Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
If the fart happened on a Delta plane (instead of on an "diverted" AA plane) would Rene have blogged about it first? Discuss :-)

HATE and BBB...smh.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:29 am

C'mon, adding anything here is what he wants...
Just stop and let this thing go away
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:35 pm

Rene Blocked me on Twitter today.. He is a [redacted] but I know his type.. [redacted] minded person..

Last edited by oliver2002; Jul 27, 2017 at 5:01 am Reason: radacted personal comments
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:24 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by kingrat
Rene Blocked me on Twitter today..
Congratulations! ^
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:24 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Wow. You guys are all pathetic. I hope none of your clients, bosses etc are reading this or ever see your names attached to this thread. It's so petty. Reminds me of a person who feels the need to call people out on the internet.... Do you people seriously have nothing better to do? I don't know what you people do for a living but I can guarantee that if I ever had the opportunity to do business with any of you I would refuse based on the continued childish behavior exhibited on this thread.
Renes Points likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by jackvogt
Wow. You guys are all pathetic. I hope none of your clients, bosses etc are reading this or ever see your names attached to this thread. It's so petty. Reminds me of a person who feels the need to call people out on the internet.... Do you people seriously have nothing better to do? I don't know what you people do for a living but I can guarantee that if I ever had the opportunity to do business with any of you I would refuse based on the continued childish behavior exhibited on this thread.
Jack,

I have nothing better to do. This is really pretty good.

Best,

Joe
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
it's childish behavior to post about a business that is rude and petty in response to engagement from customers?

We're talking about a blogger who attacks people who post comments that are not rude or inappropriate at all. If you go back in this thread, you'll see that this thread does serve an important purpose. Based on the blogger's reaction to feedback (not my own), I stopped patronizing his business. Others have as well.

This isn't some poor defenseless person with a personal blog. This is a businessman who goes on tirades against customers, including those who make polite, reasoned points in response to blog posts. There is one bully here.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I don't know what you people do for a living but I can guarantee that if I ever had the opportunity to do business with any of you I would refuse based on the continued childish behavior exhibited on this thread.
I would refuse FIRST
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by josephstern
Jack,

I have nothing better to do. This is really pretty good.

Best,

Joe
Same
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:17 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
I'm all right jack keep your hands off my stack.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Rene is out with his big scoop that Delta will no longer allow spend on an Amex card to waive the MQD spend requirement or Diamond Status. He has been soliciting everyone to write Delta and Amex to head this off.

Rene does not have the best track record with predictions but this one may happen. If it does I think one of the biggest casualties will be Rene. What in the world would he have to write about if you can't mileage run and get an Amex waiver to experience the bliss of Diamond Medallion? [I say bliss of medallion somewhat sarcastically as I have watched the benefits drift away over the years].

I can understand why he is so worked up about the possible changes...it may be the end of his blog!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by naples_flyer
Rene is out with his big scoop that Delta will no longer allow spend on an Amex card to waive the MQD spend requirement or Diamond Status. He has been soliciting everyone to write Delta and Amex to head this off.

Rene does not have the best track record with predictions but this one may happen. If it does I think one of the biggest casualties will be Rene. What in the world would he have to write about if you can't mileage run and get an Amex waiver to experience the bliss of Diamond Medallion? [I say bliss of medallion somewhat sarcastically as I have watched the benefits drift away over the years].

I can understand why he is so worked up about the possible changes...it may be the end of his blog!
As noted 2 weeks go in the thread on that " As usual, Rene has difficulty in separating the personal from the professional --" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...then-read.html
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yesterdays blog post had this:

Normally ~20 unique readers per day come to the blog from Delta computers (I can track that, yes). But for that post well over 100 looked that one over.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yesterdays blog post had this:

You forgot to add the link. Here it is: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...ing-different/
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:31 am

Shameless.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.