Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
The point is, OMaaT, the lifestyle and the posts, is just one big tool to generate cc signups. It's not really about teaching people how to get and use points and miles. The goal is the signups.
This. +1000
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:24 pm
Suspended

So, who thinks Ben has read these recent posts?

I'm guessing yes, because...well...he's [redacted] as they come.

At the same time, must be kinda hard to digest for him!

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 4, 2015 at 3:26 am Reason: lets not call names :)
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:50 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by pricesquire
So, who thinks Ben has read these recent posts?
Take it from the Thought Leader in Points and Miles Blogs, Seminars, Charters and Websites: ALL significant points and miles bloggers read this forum. Every day.

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 4, 2015 at 3:26 am Reason: removed redacted quote
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Take it from the Thought Leader in Points and Miles Blogs, Seminars, Charters and Websites: ALL significant points and miles bloggers read this forum. Every day.
Before or after they stalk FT for posts they can use for their blogs?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:23 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by cruisr
Before or after they stalk FT for posts they can use for their blogs?
While!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:54 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by kokonutz
You know it kokonutz, you know it!

TBb
remaining proudly insignificant
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by justforfun
This. +1000
He's been called out many times in the comments that he doesn't really even travel. He just sits in planes and posh hotels and never truly sees the destinations. And every time an army of fanboys with pitchforks come out to support him. Let the fools do what they want.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
He's been called out many times in the comments that he doesn't really even travel. He just sits in planes and posh hotels and never truly sees the destinations. And every time an army of fanboys with pitchforks come out to support him. Let the fools do what they want.
Posh hotels? Doesn't he only do chains? That must get really boring.
Has there ever been a review of a non-chain luxury hotel?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Posh hotels? Doesn't he only do chains? That must get really boring.
Has there ever been a review of a non-chain luxury hotel?
Yes. He has stayed at several Aman Resorts properties. But it is rare that he stays at a non-chain hotel.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
Yes. He has stayed at several Aman Resorts properties. But it is rare that he stays at a non-chain hotel.
It was also probably the most I've seen him pay out of pocket for a hotel/resort in a trip report. Wasn't it like $3-5k for a week? I think this was around the time he was a travel agent? I could be wrong.

I like this quote from the other day:

"But that brings me to a bigger point, and Im sure Im not alone. After having lived in hotels for about 16 months, I think Im finally over hotel breakfast, even when its free."

Going on a limb here and going to say that a minority of your readers make 7 figures and have lived in a hotel for the last 16 months.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:36 am

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-dhabi-suites/

Even though the trip report is almost 6 months old Tiffany is trying to convince people that you "present your boarding pass" to Emirates Chauffeur desk and ask for a car (the Emirates car in the photo is recycled from Ben's review). I recall someone speaking about this issue and said that the airline had pretty strict policies in place. If an agent decided to or mistakenly gave someone a chauffeur it could cost them their job. I've also not seen any data points that this still works (actually many data points on Ben's blog in previous posts that say it doesn't work).
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:14 am

this:

http://nypost.com/2015/08/04/how-one...most-for-free/

and this:

http://nypost.com/2015/08/04/5-secre...es-like-a-pro/
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:14 am

Glad Ben came out of the closet. I always suspected given his awkward pronoun use in reviews. For his own safety as newly out, hope he gets over his Middle East fixation.

Ben is nice looking. The handjob story is pretty hot.

Happy for Ben to make lots of money off credit card referrals. I wonder why he keeps his digging ditches job in the award booking business. I could not care less if he swipes knowledge from FT. His posts are always a good read and I get a tidbit every now & again.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:34 am
Suspended

His posts are always a good read? LOL.

His posts are like reading an obit or a paint by numbers...you know EXACTLY how it's going to read..beginning, middle, and end.

The chain hotels thing....wow. Miserable. The hardest thing to read from him is when he justifies the chains because, well "he likes to know what he's in for"
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Colin
Glad Ben came out of the closet. I always suspected given his awkward pronoun use in reviews. For his own safety as newly out, hope he gets over his Middle East fixation.

Ben is nice looking. The handjob story is pretty hot.

Happy for Ben to make lots of money off credit card referrals. I wonder why he keeps his digging ditches job in the award booking business. I could not care less if he swipes knowledge from FT. His posts are always a good read and I get a tidbit every now & again.
I don't ever recall seeing him hide anything - he just didn't feel the need to articulate that personal detail on his blog. And he still doesn't, on his blog. That's pretty different from coming out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.