Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by znke252
Wondering this myself... It's quite late in the game at this point already.
Dates of the ORD Seminar Event were announced so folk could put it on the calendar. hdawg said he'd have registration open this month. If it's not yet open it's not like you've lost out on the chance to register.

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by jacobsa
Any idea what day the registration link will be coming out?
I guarantee the day you forget to ask is the day it'll be out.

But in all seriousness ...

I'm waiting on one piece of information to be confirmed and then registration will be out within the day after that. I was hoping for yesterday or today but its looking more like end of this week, this weekend, or beginning of next week.

If you attended last year I'll be sending out a heads up when registration goes up. If you're new and looking to attend first time this year you'll receive a notice when registration goes live when i update the thread if you've subscribed to notifications.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hdawg
If you're new and looking to attend first time this year you'll receive a notice when registration goes live when i update the thread if you've subscribed to notifications.
For those that are new to Flyertalk, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread.

I've subscribed to the thread & requested as it happens/immediate (although w/ FT immediate might be a bit delayed!). Sure I'll get some email notifications with I want to sign up/how does this work & some stuff asked over & over, but I'll also get email notifications of things that might be important.

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
For those that are new to Flyertalk, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread.

I've subscribed to the thread & requested as it happens/immediate (although w/ FT immediate might be a bit delayed!). Sure I'll get some email notifications with I want to sign up/how does this work & some stuff asked over & over, but I'll also get email notifications of things that might be important.

Cheers.
Sharon is the kinder, gentler side of this event ^
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Dates of the ORD Seminar Event were announced so folk could put it on the calendar. hdawg said he'd have registration open this month. If it's not yet open it's not like you've lost out on the chance to register.

Cheers.

When one has to book non-refundable or especially award flights, "putting it on the calendar," doesn't help much.

"... looking like 2nd full week of april it'll open up," was the posting by hdawg. Since the timeline had passed, an update was requested.

Last edited by znke252; Apr 22, 2015 at 2:46 pm
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:08 pm

I guarantee the day you forget to ask is the day it'll be out.

But in all seriousness ...

I'm waiting on one piece of information to be confirmed and then registration will be out within the day after that. I was hoping for yesterday or today but its looking more like end of this week, this weekend, or beginning of next week.

If you attended last year I'll be sending out a heads up when registration goes up. If you're new and looking to attend first time this year you'll receive a notice when registration goes live when i update the thread if you've subscribed to notifications.

Thanks for the update.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:46 pm
pkk

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DIA, Wyndham DIA, IHG Spire AMB
Sharon is the kinder, gentler side of this event ^
Sharon totally rocks!!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Looking Forward to the Sem.

Hi Howie & Rick & Sharon:
Will be there this year. Missed last year, was using up miles & points ^

Look forward to helping out as in previous years. DeltaPoint ready ?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Registration will go live at 12pmEDT today. We're using a different registration system this year, check the wiki and first post for links when it is up.

Last edited by thehowieee; Apr 28, 2015 at 6:13 am Reason: EDT time zone :)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Registration will go live at 12pm today. We're using a different registration system this year, check the wiki and first post for links when it is up.
EDT is the time zone, as per the wiki.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:23 am
Original Poster

The registration link for 12pm EDT: http://chicagoseminars2015.eventbrite.com
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:49 am

The registration link for 12pm EDT: http://chicagoseminars2015.eventbrite.com
Very excited! And great timing for me to burn off some Club Carlson points while the last-night-free deal is still alive. 15,000 points for two nights at the Country Inn and Suites O'Hare Northwest, a quick 2 mile Uber ride from the Holiday Inn!

(Feel free to join if you want to carpool!)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, HGP Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott, CC Gold, SPG
Anyone have any luck booking Manufactured Spending Seminar? It never popped up as an option at opening....
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:08 am

What time slot is the MS session? I didn't see it either.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, HGP Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott, CC Gold, SPG
It was supposed to be 11am. I got shut out of it last year as well, which is why i logged on at 11:59EDT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.