Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I guess Gary ran out of tin foil hats that day.
I think it'd be pretty weird to be a paranoid libertarian: "You should be able to do anything you want--except you."
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Pretty ugly post from OMAAT today. Takes content from Doctor of Credit, deletes the part about how the fee is lower in branch, and then reposts the rest of it to drive affiliate sign-ups.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by stvr
Pretty ugly post from OMAAT today. Takes content from Doctor of Credit, deletes the part about how the fee is lower in branch, and then reposts the rest of it to drive affiliate sign-ups.
That's pretty low, even for him. He sold out for the $$$ a long time ago.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
As regular readers of this thread know, I'm usually (but not always) a supporter of Ben's blog. This thread also keeps me entertained. Sometimes it's the great posts; oftentimes it's the silly ones. There are a lot of both kinds, fortunately.

Anyway, one of today's blog posts is too funny not to share: "The Increasing Value Of The Citi Executive AAdvantage Card."

Now that didn't take long, did it?

Newcomers here will wonder why that's so funny. Old timers? Well, let me put it this way. I'm still laughing.

(Edit: I'll also point out that some folks take this stuff way, way too seriously . . . .)

Last edited by FallenPlat; Jul 20, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
As regular readers of this thread know, I'm usually (but not always) a supporter of Ben's blog. This thread also keeps me entertained. Sometimes it's the great posts; oftentimes it's the silly ones. There are a lot of both kinds, fortunately.

Anyway, one of today's blog posts is too funny not to share: "The Increasing Value Of The Citi Executive AAdvantage Card."

Now that didn't take long, did it?

Newcomers here will wonder why that's so funny. Old timers? Well, let me put it this way. I'm still laughing.

(Edit: I'll also point out that some folks take this stuff way, way too seriously . . . .)
He seems to be more and more overt and is coming across, to me as a bit desperate. Do you think with chase having dumped him he is significantly lacking in revenue?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
He seems to be more and more overt and is coming across, to me as a bit desperate.
Naaaah, it's just your imagination, you hater
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:58 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Let's stay on topic and not discuss individual members.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:52 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Credit where credit is due — I haven't read OMaaT in a while, but I did enjoy the Longyearbyen post. The fact that they went to a place so far off the map (and one that basically doesn't have any luxury hotels) and for more than a few hours' stopover is a refreshing change.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
He seems to be more and more overt and is coming across, to me as a bit desperate. Do you think with chase having dumped him he is significantly lacking in revenue?
I've been wondering why we don't see any Chase cards anymore. Any (baseless I hope!) speculation on why he was dropped?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Gary Leff summarizes the terrible changes to Citi Prestige and then dukes it out in the comments. Couldn't help but notice this nugget:

"As far as whether my analysis is someone driven by revenue to me from card applications, I put right up front at the top of the post that there appears to still be a better offer — 50,000 vs 40,000 points — out there which does not give anything to me. So go complain about people who AREN’T pointing that out. Thanks."

Guess who's not pointing it out? OMAAT
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stvr
Gary Leff summarizes the terrible changes to Citi Prestige and then dukes it out in the comments. Couldn't help but notice this nugget:

"As far as whether my analysis is someone driven by revenue to me from card applications, I put right up front at the top of the post that there appears to still be a better offer — 50,000 vs 40,000 points — out there which does not give anything to me. So go complain about people who AREN’T pointing that out. Thanks."

Guess who's not pointing it out? OMAAT
Gary makes a valid point.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Gary makes a valid point.
And, naturally, he has a typo in it.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
And still manages to pump:

Prestige 40k link
Citi Executive aff link (three of them!)
Amex Platinum aff 40k link (wow!)
Chase Sapphire Preferred aff link

I guess it is so hard linking to the better non affiliate links for both the Prestige and Amex Platinum cards.

This crap drives me crazy

Last edited by gpapadop; Jul 25, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
One of the things that's gotten debated here -- endlessly -- is whether bloggers like Ben receive special treatment. (That's not counting those who actually call in advance to get special treatment on purpose, e.g., TPG.)

One Mile at a Time is now running a very funny illustration of some of the ins and outs of this phenomenon: "China Eastern Is On To US!"

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...stern-service/

Also a personal note here: among my favorite posts on this blog are the comical "service fail" ones, and the current series on China Eastern does not disappoint. The comments are pretty funny, too.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
OMG. The comments in those MU posts...I was laughing out loud hysterically at some of those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.