Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

When/why are P/M blog posts too frequent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:09 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU

I wasn't online much this (long, for me) weekend. And I come back to what seemed like 25 or so blog posts on the 4 or 5 blogs I read regularly. And not much of it was useful.

Were the bloggers just bored this weekend? Is there some market-driven reason for putting up as many posts as possible right now?

Did anyone else notice this? Just seemed odd to me.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Is there some market-driven reason for putting up as many posts as possible right now?
Page views => $$$

:-:
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:32 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by sbm12
Page views => $$$

:-:
Well bloggers be warned: attenuate your signal to noise ratio or you'll get tuned out entirely!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Easter holiday weekend might explain it.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rubesl
Easter holiday weekend might explain it.
To me that was a reason not to post. Eyeballs show up when people are working much more than when they are home with family. At least that's the trend I see with my site.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
To me that was a reason not to post. Eyeballs show up when people are working much more than when they are home with family. At least that's the trend I see with my site.
Agreed. Saturday is about 30 per cent below Monday for me, with Monday always being the best day of the week as people catch up with weekend posts.

It is normally a downward trend Monday to Sat with a partial spike up on Sunday and then a further spike to Monday, then repeat.

Except for last weekend which was effectively 4 weak days in a trot with a very sharp recovery today.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Wasting time on the employer's clock is a big part of the internet-browsing world in OECD countries.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:11 pm

A lot of people use it as a chance to get caught up. I was able to go surfing for two days and on a mini trip and still managed to schedule a bunch of posts that I've been meaning to write for a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.