Inaugural Loyalty@Freddie Awards Conference

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:28 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Inaugural Loyalty@Freddie Awards Conference

Stumbled across this today...

Global Flight, Airline Business and The Freddie Awards are delighted to announce their partnership and a new travel loyalty conference, which will precede the annual Freddie Awards and incorporate the Travel Executive Summit for the first time.

The inaugural Loyalty@Freddie Awards Conference will take place on April 23 and 24, 2014 in Seattle, USA, integrating Randy Petersen's popular Travel Executive Summit on the morning of April 24.

The Loyalty@Freddie Awards conference will be run in addition to Loyalty 2014 which will take place on February 17-19, 2014 at the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky in Amsterdam.

What content will attendees benefit from?
Loyalty@Freddie Awards Conference will showcase the best practice of previous Freddie Awards winners, delivering invaluable insights to delegates who want to stand out from the crowd.

Also if you book your place on or before 7th February you will save up to $300, and for those who would like to attend Loyalty 2014 too, we are pleased to offer a 25% discount off this conference – simply book online at http://www.flightglobalevents.com/loyalty14 , quoting promo code UWR11104.

Attention: Don’t forget to submit your entry for the Loyalty 2014 Awards!
Submissions for the Loyalty 2014 awards will be closing on Friday 13th December. Submit your entry before this date for your chance of free PR exposure of your programme. And don’t forget, the winners within each category will showcase their scheme at Loyalty 2014 on Wednesday 19th February. Enter now at: http://www.flightglobalevents.com/lo...14---enter-now .
Old Dec 8, 2013, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The partnership with Airline Information, the group which has run the associated conference for the past 4 or 5 years appears to have run its course. Interesting that the event will have its own awards, given out in February, plus the Freddie in April.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Pretty contrary to the supposed 'by the peeps for the peeps' concept of the freddies though:

Loyalty Awards 2014 Entries - Nominations now open!

Do you have the most innovative loyalty scheme on the planet? Has your team gone above and beyond to connect with your customers with a special project in 2013? If so, get the recognition you deserve at the sixth annual Loyalty awards!

Enter a short summary of your achievements to be reviewed by our judges, with the possibility of winning a free place at Loyalty 2014 and an opportunity to present your project at the conference.

Please note: nominations are only accepted from programme operators, but that we are happy for suppliers to encourage their clients to nominate
- See more at: http://www.flightglobalevents.com/lo....VBDUnBY3.dpuf
That said having an event in February and April will split the Europeans off from the rest of the world... I doubt you can justify going to an event like this twice in two months?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Seems a bit much. But then IMHO there are too many awards for things. I mean, not just frequent flyer stuff, but music, movies, theater, car of the year, on, and on. Often multiple award schemes/sponsoring groups for each type of thing, too.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Pretty contrary to the supposed 'by the peeps for the peeps' concept of the freddies though:
There has always* been an industry conference associated with the event. That's how the airlines/hotels justify actually attending.

*At least a decade; dunno what life was like prior to that.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sbm12, just read the text I quoted. My point was that the award was about nominating yourself.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sbm12, just read the text I quoted. My point was that the award was about nominating yourself.
But isn't that also part of how the Freddie nominations are decided?? I know it has been from time to time in the past.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
But isn't that also part of how the Freddie nominations are decided?? I know it has been from time to time in the past.
Only a couple of people TRULY know how the Freddie noms (and winners!) are actually decided. And I don't think the accounting firm of Price Waterhouse Cooper are involved...
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Only a couple of people TRULY know how the Freddie noms (and winners!) are actually decided. And I don't think the accounting firm of Price Waterhouse Cooper are involved...
I think that Randy actually hired an accounting/auditing company one year.

And, yes, I've seen how the sausage is made, though the awards had a slightly different name those years.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
There has always* been an industry conference associated with the event. That's how the airlines/hotels justify actually attending.
Exactly. One year I accidentally entered the hotel a different route than the signage directed and stumbled upon the conference. The FT'er I was with commented that 99% of the FT'ers upstairs at the Freddies had no knowledge there was a conference about how to get the most revenue out of them taking place below. I guess the free buffet is a good distraction for the usually savvy FT'ers.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Exactly. One year I accidentally entered the hotel a different route than the signage directed and stumbled upon the conference. The FT'er I was with commented that 99% of the FT'ers upstairs at the Freddies had no knowledge there was a conference about how to get the most revenue out of them taking place below. I guess the free buffet is a good distraction for the usually savvy FT'ers.
So we should blame Randy for the ubiquitization of 'ancillary revenue' schemes!?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:57 pm

Does anyone have any tickets to the 2014 Freddie Awards in Seattle? Or tickets to the Travel Executive Summit? Email me [redacted] if you do. Willing to pay for any tickets/spots you may have. Thanks!

Last edited by oliver2002; Jan 16, 2014 at 1:19 am Reason: removed emailID to prevent the member getting spammed
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by The Forward Cabin
Does anyone have any tickets to the 2014 Freddie Awards in Seattle? Or tickets to the Travel Executive Summit? Email me [redacted] if you do. Willing to pay for any tickets/spots you may have. Thanks!
You can buy them directly for $99.
http://www.flightglobalevents.com/Lo...onference/fees
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Tickets still available for this event!
Subject: The true loyalty experts are gathering in Seattle next week - what about you?
This is your last opportunity to book a place at the inaugural Loyalty@Freddie Awards conference, which is taking place directly before the Freddie Awards in Seattle, on April 23-24.

The Loyalty@Freddie Awards conference reflects this, bringing together a raft of business leaders and industry gurus from across the globe, who will share their knowledge and enthusiasm. To see the full list of attending companies, visit http://www.flightglobalevents.com/Lo...-organisations .

The conference provides a fantastic opportunity to network with airlines, hotels and other travel-related companies from across the world, giving the event for the first time a truly global networking character. However, time is running out to book your place and if you want to be part of this experience, you must book now to avoid missing out.

All conference attendees will automatically be given priority to attend Randy Petersen’s Travel Executive Summit and the Freddie Awards, which will be celebrated this year at the iconic Museum of Flight ( http://www.museumofflight.org/ ).

For full details please visit our website - http://www.flightglobalevents.com/Lo...diesConference

Yours sincerely,

Ravindra Bhagwanani
Chairman Loyalty@Freddie Awards
Managing Director Global Flight

P.S. Don’t forget – register your place today to take advantage of our secure delegate networking area where you can message other attendees who have opted in and view the most up-to-date delegate list.
Posted By Ravindra Bhagwanani
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I have no skin in the game, but as someone who works on branding I'm confused by either the overlap or mixed messaging of the associated events:

Loyalty@Freddie Awards Conference
The Annual Travel Executive Summit
The Freddie Awards

Perhaps in this world of social media I'm cynical, but why mix audiences? If I were a loyalty executive, I think I'd want to attend a conference free of customers (a.k.a. people I'm trying to stop from gaming me) so discussions can be honest and frank.

On the other hand, you've got to hand it to Randy to be inclusive and add frequent flyers to the mix. But if the goal is to merge all players/users in the loyalty game, why not set-up a format that puts this mixing front and center? And promote the heck out of it!

Hosted by frequent flyer guru Randy Petersen, the Travel Executive Summit is a must-attend event for loyalty program executives, partners and vendors of the industry, frequent flyers, and anyone else who wants to participate in the discussions that typically go on behind the scenes in loyalty program offices throughout the world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.