Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Renes Points
You realize in this very thread you have proven that not to be true!

Happy to be one of the blogs you love

#BestOfferPatrol rocks!
Sure, whatever makes you feel better.

Next time hold the mayo on that club sandwich, it may help you from diluting so much.

Now, which will it be tonight? Hillary or Jason Bourne?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
But seriously... When can we get an apostrophe? It matters to the English language.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by CMK10
Seriously guys? I can't stand his blog but how many posts over an apostrophe are we going to make? Of all the things to complain about this is really low on the list.
Au contraire, mon vieux - if each such error on the interwebs isn't corrected then the terrorists will win
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Au contraire, mon vieux - if each such error on the interwebs isn't corrected then the terrorists will win
My thoughts exactly
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:24 am

Simply put: There's a right way and a wrong way to spell things and Renes chooses to be wrong.

My guess? He hasn't enough respect for his readers to make the change.

But can you imagine being a new page visitor, seeing the glaring error, having some semblance of intellect and how long the blog has been around? What conclusion do you think they would draw? My money is on: Probably writes a lot of incorrect things then. And next blog it is.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Simply put: There's a right way and a wrong way to spell things and Renes chooses to be wrong.

My guess? He hasn't enough respect for his readers to make the change.

But can you imagine being a new page visitor, seeing the glaring error, having some semblance of intellect and how long the blog has been around? What conclusion do you think they would draw? My money is on: Probably writes a lot of incorrect things then. And next blog it is.
You never have a second chance to make a first impression.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You never have a second chance to make a first impression.
Incorrect. Those who are successful in business try again and again. I have been self employed for 30 years. You? BTW the blog keeps growing and growing month after month year after year.

So first impression really mean very little. It is long term quality and original quality content that matters and why the blog keeps growing. ^:-:
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Incorrect. Those who are successful in business try again and again. I have been self employed for 30 years. You? BTW the blog keeps growing and growing month after month year after year.

So first impression really mean very little. It is long term quality and original quality content that matters and why the blog keeps growing. ^:-:
Agreed. My first impression of your blog was positive. Now I see it as low quality and a desire to increase clicks so you can use that as a retort to all criticism.

A truly successful businessman wouldn't spend time on Flyertalk bragging about his 30 years of being self-employed.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Adam1222

The blogging business has used marketing to sell credit cards, making people think they'll all be flying Emirates First and taking extravagant vacations without spending a dime. Then, those people come to flyertalk when they realize bloggers aren't going to help them make those dreams a reality when there's no money in it for them.

The original goal of FlyerTalk wasn't to serve as the landing point for customers taken advantage of by bloggers and credit card marketers either. Things change.

Randy, until you adopt a realistic code of ethics for your bloggers (or heck, even the standards required by the FTC), your comments here are worthless protests of someone whose business model is being critiqued.
With full respect and props for Randy, I have to say here, here to Adam1222.

What may have been intended as a typical 'can't we all just get along and love one another' post from Randy also reads to me as glossing over the serious issues with lack of disclosure and accuracy of BoardingArea blogs, not just DeltaPoints. This forum for better or worse is a good check and balance to what appears to be sanctioned looking the other way at some of BoardingArea's bloggers adhering to a code of ethics.

I know Carol has a tough job, and its her call to remove posts that she feels are not informative. [redacted]

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 8, 2016 at 2:19 am Reason: remove advice on moderation
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Kids,

Carol/SanDiego1K was so kind to step up and take over the thankless task of moderating this forum while I was behind the great firewall of China in the week of July 25-31. Since a week we are back to normal programming. I would request you to report any non FT-like posts to me using the AMP button () to the left of each post and refrain from making any comments on members or suggestions on moderation of this forum in public.

Just in case you may have forgotten the relevant sections of the FT rules:

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

Discussion of Moderator Actions

Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.

Any concerns about the actions of a moderator should be directed exclusively and privately to the Community Director.
12.2 Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.
My general moderation philosophy is that the posts each member makes speak for their character by themselves, so it is not required to point out their brilliance or lack thereof to others by responding to them.

Best regards

Oliver2002
Moderator EM&PR forum
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:46 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...ostrophes.html
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:04 pm

One of the Renes just posted about how Clear and Precheck are "a life alerting combo".

After the facepalm, I couldn't help but wonder if he/they meant that combining the two will be detrimental to your health to the point where you have to wear a Life Alert alarm necklace...
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
One of the Renes just posted about how Clear and Precheck are "a life alerting combo".

After the facepalm, I couldn't help but wonder if he/they meant that combining the two will be detrimental to your health to the point where you have to wear a Life Alert alarm necklace...
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
René just posted about how Clear and Precheck are "a life alerting combo"
Thanks for the HT. Here is the post you are talking about: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...ter-chocolate/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.