Go Back   > >

Old Sep 4, 17, 4:33 pm   #856

Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
Lovely , Today the thought leader in libertarian travel bloggers obsessed with butts and sex used the occasion of Labor Day to bash a union. Such a classy guy.
Well, the FAs union has come out against letting a passenger's family into the airport's food court or shopping area. Apparent logic: this might interfere with an FA's job of thwarting terrorists in the terminal building.

You know it is some place for FAs to be when TSA appears to be comparatively more compassionate towards the general public!

Anyway, I never thought that Labor Day or Any Day should be an occasion to defend or even tolerate idiocy.
aktchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 17, 6:16 pm   #857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
Lovely , Today the thought leader in libertarian travel bloggers obsessed with butts and sex used the occasion of Labor Day to bash a union. Such a classy guy.
I'm just excited to *finally* get his feeling on viewing mens' toes.
josephstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 17, 7:21 pm   #858

Programs: AA Plat; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Carlson Marriott & SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktchi View Post
Well, the FAs union has come out against letting a passenger's family into the airport's food court or shopping area. Apparent logic: this might interfere with an FA's job of thwarting terrorists in the terminal building.

You know it is some place for FAs to be when TSA appears to be comparatively more compassionate towards the general public!

Anyway, I never thought that Labor Day or Any Day should be an occasion to defend or even tolerate idiocy.
They didn't make that announcement on Monday. And there was gratuitous union bashing. The timing was suspect.

As for defending or tolerating idiocy, if you read Gary's blog, you should see that every day.
Adam1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 17, 4:34 am   #859

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
I'm just excited to *finally* get his feeling on viewing mens' toes.
Just when you thought I had seen it all...he talks about his feelings...about...toes. ...!

No worries, it is a good break for post #345 ,678 on selling the CSP card #rolleyes
gpapadop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 17, 10:01 am   #860

Programs: AA EP
Over the last week -- I feel like VFTW is in cahoots with TMZ -- TMZ Travel brought to you by VFTW
AAExecPlatFlier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 17, 10:41 pm   #861

Programs: QF WP SPG PLAT
Can't deny Gary's a hardworking individual, but with more of his focus going on his "real job" the blog has really fallen of a cliff quality wise. No real analysis of anything, no detailed trip reports just a steady stream of credit card shilling, click bait and general s**tposting.
chad75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 17, 2:18 am   #862
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, TSA Pre!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad75 View Post
Can't deny Gary's a hardworking individual, but with more of his focus going on his "real job" the blog has really fallen of a cliff quality wise. No real analysis of anything, no detailed trip reports just a steady stream of credit card shilling, click bait and general s**tposting.
I got sucked into his libertarian-lite 'unpopular take' on airlines capping prices for hurricane evacuees. It was certainly far more OMNi/PR than points, miles and travel.
kokonutz is online now   Reply With Quote