Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:20 am

I also cannot go this year - got laid off this week! :-( - so would really like to transfer my ticket to someone.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:30 pm

ticket and host hotel room available

I cannot attend this years seminar, I have attended the last three, however this year I can't go, I have a ticket available for purchase and can transfer my hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn Host Hotel to you, please reply to Mike at [email protected]. thanks
ticket and hotel are gone, thanks, wish i was going

Last edited by fahlmama; Sep 13, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:59 pm

Need Hotel Room Reservation at Elk Grove Holiday Inn

If anyone is interested in transferring their hotel reservation please PM me. I would be most appreciative as I already have a ticket.

Thanks,
Kiya
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:27 am

Some events Grey or N/A?

Hello all!

This is my first time attending a Flyertalk Seminar! I just went to register and I noticed I have to pre-pick my sessions? Does this lock me into them? Other conferences I've been to are kind-of free floating where you could move freely between them.

Also, some are grey and have "N/A" at the end. Does that mean they're already full?

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by avfreedman
Hello all!

This is my first time attending a Flyertalk Seminar! I just went to register and I noticed I have to pre-pick my sessions? Does this lock me into them? Other conferences I've been to are kind-of free floating where you could move freely between them.

Also, some are grey and have "N/A" at the end. Does that mean they're already full?

Thanks!
Welcome. Indeed you have to pre-pick your sessions and it does lock you in to them. You can always go back later and see if space opens up (not likely but possible), however due to space constraints we can only fit so many people in a given room.

While other conferences do allow you to go from one room to another we simply don't have the space to allow that to happen.

If something is grey and has an N/A it means it is full.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by thehowieee
Welcome. Indeed you have to pre-pick your sessions and it does lock you in to them. You can always go back later and see if space opens up (not likely but possible), however due to space constraints we can only fit so many people in a given room.

While other conferences do allow you to go from one room to another we simply don't have the space to allow that to happen.

If something is grey and has an N/A it means it is full.
Ahh! That makes sense! Thank you for the quick reply and looking forward to the seminar
Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:33 am
Suspended

Anybody looking to transfer a ticket and/or hotel shoot me a PM.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Looking for some fellow Hyatt Passporters (I just made that up) to split transportation costs. Right now I've got the HP Schaumburg for Friday and the HR Schaumburg for Saturday, but can probably switch around. I may not get to ORD until 8pm, so I may just meet you at Holiday Inn Elk Grove and catch a ride to hotel at the end of the night.

I'm really cheap, so I'd even consider splitting on the hotel room (I need the nights credits, though). I will use a suite upgrade for my HR stay.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Delta, HH, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Can't wait to be there!

Last edited by happymondays; Sep 16, 2015 at 7:38 pm Reason: Ipad glitch!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:51 am

Ticket and room available

Hey there,

I have a ticket and hotel room booked, but a last minute travel opportunity to Ireland just came up so I can't use them. I'm not sure how to do a transfer, but I assume it's easy enough to figure out. Hotel is the Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove.

Anyone interested should shoot me a PM.

Thx!

Last edited by feckman; Sep 19, 2015 at 8:54 am Reason: Updated hotel info.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Chicago Seminar vs FTU Oslo

Sorry to bring up a "competing" group, but I was coincidentally flying in from Oslo for a work trip, but I just found out there is an FTU in Oslo the same weekend as Chicago seminars. Anybody have an opinion on whether I should just stay in Oslo for the weekend or stick with my plan for Chicago?

Notes:
- I need 4 more nights to qualify for Hyatt Diamond; No Hyatt in Oslo
- Work pays for flight home to Ohio, so no cost difference
- I don't use non-US airlines very often
- I've never been to Oslo, so it would give me the chance to sightsee.

The convenience and experience of staying in Oslo are definite plusses, but I'm guessing a European-based conference won't give me much help, plus Chicago seminars give me a lot of insight on MS in the US. What do you guys think?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Sorry to bring up a "competing" group, but I was coincidentally flying in from Oslo for a work trip, but I just found out there is an FTU in Oslo the same weekend as Chicago seminars. Anybody have an opinion on whether I should just stay in Oslo for the weekend or stick with my plan for Chicago?

Notes:
- I need 4 more nights to qualify for Hyatt Diamond; No Hyatt in Oslo
- Work pays for flight home to Ohio, so no cost difference
- I don't use non-US airlines very often
- I've never been to Oslo, so it would give me the chance to sightsee.

The convenience and experience of staying in Oslo are definite plusses, but I'm guessing a European-based conference won't give me much help, plus Chicago seminars give me a lot of insight on MS in the US. What do you guys think?
Personally, look at the topics being covered and decide what makes more sense for you. The Chicago event will be larger, so you'll have more of an opportunity for hallway conversations, but in the end if you're deciding on the two conferences focus on what you're looking to get out of them and then pick the one that makes the most sense.

That said, I would say there is some significant value in staying in Oslo, especially if you've never been before.

If I were given the choice I'd probably stay in Oslo, but not for the purpose of attending the event, but rather to explore the city.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt
Hi. I registered back in April, and I'm looking forward to being a first-time attendee next month. WHERE or how can I check which sessions I registered for back in April? How can I change them, if desired? Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjmpdx
Hi. I registered back in April, and I'm looking forward to being a first-time attendee next month. WHERE or how can I check which sessions I registered for back in April? How can I change them, if desired? Thanks.
check your email confirmation from eventbrite - it is all in there.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Kimpton Inner Circle
Ticket available

I have a ticket available for transfer.
[email protected]

I will certainly miss it as I have attended for several years and enjoy the social and educational aspects! Howieee does a stellar job!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.