Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So there is such a thing as bad press?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by MCIUnitedGuy
Fair warning.... I was banned by the real account almost immediately after I started following the parody account. And I don't even tweet, only follow people... so ... he...is...watching...
What a tragedy. How are you ever going to replace that well-written, valuable content?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I disagree with you in the strongest terms possible.

A great deal of truth about your blog has been written here. Much of it clever and amusing to boot!

Certainly more clever than using poor syntax and grammar as a brand component...@:-)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
What a tragedy. How are you ever going to replace that well-written, valuable content?
With this:

Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by MCIUnitedGuy
Fair warning.... I was banned by the real account almost immediately after I started following the parody account. And I don't even tweet, only follow people... so ... he...is...watching...
I think Rene's blocked more people on Twitter than every other points & miles blogger combined.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Those who support HATE sites have no business following me on twitter.
Following a Twitter account does not necessarily mean that you support it. #JustSaying
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Following a Twitter account does not necessarily mean that you support it. #JustSaying
Notably, Renespoints only follows people with the highest ethical standards, such as "Senior Affiliate Manager @bankrate Credit Cards" and "17 year old luxury travel blogger "

And " @FakeUnitedJeff ‏ " because parody accounts are okay to follow as long as they don't hit too close to home...
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222

And " @FakeUnitedJeff ‏ " because parody accounts are okay to follow as long as they don't hit too close to home...
Wow... that's pretty funny. I'm shocked and really disappointed he would support such a cruel and hateful account
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Rene's Blog - Deletes Comments?

Hello All!

I tend to disagree with many in regards to the Delta MQD waiver. I believe Diamond should be earned the hard way. I posted some comments on Rene's blog that obvious disagree with Rene. I guess since he is so passionate about getting his free Diamond status he deleted my comments... either that or my comments just never appear, or my internet is malfunctioning only on his blog. Does this happen to anyone else? I think in a good comment section there is back and forth and forums and BLOGs are useless without different opinions. I know many people who fly Delta read it.. has this happened to anyone else?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
We have a forum to discuss blogs. Maybe you can post there. Here's the link to discussion on the blog you mentioned:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...on-merged.html
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by aero0729
Hello All!
John, you can read the blog rules for comments here: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/aboutme/
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Just don't post there. Simple.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Renes Points
John, you can read the blog rules for comments here: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/aboutme/
Were their comments any of the following:

"I will not tolerate any abusive language, hate speech or attacks on me or the blog or any other readers."

Don't really care one way or the other but morbid curiosity took over.

Last edited by apodo77; Jul 19, 2017 at 9:09 pm
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Yes, Rene frequently blocks perfectly appropriate and civil posts. Worse, he selectively edits others without indicating that the original authors' words have been charged.

Rene fancies himself an "insider," if not the foremost "expert" on Delta, and therefore won't accept any dissension from his narrative. He's often flat out wrong about the facts, but when politely corrected, he censors the comment.

There's much more knowledge to be found on FT. No need to read that BA blog, except perhaps for entertainment.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

Originally Posted by tom911
We have a forum to discuss blogs. Maybe you can post there. Here's the link to discussion on the blog you mentioned:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...on-merged.html
The new home for this discussion is now the External Miles and Points Resources forum, where it will most likely be merged with the aforementioned discussion.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.