Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)

Two tricks exposed by blogger at the ****** blog today (with screenshots!). Better book those runs ASAP before LM responds.

Last edited by SOLTATIO; Dec 5, 2013 at 10:14 am Reason: Request for blog name removal.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Two tricks exposed by Scott at the ******* blog today (with screenshots!). Better book those runs ASAP before LM responds.
Is this a widely read blog?

Was makes what he is doing even more irritating is that he doesnt seem to really know what hes talking about. He recommends to call lifemiles to book more complicated itineraries that you cant book online - something we all know is impossible to do. Not to mention that calling them to book one of these routes would be incredibly foolish.

He is basically profiting off the hard work done by many many people, without even putting in his own homework, in order to make a quick buck.

Last edited by Enigma368; Dec 5, 2013 at 10:50 am Reason: Remove blog name
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Is this a widely read blog?

Was makes what he is doing even more irritating is that he doesnt seem to really know what hes talking about. He recommends to call lifemiles to book more complicated itineraries that you cant book online - something we all know is impossible to do. Not to mention that calling them to book one of these routes would be incredibly foolish.

He is basically profiting off the hard work done by many many people, without even putting in his own homework, in order to make a quick buck.
He also claims hidden city ticketing violates no laws. True per se - no federal or state laws violated - but one IS violating the contract of carriage.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SOLTATIO
Two tricks exposed by *** Better book those runs ASAP before LM responds.
Please take this guys website name out. Why feed him with more hits. I did not google his website and I suggest you guys don't either.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Wow. That is low.
He's clearly never contributed to this thread and publishes the trick? What the heck.
I'm seriously seriously upset right now. Was planning on using this with friends soon, may not get the chance.
soltatio, you should code the site so we don't encourage page views for such unfriendly deal ending, flyertalk screwing, money making greed.
Sorry to the writer, but, this is low. Why?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
This dude is spoiling it for all of us. I now will not be surprised if LM devalues their miles. Can you blame them really when you have idiot bloggers like him???
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
Done.

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Please take this guys website name out. Why feed him with more hits. I did not google his website and I suggest you guys don't either.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Wow. That is low.
He's clearly never contributed to this thread and publishes the trick? What the heck.
I'm seriously seriously upset right now. Was planning on using this with friends soon, may not get the chance.
soltatio, you should code the site so we don't encourage page views for such unfriendly deal ending, flyertalk screwing, money making greed.
Im guessing he could give a **** whether he kills the route or not, all he is thinking about is a quick $.

This is why we cannot share these routes openly, cos you will get people swooping in who have made no effort to work out these routes and then both profit off other peoples hard work and at the same time kill the route.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:47 am

[QUOTE=Enigma368;21908294]Is this a widely read blog?

nevermind

Last edited by maverick17; Dec 6, 2013 at 4:11 am
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Some poor sap is going to get denied boarding going to Russia without their visa.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:17 pm

again redacted by another FTer's request. not that it'll do anything honestly. if it dies it dies if it doesn't it doesn't

Last edited by yerffej201; Dec 5, 2013 at 12:25 pm
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Bye .... will miss you
It's still alive, I suggest you edit your post.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by stinger101
Some poor sap is going to get denied boarding going to Russia without their visa.
Since I don't want to search and give this idiot page views, is this the trick (of various iterations) that's been spoiled?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:46 pm

Last edited by yerffej201; Dec 5, 2013 at 2:36 pm
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nemme99
Since I don't want to search and give this idiot page views, is this the trick (of various iterations) that's been spoiled?
Originally Posted by SOLTATIO
Done.

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.