Search

2015 Austin Mega DO [sponsored by Milepoint]:: February 26 - March 1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by CMK10
All you gotta do is drink the good stuff til you get drunk and then you can switch to the cheap stuff in cans anyway as who can tell at that point?
I can. The first person to show up with PBR will be kicked off the island. Life's too short to drink crappy beer; thankfully Austin is full of really good stuff.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mackieman
I can. The first person to show up with PBR will be kicked off the island. Life's too short to drink crappy beer; thankfully Austin is full of really good stuff.
We'll have to agree to disagree, I love Miller High Life. But hey, I'll be in your town so I'll drink what you're serving.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
A hip flask of bourbon it is!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:42 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Now if we can just get the rain to sod off...
28 degrees in Fredericksburg today. A thick layer of ice on the car. Good job we've got a roaring open fire, beer and Kindles
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Today, Austin was colder than Denali and Anchorage.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by austin_res
Today, Austin was colder than Denali and Anchorage.
But not colder than Buffalo (where I'll be coming in from on Friday). Today was a record low there!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by techgirl
But not colder than Buffalo (where I'll be coming in from on Friday). Today was a record low there!
Don't suppose you're flying in early? I'm flying in on Delta first thing Friday.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Austin has some of the best canned beers in the world (hello Austin Beerworks) but yeah, no drinking out of or carrying around glass bottles or containers. We've got a couple hundred red Solo cups to help out. Mrs. Mackie and I are also bringing a pony keg from NXNW to the event so there will be beer that way too.
We also still have plenty of clear plastic stem wine glasses, so we can absolutely keep it classy. Also plastic high ball, pint and shot glasses.

Just please everyone, don't buy more cups. Please.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Don't suppose you're flying in early? I'm flying in on Delta first thing Friday.
I am on Delta Friday... but the funny thing is, they wouldn't sell me a ticket DFW-BUF-AUS-DFW (connections or otherwise). Apparently they don't view DFW-AUS as a valid route.

So my DFW-ATL-BUF-MSP-DFW will have me landing at DFW at 11 am, grabbing an Uber home to get my car, and then hitting 35S. I should hit Austin by 4 pm including a stop to fill my growler with whatever I'm drinking Friday night.

And the plus side, I can keep my weekend plans open jaw. Right now I'm planning to head back home on Saturday after the Alamo Drafthouse event... but my plans could always change!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...my plans could always change!
*sigh* And change they have. (For very good reasons, but still!)

Is anyone interested in a Friday pm or Saturday Hecklevision ticket? Are these things even transferable?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
Anybody at the Sheraton yet? I'm back here but am not on the dinner list for tonight. Would be happy to meet someone for a pre-dinner cocktail (At the Sheraton bar - I think I must've been in denial when I packed my suitcase - I am NOT prepared for that wind!)
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the latest on the weather in Austin? I'm still 50/50 whether I'll be down. It's going to be down to tomorrow's DFW weather conditions (snow/no snow) and whether I can get on the road by early afternoon.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA, UA
What's the latest on the weather in Austin? I'm still 50/50 whether I'll be down. It's going to be down to tomorrow's DFW weather conditions (snow/no snow) and whether I can get on the road by early afternoon.
20% chance of precipitation. Some flurries possible mainly in the Hill Country area west of Austin. As of now, Austin will avoid any icing problems. But, the forecast is subject to change.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DFW weather has officially knocked me out. Still in Minneapolis and apparently my street is iced over so no way to get out if I do get home.

Sad that I'll miss this. I had still been waffling this morning but this made it an official call. If anyone needs a Hecklevision ticket, message me - otherwise I'm going to find an Austin-based friend to take it!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Thanks to all the organisers, and to the United staff for a great weekend. I'm currently at LHR awaiting my flight to HEL (which will probably be warmer than AUS!).

And apologies to anyone on UA343 on Friday... only a 5:15 delay!

See you at http://www.cltmegado.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.