Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 17-19th, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:27 am

Need a Bigger Host Hotel

I'd like to attend but I've been at the overflow hotel for 2 years and am not doing that again. While I appreciate that this event is an all volunteer effort, I think it needs a larger host hotel.
I began trying to book a room at the host hotel in February but there have not been any rooms available.
Very disappointing.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by melstero
I'd like to attend but I've been at the overflow hotel for 2 years and am not doing that again. While I appreciate that this event is an all volunteer effort, I think it needs a larger host hotel.
I began trying to book a room at the host hotel in February but there have not been any rooms available.
Very disappointing.
I am sorry and totally understand the frustration. A larger venue is indeed in consideration for future events
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by melstero
Very disappointing.
Interesting I was able to book it the day the event went live....
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Interesting I was able to book it the day the event went live....
The hotel was blocked completely for us / the event. The only way to get a room to show was to use the group code.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by hdawg
I am sorry and totally understand the frustration. A larger venue is indeed in consideration for future events
Considering the speed with which the hotel sold out, a larger hotel makes a lot of sense. Additionally, near ORD and in many other locations, there are often several hotels within walking distance of each other. For an event such as this one multiple hotels within walking distance makes sense for various reasons including the ability to accommodate more attendees (without the added cost of rental cars) and allowing attendees a better opportunity to stay with their preferred hotel brand. Thank you for all your efforts.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Considering the speed with which the hotel sold out, a larger hotel makes a lot of sense. Additionally, near ORD and in many other locations, there are often several hotels within walking distance of each other. For an event such as this one multiple hotels within walking distance makes sense for various reasons including the ability to accommodate more attendees (without the added cost of rental cars) and allowing attendees a better opportunity to stay with their preferred hotel brand. Thank you for all your efforts.
... and it would make my wife happier to be closer to other stuff ^
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Silver, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium
Alright... can't be the only one who has tried to select "2" for quantity. Do I need to checkout twice to get one registration for me and one for Mrs. Cocaine?

When I click the drop down for "1" to try to get "2" there is no drop down. Tried three different browsers. Any one else able to get "2" to show up?

TIA
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cocaine
Alright... can't be the only one who has tried to select "2" for quantity. Do I need to checkout twice to get one registration for me and one for Mrs. Cocaine?

When I click the drop down for "1" to try to get "2" there is no drop down. Tried three different browsers. Any one else able to get "2" to show up?

TIA
You need to checkout twice. All registrations must be done individually for each registrant to pick their sessions and agree to the waiver.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:37 pm

You need to checkout twice. All registrations must be done individually for each registrant to pick their sessions and agree to the waiver.
Great, thank you! I'm glad to hear I haven't lost my ability to navigate a menu.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA
Booked. First time attending a FT event!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:52 pm

Booked!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Booked. October can't come soon enough. Look forward to meeting everyone!

Can't say I'm surprised at the popularity (and scarce availability) of the MS session. It's more relevant than ever.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: Marriott platinum, delta platinum
Are there any hotels within walking distance of the host?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:23 am

Booked with Mrs. Cocaine. First event for us. Trying to get her more into the points/travel thing... looking forward to the event!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott platinum, delta platinum
I apologize for my stupidity but how do I send you a PM?

Discount code for overflow is pending. If you PM me your email address I'll email you when the code is available before posting it so you can secure a room. Same goes for anyone else looking to book the overflow hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.