Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by TravelKane
I was charged $94 @ host hotel - one person???
All that showed up on the website were 3 $94 room options - both with double beds, one had "Executive" in the room title, the other was regular room title, and last one was smoking. I just booked one of the non-smoking ones - no option for a king unfortunately.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by HMPS
Howie
yet to register. Waiting for new CC so can start the spend

as usual am available for volunteer work starting Friday 2 PM. Have done registration desk for three years. can do it again.......
awesome. I'll put you in the 4-6pm spot on Friday. Thanks as always and see you in October.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - as the event gets closer & people are looking for roommates, want to switch host & overflow hotels, want to carpool/share Uber from other hotels, want to transfer registration, etc, we'll add that section to the wiki. Anyone can edit the wiki with their requests (well, anyone with 90 posts & 90 days tenure on FT); for those not wiki-enabled those of us who are will help out.

Cheers.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, US Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Registered! Look for the guy in a turban with a camera
Old May 1, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
For HI reservations it seems we're all getting double rooms at $94/night which gets us two breakfasts instead of one (a one person room is $84 I believe). That said, the same thing happened to me last year. No worries --- we just had the front desk adjust the price down to a one person room w/ one breakfast when we arrived then.

This year I think I'll just leave as-is, get the 2nd breakfast coupon, and give it to an off-siter when they arrive. Handing off a free breakfast card is a good way to make new friends!
Old May 1, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dmat
For HI reservations it seems we're all getting double rooms at $94/night which gets us two breakfasts instead of one (a one person room is $84 I believe). That said, the same thing happened to me last year. No worries --- we just had the front desk adjust the price down to a one person room w/ one breakfast when we arrived then.

This year I think I'll just leave as-is, get the 2nd breakfast coupon, and give it to an off-siter when they arrive. Handing off a free breakfast card is a good way to make new friends!
Good info
Thanks for clarifying
Old May 5, 2015, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Overflow hotel is available -- same rate: http://www.countryinns.com/chicagoseminars

I've updated the hotel post as well.
Old May 17, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
After far too many years of living in the Chicago area and not making it to any of these, I've finally signed up. Looking forward to meeting fellow FTers and learning some new tricks.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by hdawg
Overflow hotel is available -- same rate: http://www.countryinns.com/chicagoseminars

I've updated the hotel post as well.
Not sure who updates the information for this but the dates on this link are listed as Oct 17-19 instead of Oct 16-18. Thought I would mention this so there is no confusion.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Last year I organized a dinner on the Saturday night of the Chicago Seminars, had a good turnout and it was a lot of fun. Here is the thread from last year's dinner: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-oct-18-a.html

I realize that some who had paid were not able to attend the dinner, the # of folks attending ballooned far greater than expected.(Anyone that did not get to attend dinner was of course refunded their $). As I promised in the above thread, that type of situation will not happen this year if a dinner is planned.

If any are interested in attending a dinner on Saturday night of this year's Seminars, please see & state your interest to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...17-2015-a.html

Thanks,

Willie

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jun 8, 2015 at 6:25 am Reason: update new thread info
Old May 30, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Last year I organized a dinner on the Saturday night of the Chicago Seminars, had a good turnout and it was a lot of fun.
Willie sorry to hear this happened, I have been to come FT functions in which some people have done this, knowing they have done it pay their share.. I'm not too sure if I can make it this year, a lot is happening in Oct for me, but would love to go if I can make it..

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 30, 2015 at 2:37 am
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:38 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Alright, I've got 1 night at the Hyatt Place and 1 night at the Hyatt Regency. If the wife chooses not to come, I'll be looking for someone to split rental car, and even split hotel (if not interested in hotel stay credit)
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Registered! PointsMd will be rolling with our brother and father too. Can't wait!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Alright, I've got 1 night at the Hyatt Place and 1 night at the Hyatt Regency. If the wife chooses not to come, I'll be looking for someone to split rental car, and even split hotel (if not interested in hotel stay credit)
I would likely be interested in splitting a rental car. I have two nights booked at the Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg, but changing one night to the adjacent Hyatt Place sounds like a good idea. Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Last year I organized a dinner on the Saturday night of the Chicago Seminars, had a good turnout and it was a lot of fun. Here is the thread from last year's dinner: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-oct-18-a.html

I realize that some who had paid were not able to attend the dinner, the # of folks attending ballooned far greater than expected.(Anyone that did not get to attend dinner was of course refunded their $). As I promised in the above thread, that type of situation will not happen this year if a dinner is planned.

If any are interested in attending a dinner on Saturday night of this year's Seminars, please see & state your interest to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...17-2015-a.html

Thanks,

Willie
Great dinner last year!

Sorry that I am going to miss out this year.

Thanks again for all your effort.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.