Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
One Ticket Available

I no longer am available to go

I have one ticket and a reservation at the HI

I did not see anything in the thread or the wiki on how to transfer

I'm asking actual cost + you pay transfer fee

I am working on the road which means limited times to access internet and sometimes without internet access. I will get back to you, it just may be a delay. First come first served.

If interested, PM me.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:57 pm

Please add me, I am interested
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: United, Spirit, Marriott
Hi everyone,

I'm new to FT and very excited to attend. Look forward to meeting people and making friends!

Anyone coming from Milwaukee? PM me!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: EY Gold, AB Gold, AZ Gold, TK Gold, Hilton Dia, SPG Plat
The IHG Point Breaks for fall 2015 are public and there are two houses in Chicago: The Candlewood Suites Aurora-Naperville and the Holiday Inn Express Crestwood. You can book both for 5.000 points a night and if you know the trick, than every night costs about 35$ which is a very good bargain! But both hotels are a few miles away, so you need a car.

I stay in the HIX Crestwood, so maybe see some people for the included breakfast...
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Homebase HAJ
The IHG Point Breaks for fall 2015 are public and there are two houses in Chicago: The Candlewood Suites Aurora-Naperville
That's not very close to Elk Grove Village. Just a heads up.

Cheers.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:15 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
So, would anyone have a car that would be willing to carpool from Crestwood HIX?

I am thinking of attending.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by wharvey
So, would anyone have a car that would be willing to carpool from Crestwood HIX?

I am thinking of attending.
wharvey, would love to see you there!

But you're going to be spending a LOT of time in the car in both directions to stay at either Crestwood or Aurora-Naperville. Are any of the other hotel chains doing promos or have cheap rates during the timeframe that have locations closer? I'd hate to see you attend & then spend more of your time in a car & missing out on a lot of the networking that happens at these events.

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:30 pm

Hey, I am an introvert.... networking in a car sounds perfect!

Was just a thought.... but probably will stay closer.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
wharvey, would love to see you there!

But you're going to be spending a LOT of time in the car in both directions to stay at either Crestwood or Aurora-Naperville. Are any of the other hotel chains doing promos or have cheap rates during the timeframe that have locations closer? I'd hate to see you attend & then spend more of your time in a car & missing out on a lot of the networking that happens at these events.

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:22 pm

Well, count me in..... Howie can be very persuasive!

Not to mention, I just found a $91.20 roundtrip flight on AA from Atlanta! Have not flown AA in over a decade.... but I can do it for this price!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:29 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by wharvey
Well, count me in..... Howie can be very persuasive!

Not to mention, I just found a $91.20 roundtrip flight on AA from Atlanta! Have not flown AA in over a decade.... but I can do it for this price!
Glad you are coming. See you in October
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:35 pm

I'm looking for a king (preferably non-smoking) at the HI. If you are looking to cancel your hotel, please let me know.

Also, if anyone know the best reservation transfer process for that HI, please post.

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: EY Gold, AB Gold, AZ Gold, TK Gold, Hilton Dia, SPG Plat
Only the Candlewood Suites in Aurora-Naperville and the HIX Crestwood are part of the Point Breaks für 35 US$. The Candlewood Suites are a bit closer, but the expressway is a toll road an there is no free breakfast provided. And if you want to commute to the city center of Chicago from the HIX Crestwood you have a very short ride to public transportation train "L".

I stay at the HIX Crestwood and I have a rental car, so feel free to join.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:34 pm

I'm new to FlyerTalk and fairly new to the Frequent Flyer game. I just registered and this will be my first seminar! Been waiting all year for this!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by 50th
I'm new to FlyerTalk and fairly new to the Frequent Flyer game. I just registered and this will be my first seminar! Been waiting all year for this!
Welcome to Flyertalk! And welcome to the Chicago Seminar Event!

Cheers.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 2:49 pm

Midway to Elk Grove Village?

I am pretty new to this and SO excited to be attending the seminar. Will be flying in to Midway (SW). Anyone know the best transportation option to the HI? Thanks, see you all there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.