One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't read the posts, but I've definitely never seen a UA lounge that I admire. Hard to believe.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by josephstern
I haven't read the posts, but I've definitely never seen a UA lounge that I admire. Hard to believe.
I've never been to the new one at LHR, but in general, it is pretty well-received.

I'll wait until he publishes his full reviews, but it does seem a little strange to rave about UA F, especially after having just gotten off the new KE F.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
The post is full of immature comments asking what happened with UAL in 2011...
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by char777
I've never been to the new one at LHR, but in general, it is pretty well-received.

I'll wait until he publishes his full reviews, but it does seem a little strange to rave about UA F, especially after having just gotten off the new KE F.
The UA GF lounge in LHR is very nice. I had a champagne breakfast served to me and had plenty of room as I was one of two people there.

If he raves about UA GF it is a blatant case of sucking up to UA and trying to get into their good graces again after being banned for the reusing a cert incident.

If one has never been in Intl F on any airline then maybe one could rave. Maybe. Of the 15 Airlines on which I have experienced Intl F, UA comes in at number 15. There is no way he could rave about UA GF and maintain any credibility. Not that credibility matters much to him.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cruisr
The UA GF lounge in LHR is very nice. I had a champagne breakfast served to me and had plenty of room as I was one of two people there.

If he raves about UA GF it is a blatant case of sucking up to UA and trying to get into their good graces again after being banned for the reusing a cert incident.

If one has never been in Intl F on any airline then maybe one could rave. Maybe. Of the 15 Airlines on which I have experienced Intl F, UA comes in at number 15. There is no way he could rave about UA GF and maintain any credibility. Not that credibility matters much to him.
I agree to an extent, but it's also a case of people going in with beaten down expectations, and the fluke of a good crew could leave a very favorable impression. The UA Lounges at LHR T2 do look spectacular, the new Cowsheed amenity kit is certainly in-line with what BA or LH F offer, and the GF seat is very spacious and well padded.

I doubt he will get off whatever "blacklist" he may be placed on for participation in UA MP. Even the other major bloggers aren't big at pimping UA, one of the assistants at TPG (Zach H) seems to fly them a lot but it doesn't seem they have special "access" per se. IMO in the past five years or so the airlines reluctantly invited in these bloggers once it became clear they were gaining many followers and some attention from the mainstream media.

People here may remember the ill-fated attempts (C) 2009-2011 from the user AmericanAirlines who posted on the AAdvantage forum, really didn't add any value and simply restated what others had posted. CO and SPG were particularly effective in their presence on FT, but UAInsider has basically just become a corporate mouthpiece posting news releases and short snippets relating to policy information.

For now there are a few bloggers that have virtual megaphones but as programs continue to get devalued, MS opportunities fade away, card issuers clamping down on excessive applicants their relevance and influence will fade away, IMO.

Last edited by AAerSTL; Sep 28, 2016 at 7:05 am
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cruisr
If one has never been in Intl F on any airline then maybe one could rave. Maybe. Of the 15 Airlines on which I have experienced Intl F, UA comes in at number 15. There is no way he could rave about UA GF and maintain any credibility.
Isn't United dropping the F product altogether with the introduction of Polaris?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Isn't United dropping the F product altogether with the introduction of Polaris?
Yes, won't be several years. Unclear what direction UA will go with the wind down. Given their history of selling 3-cabins domestically even ORD-DEN/IAD/etc when operated with three-cabin equipment I assume it will be sold until the very end. About 18 months ago AA tried flagship suite F sold as J on MIA-EZE/BCN/MAD/SCL and reverted back to selling and operating it as a separate cabin, due in part to the delay of new 772 J rollout.

Maybe they will try to do like USAIR did with Envoy Sleeper and simply upcharge for the better seat in the interim but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies & Gentlemen, Dear Kids,
one swallow doesn't make a summer. Until you see a clear pattern that OmmaT has gone back to United, lets not speculate of what exactly has happened. One post deleted.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
one swallow doesn't make a summer. Until you see a clear pattern that OmmaT has gone back to United, lets not speculate of what exactly has happened. One post deleted.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
^^^^
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
^^^^
Sparkling comment!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Sparkling comment!
+1 ^ BBB
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
Just so I am clear since it seems my post was deleted...speculation of any kind is prohibited?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
Just so I am clear since it seems my post was deleted...speculation of any kind is prohibited?
LOL, speculation? You wrote you were 100% certain!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:09 pm

Today's post by Ford:
"How to be treated like you’re a loyal guest (even when you’re not)"

Steps:
  1. Have your parents spend a lot of money to send you to an Ivy Leauge school.
  2. Finish school, find and quit your job.
  3. Meet a popular travel blogger who has a need for companionship.
  4. Travel the world on your partner's points and get treated like a loyal guest based upon your partner's hotel status and their influence as a top travel blogger.
  5. Get a job as a travel agent so you can say you don't live off your parent's money.
  6. Ask boyfriend if you can write articles in order to promote your services and mask the blatant advertisement as advice to travelers so that you can tell people you are successful at your job and that you write for a blog that gets millions of views.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Scrub
So I had been wondering for a while now why the "top credit card offers" never contained the CSR. It has the Jetblue Card (LOL) and the Ritz Card, even the CSP. But no CSR.

Lo and behold today's post on the "Quadrafecta", no links to the CSR. He managed to slip in links to the CSP though. I have been wondering why that card hasn't been pumped into oblivion. I guess Lucky wasn't able to get commission what so ever, direct or otherwise, on it and as a result he hasn't been pumping it or even really mentioned it in the past month. Now the Ritz on the other hand gets pumped like no other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.