Go Back   > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 13, 16, 7:47 am   #46
  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CMH
Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,975
My god, there's actually useful content there! Plus, it's written in legible English! I've never heard of Upgrd before; thanks for turning me onto that site. It seems like a bizarro Boarding Area that's actually readable
nineworldseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 16, 9:42 am   #47
  
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Programs: Mahalo Rewards
Posts: 4,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
My god, there's actually useful content there! Plus, it's written in legible English! I've never heard of Upgrd before; thanks for turning me onto that site. It seems like a bizarro Boarding Area that's actually readable
+1 Good to have some usable advice on this latest UA crap sandwich!
84fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 17, 6:35 am   #48
  
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Programs: Mahalo Rewards
Posts: 4,247
This FM post detailing the current status on Basic Economy issues when paying with points (like UR, MR, etc.) is very helpful...

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...g-with-points/
84fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 17, 7:23 am   #49
  
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Posts: 780
For how much people say they care about great content and this board isn't entirely about bashing 3-4 bloggers, I'd like to point out this thread fell off the front page and hasn't had a post in nearly six months.
bthotugigem05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 17, 8:45 am   #50
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster
  
Join Date: May 1998
Location: 7 minutes from DCA
Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, TSA Pre!
Posts: 42,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05 View Post
For how much people say they care about great content and this board isn't entirely about bashing 3-4 bloggers, I'd like to point out this thread fell off the front page and hasn't had a post in nearly six months.

The sad truth is I haven't seen a post extraordinary enough to post here. Apparently you haven't either.

If you have, perhaps you could provide a link!?
kokonutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 17, 1:25 pm   #51
  
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
The sad truth is I haven't seen a post extraordinary enough to post here. Apparently you haven't either.

If you have, perhaps you could provide a link!?
Not a blog, but I think Andy and I are both a fan of the YouTube page of Wendover Productions.

There is a decent amount of "technical" travel related videos:
Astrophsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 17, 2:53 pm   #52
  
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Programs: Mahalo Rewards
Posts: 4,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05 View Post
For how much people say they care about great content and this board isn't entirely about bashing 3-4 bloggers, I'd like to point out this thread fell off the front page and hasn't had a post in nearly six months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
The sad truth is I haven't seen a post extraordinary enough to post here. Apparently you haven't either.

If you have, perhaps you could provide a link!?
By all means, feel free to share all the good content you've found bthotugigem05!

I'd say though it's no different than most of the rest of FT...of the "opinion" style threads most are complaints rather than compliments about the entity in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
Not a blog, but I think Andy and I are both a fan of the YouTube page of Wendover Productions.

There is a decent amount of "technical" travel related videos:
The Five Freedoms of Aviation - YouTube
Cool thanks!
84fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 17, 8:46 pm   #53
  
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: AA Plat; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Carlson Marriott & SPG Gold
Posts: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05 View Post
For how much people say they care about great content and this board isn't entirely about bashing 3-4 bloggers, I'd like to point out this thread fell off the front page and hasn't had a post in nearly six months.
This thread is about extraordinary blog content. Other threads are about blogs that post a dozen times a day. In those threads, some people point out interesting blog posts on those particular blogs. I agree that it's sad that some of the Titans have essentially flooded the space with low quality content which makes it hard for good quality , low quantity /conversions blogs to survive. I also think George at TBB does a fantastic job gathering high quality blog posts and thus this thread is duplicative.
Adam1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top