someone that had an extra.

Defiantly a small world.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
So I'm at the dermatologist having more skin cancer surgery. I was here right before my trip to Japan but had to come back to get more surgery. The MD asks me how Japan was and asks me about my trip next week to AMS.

She asks if I use points to travel, I say yes and she says she that she was just at her first miles and points conference. She was at FTU. So now I am going to be her mentor as she is new to the hobby. Apparently there was a medical conference at the same hotel and she found out about FTU. Luckily she was able to buy a tkt from someone that had an extra.

Defiantly a small world.
LOL. Yes, there was a dermatology conference right beside us in DFW.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:03 pm

FTU DC room rate BRG

for those attending FTU DC, you can current BRG Hyatt daily rate against priceline's rate of $89 to get the rate down to about $71 per night at the HR Crystal City instead of the pre-negotiated rate of $99 per night
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, B6 Mosaic, VX Silver
I'm signed up for Dallas, but may not be able to attend, so if anyone wants to buy my ticket, let me know. Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
I'm signed up for DC but cannot attend. If anyone wants to buy my ticket, I will pay the $25 transfer fee.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Jeremyh11
I'm signed up for DC but cannot attend. If anyone wants to buy my ticket, I will pay the $25 transfer fee.
Sold
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
I need a ticket for DC. Anybody selling? PM me. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:33 am

Selling at ticket to FTU DC. Will pay transfer fee. PM me!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL, MR, SPG, UR, HH, UA, LUV
I also cannot attend the August DC FTU Advanced. PM me if you would like to buy my ticket. I will pay the transfer fee.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by babypuwet
for those attending FTU DC, you can current BRG Hyatt daily rate against priceline's rate of $89 to get the rate down to about $71 per night at the HR Crystal City instead of the pre-negotiated rate of $99 per night
FTU rate is with breakfast

Last edited by ashishsg; Aug 21, 2015 at 4:21 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: ??????????
I have a ticket for FTU Dallas - Friday Sept 25th through Sunday Sept 27th (http://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-a...eptember-2015/) and am looking to transfer to someone else.

List price on the ticket is $249 -- Selling for $200 and I'll also pay the $25 transfer fee. PM if interested.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.